Whatever the pain in terms of intensity and localization, almost always it talks about any malfunctioning in the body. Pain sensations in the peripodal region are among the most common symptoms. In the case of recurring and particularly intense pains, a doctor should be visited to avoid possible serious health problems.
- Types of pain
- pain above the navel
- pain below the navel
- Pain to the right of the umbilicus
- pain on the left of the navel
- pain in the navel during pregnancy
- Intestinal obstruction in the jejunum
- Violations mesenteric circulation
- intestinal inflammation
- Infringement of umbilical hernia
- Digestive problems due to fermentopathy
- Intestinal tumors
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn's disease
- Oncological diseases
Types of pain
A specialist can determine the presence or absence of a pathological process for the placement and irradiation of pain. Pain is of particular importance to the body, it carries out the signal function. So, the body makes it clear that something is wrong with it.
Pain can be of 3 types:
- Somatic - develops due to damage to bones or soft tissues or from muscle spasm;
- Visceral - is associated with internal organs: with their defeat or overgrowth;
- Neuropathic is a pain that occurs from the defeat( for example, pressing) of nerves.
Pain is divided into 2 main types:
- Acute is a short, severe painful sensation, usually associated with tissue damage.
- Chronic is a prolonged repetitive pain sensation, usually associated with the repair of previously damaged tissues.
Among the pains in the abdomen are the following species.
- Aching pain in the navel area - occurs with intestinal obstruction, gas accumulation, neoplasms, enteritis( chronic), during pregnancy, pathology of the genitourinary system.
- Acute pain in the navel - occurs with ulcer disease, cholecystitis or strangulated hernia. Such pain is possible with urolithiasis.
- Pulling - possible in pregnant women, with genitourinary ailments, intestinal obstruction.
- Stitching pain in the navel - allows to assume acute inflammation in the abdominal cavity( acute cholecystitis, pancreatitis, appendicitis), pathology of the genitourinary sphere in women.
- Pain in the navel area when pressing - usually indicates the presence of a hernia in this area( this is accompanied by a feeling of nausea, increased gas production and diarrhea).In addition, appendicitis can be manifested in this way( accompanied by nausea, and pain intensification at the touch occurs on the right).
Abdominal pain is classified as:
- Constant abdominal - this is usually a stable acute pain in the navel area, as well as a burning or cutting pain in the navel. This nature of pain speaks of inflammation in the abdomen: this can manifest acute pancreatitis, acute cholecystitis, the development of purulent inflammation, gallstones, ulcerative lesions of the stomach or duodenum.
- Spastic ( paroxysmal) - convulsively similar, undulating character of sensation. Such pain indicates an increase in intestinal peristalsis due to bowel deformities( compression or stretching).These conditions can arise from increased gas formation, infection, or due to stress disorder.
- Chronic is a pain that recurs for a long time. She can talk about chronic diseases of the digestive or genitourinary system.
- Neurological or psychogenic soreness.
In the abdominal cavity, projected onto the peribulate zone, are localized:
- transverse colon;
- small intestine;
- ascending and lower horizontal part of duodenum;
- large oil seal;
- ureters( upper divisions);
- of the kidney;
- large gastric curvature( projection of it in this zone is observed with some lowering of the stomach).
Most often, the pathological processes in the small intestine, or more precisely, in the middle part of the jejunum, are to blame for the pain sensations in the peripodal region. If the jejunum will not function properly, this will lead to a violation of absorption of the necessary substances. Therefore, if it hurts in this area, do not postpone the visit to the doctor.
According to the projection of the digestive organs on the peribulate zone, with pains at the level of the navel, the following problems can be assumed:
- Obstruction in the jejunum;
- Disturbances of mesenteric circulation( mesenteric ischemia and thrombosis);
- Small intestine inflammation;
- Infringement of umbilical hernia;
- Digestive problems due to lack of various enzymes;
- Tumors of the jejunum;
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
Pain above the navel
In the epigastrium is the pylorus of the stomach and the beginningduodenum. Therefore, tenderness in this area indicates gastritis, duodenitis, peptic ulcer disease or stomach tumors. With the perforated ulcer, a sharp increase in pain occurs.to the table of contents ^
Pain below the navel
With soreness in the hypogastric region, a pathology of the large intestine or gynecological diseases( often endometriosis) is suspected. In addition, the soreness of this arrangement can speak of ischemia and an atherosclerotic process in the vessels of the intestine( this is indicated by spasms and obstipation).In addition, one can suspect cystitis, benign and malignant tumors of the uterus and appendages, an aneurysm of the abdominal aorta, diverticulitis.to the table of contents ^
Pain to the right of the navel
Pain to the right of the navel is characteristic of renal pathology( the top of the right kidney is localized here), curvature of the intestines( this is indicated by sharp, cramping pains), appendicitis( pain begins in the near-bulbous zone and for 6-12hours is moved to the right, combined with a rise in temperature, dry mouth and rapid pulse).to the table of contents ^
Pain to the left of the navel
Here are the intestines, the top of the left kidney and the left ureter, the omentum. Pain appears, for example, with flatulence. If, in the presence of pain, bright red blood appears - this is a sign of hemorrhoids, and if the stool is black - then gastrointestinal bleeding. In addition, there may appear diaphragmatic pain in viral lesions of the lungs.
Pain in the navel during pregnancy
If this is not the result of any of the pathological processes discussed above, then such sensations in women expecting a baby are normal. This is due to:
- rapid increase in the size of the fetus and, as a result, stretching the skin of the abdomen;
- stretching of the umbilical cord muscle;
- stretching the abdominal muscles of a woman with insufficient development.
Intestinal obstruction in the jejunum region
This pathology is characterized by such symptoms:
- cramping pains in the navel, growing;
- frequent vomiting, multiple, sometimes involving intestinal contents;
- there is no stool and no gas;
- decrease in pressure, palpitations, weakness.
Mesenteric circulation disorders
- The pain is cramped, it weakens if you take a knee-elbow position;
- Rapid heart rate;
- Vomiting and diarrhea with discharge of blood;
- In the case of acute soreness, no separation of gases and stools, a sharp deterioration in the condition, one should assume the development of peritonitis, an urgent operation is necessary;
- If the pain begins to be felt in half an hour after eating, it gives epigastric and right iliac fossa, then this is chronic intestinal ischemia. These symptoms are stopped by nitroglycerin.
Small intestine inflammation
- Pain of burning type;
- Severe diarrhea, especially after eating( often about 20 times a day);
- Weakness, hand tremor, hypotension;
In this case, treatment of the inflammatory process is necessary.to table of contents ^
Infringement of umbilical hernia
- Severe pain;
- Obstipation( constipation);
- Isolation of blood with mildew;
Digestive problems due to fermentopathies
- Watery diarrhea.
In case of a lack of enzymes, a product that is poorly tolerated should be excluded from the diet.to the table of contents ^
- Dull pain in the navel;
- Rumbling in the abdomen;
- Black stool;
Such diseases are treated surgically.to table of contents ^
- Sudden occurrence of pain;
- Increased body temperature;
- Articular pain( aches and pains).
When enterocolitis requires treatment in a hospital.to the table of contents ^
Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pain cramped, under the rib;
- Diarrhea or Obstipation;
- Isolation of mucus with mildew;
- Characteristically, in the afternoon, pain usually does not occur.
This is a functional disorder not caused by physical damage.to contents ^
An inflammatory disease that manifests itself in the violation of an autoimmune response in intestinal infections.
- Rapid fatigue;
- Loss of appetite;
- Abdominal pain;
- Temperature increase;
- Weight Loss.
- Severe cramping pain;
- Rumbling in the abdomen;
- Diarrhea, while the feces resemble tar.
These conditions require surgical intervention.to the table of contents ^
Most of the ailments causing pain in the navel are life-threatening conditions and require surgical treatment.
Pains in the peripodal region can talk about a variety of pathologies, but most of them are quite serious, life-threatening conditions requiring medical intervention. Therefore, in order to save life and health in the event of severe pain in the navel, accompanied by the above symptoms, you should immediately contact a specialist for diagnosis and treatment.