There just pancakes not bake skillful hostess on Shrove Tuesday:from wheat and rye flour, from corn and pea, rice, oatmeal. A traditional delicacy, which from time immemorial in Russia was respected and served as a real decoration of the table, were buckwheat pancakes.
Today they are considered almost a delicacy and cook quite rarely. On the one hand, this is due to the fact that buckwheat flour is not always on the shelf in the store you will find, but you do not need to grind cereals yourself in a coffee grinder. And on the other hand, pancakes made from buckwheat flour for some reason do not work for every cook. But if you keep all the cooking technology, then the pancakes will turn out to be famous: lush, soft, with holes.
- It is noteworthy that without wheat flour, it is unlikely to cook buckwheat pancakes. Flour from buckwheat does not contain the right amount of gluten, and the pancake will just fall apart just from it. That's why almost every recipe includes an equal amount of wheat and buckwheat flour.
- In other respects these surprisingly tasty pancakes of dark color differ little in technology of cooking from others: they are made from fresh and yeast dough, milk, water or kefir.
Buckwheat pancakes with milk
Traditional buckwheat pancakes are prepared with milk with the addition of yeast. In this case, they are obtained not only soft, but also "spongy", lush.
In Russia they were served more often with salty stuffing, for example, sour cream and mushroom sauce, or not stuffed at all, and laid out before the guests a high hill of pancakes and gave everyone the opportunity to choose independently than to flavor the dish: caviar, cottage cheese, salted fish.
- Buckwheat flour - 1 glass.
- Wheat flour - 1 glass.
- Eggs - 3 pcs. Buckwheat flour Milk Dry yeast
- Milk - 3,5-4 glasses.
- Water - 0.5 cup. Yeast dry - 7 grams.
- Butter - 50 grams.
- Sugar - 3 tsp.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp.l.
- Pour 2.5 cups of milk into a saucepan, bring it to a boil. Another third of the glass is heated separately to about 40 degrees.
- In a deep dish to sift buckwheat flour and stirring, pour water into it. Then, with constant stirring, pour hot milk.
- In the milk that was heated separately, pour in the yeast and dissolve them. All pour into the brewed dough from buckwheat flour, stir thoroughly until the lumps are eliminated, best of all by a mixer at a low speed. Leave the dough in the heat for about 2 hours, covered with a towel.
- Separate egg whites and yolks, the latter rub with sugar.
- Melt butter.
- Stir the dough to stir, sift the wheat flour into it, pour melted butter, a glass of milk( warm) and yolks. Salt, mix with a mixer until the consistency of liquid sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, whip the proteins, gradually add them to the dough, stirring constantly. Leave the dough for another 2 hours in the heat.
- Ready dough, without stirring, sprinkle with vegetable oil( about a tablespoon).
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat and pour the dough onto it with a ladle, filling it with 2/3.Allow the test to spread evenly over the surface, tilting the frying pan several times in different directions.
- Pancake bake on one side for about a half minutes, then turn it over and fry for about a minute.
Finished pancakes from the top is best lubricated with butter, and served separately from the filling. They are best combined with caviar, sour cream, and salted mushrooms. If the filling is sweet, then in advance it is better to add more sugar in the dough.
How to cook buckwheat pancakes - video
Advice! Fry buckwheat pancakes is best in a pan with non-stick coating, without lubricating it with butter, and the last add to the spoon in the dough as it decreases, but in no case stirring. If a cast-iron frying pan is used, it must necessarily be thick-bottomed, and the oil should not be poured on it, but spread thinly with a silicone brush. And that the pancakes were not brittle, when frying from the first side, it is best to cover the pan with a lid.
Buckwheat pancakes on the water can be eaten during the Shrovetide week, and after it, when the Great Lent comes, because they are made without eggs or milk. They are no less delicious, delicate, crunchy. It will take a long time to cook, more precisely, it is better to prepare everything from the evening, and to fry the pancakes in the morning.
- Buckwheat flour - 0.5 tbsp.
- Wheat flour - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.l.(without slide) Water Flour Sugar
- Salt - 0,5 tsp. Yeast dry - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 2 sec.l.
- Water - 0.5 liters.
- Sift each type of flour separately.
- In a deep bowl, pour half the glass of each kind of flour, yeast, mix everything with warm water to make a thick dough, more viscous than pancakes. Water should be poured "on the eye", an average of about 0,5 glasses. A bowl with a test that occupies not more than a third of its height, cover with a lid or tighten with a food film and remove it for 8 hours( preferably at night) in the refrigerator.
- Put a glass of warm water into the rest of the dough, sift the remaining flour, add sugar and salt and mix everything with a mixer. Cover the bowl again and remove it in a warm place for at least an hour, so that the dough rises approximately twice.
- Boil water and about half a cup of boiling water pour into the risen dough, so that at a density it becomes like a liquid sour cream, mix. On its surface should appear bubbles. In this form, the dough should stand for about another half an hour.
- Immediately before baking in the dough you need to pour in the vegetable oil.
- Warm up the frying pan, if necessary, lubricate it with oil( only once, when baking subsequent pancakes this is no longer necessary).
- Pour the dough into a pan with a thin layer( about half the spoon), evenly distributing it. The thinner the layer, the more delicate and crispy you will get pancakes. Fry on both sides until cooked.
Serve these pancakes with tea, without forgetting honey and jam.
Pancakes with buckwheat porridge
Pancakes with buckwheat can be prepared if you have only cereals at hand, and you could not find the flour. Immediately it is worth saying that they taste almost the same, but they need a blender to make them.
- Wheat flour - 300 grams.
- Buckwheat - 1 tbsp.
- Eggs - 3 pcs.+ 2 yolks.
- Milk - 1 liter. Buckwheat groats Butter cream
- Butter - 100 grams + for frying.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.l.
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Egg whites and yolks separated from each other, first set aside, and the latter slightly whipped and mixed with milk( 3 cups) until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Butter melt and, after having slightly cooled, pour into the milk-egg mixture, add sugar and salt, mix with a mixer.
- There also sift the flour together with the baking powder, carefully knead the dough with a mixer until smooth. Dough cover, leaving to insist.
- Buckwheat buckwheat and pour boiling water( about 2 cups), add salt and put on fire. When it boils, reduce heat, cover and cook until soft( about 20 minutes).Pour a glass of milk into the croup, once again bring to a boil and cook for about 4 minutes. Cool it down.
- When the buckwheat porridge cools, crush it in a puree with a blender.
- Combine buckwheat with dough, stirring thoroughly.
- Whip the egg whites into a firm foam, after which, one spoonful put them into the dough, after adding each stirring the last one in the direction from the bottom up.
- Heat the frying pan with butter and bake pancakes on it on both sides without covering it with a lid.
Breton pancakes with apples
Dishes from buckwheat are characteristic not only for Russian cuisine. For example, the inhabitants of the French province of Brittany, too, do not mind eating it, but they do not cook porridge, but use buckwheat flour and bake pancakes or crepes from it, as they are called in France.
The recipe for French pancakes from buckwheat flour is quite simple, and the dish is suitable for breakfast as well as for a hearty snack throughout the day. Prepare these pancakes as sweet, for example, with apples or pears, and with meat or egg additives.
- Buckwheat flour - 120 grams.
- Wheat flour - 200 grams.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 100 grams.
- Milk - 300 ml.
- Light beer - 300 ml. Apples Cinnamon Beer
- Vegetable oil.
- Apples - 3 pcs.
- Sugar( better brown) - 80 grams.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Cinnamon ground - 0,5 tsp.
- Sugar powder.
- In a deep bowl, sift both types of flour, mix them with salt and make a groove in the center.
- Break into the deepening of eggs, pour in warm milk and start whipping with a mixer at a slow speed. When the dough becomes more homogeneous, start gradually pouring the beer, without stopping stirring. Add the beer until the dough looks like a liquid sour cream. Leave it for about an hour, covered with a lid or a film.
- Peel apples from the core, peel, then cut into cubes or thin slices. Fry apples in oil until browned( about 5 minutes).
- Add sugar with cinnamon to the apples, stir several times, so that the fruit is evenly covered with caramel syrup.
- There to squeeze out the juice from the lemon, add the zest, grated on a fine grater. Apple mixture should be brought to a boil, then remove from heat and cool.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the dough, stirring slightly.
- Heat the frying pan, grease it with vegetable oil and bake thin pancakes, frying them on both sides. Grease the frying pan with oil before baking each pancake.
- Finished pancakes to put in a pan, covering with a lid.
- Apple toppings put on a pancake, which is wrapped in a roll, so repeat for everyone. Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar.
Buckwheat pancakes with mushroom baking
Pancakes with baking - this is in itself a full and satisfying dish, and as a filling, the most commonly used are the high-calorie ingredients: eggs, vegetable mixes, minced meat, mushrooms. Buckwheat pancakes with mushroom bake are a typical dish of classic Russian cuisine. You can cook them both with forest mushrooms( whites, honey agarics, boletus), and with mushrooms.
- Buckwheat flour - 125 grams.
- Wheat flour - 125 grams.
- Milk - 0,5 liters.
- Eggs - 2 pcs. Eggs Onion Mushrooms
- Butter - 50 grams.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.l.
- Salt - 0,5 tea.l.
- Mushrooms - 300 grams.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil.
- Both types of flour are sifted into deep dishes, make a deepening in the center, pour in the milk, quickly stirring with a mixer so that there are no lumps.
- Pour half a glass of hot water into the dough, stir, add eggs, sugar and salt. Mix with a mixer until smooth.
- Melt the butter, pour it into the dough, then carefully knead the last to a uniform elastic state, let it brew for about half an hour.
- At this time cut the mushrooms in pieces and fry in vegetable oil with the addition of onions and salt( about 10-15 minutes).
- Warm up the pancake pan, if necessary, lightly lubricate it with oil and spread on it a spoonful of mushroom mixture, top with a neat pouring test.
- Each pancake is fried from both sides to a golden color and stacked with a pile, promazyvaya each butter.
Buckwheat pancakes with cottage cheese
Pancakes with cottage cheese are loved by adults and children, still, it's a delicious dessert. And if you add fresh berries or fruit to the filling, you will just get delicious. Dough for such pancakes from buckwheat flour is best done with yogurt, then even without the addition of yeast they will turn out lush and soft.
- Buckwheat flour - 125 grams.
- Wheat flour - 125 grams.
- Eggs - 2 pcs. Kefir or curdled milk - 400 ml.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.l. Berries Kefir Curd
- Curd - 250 grams.
- Sour cream or fat cream - 4 table.l.
- Berries( strawberries or raspberries) - 200 grams.
- Sugar - 3 table.l.
- Vanillin - on the tip of the knife.
- Cinnamon - 0.5 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- In a deep bowl, pour kefir, add vegetable oil and sift the flour of both kinds. Mix everything thoroughly with a mixer until uniform and leave for 15 minutes.
- In the dough, break the eggs, add cinnamon and salt, mix everything again with a mixer at medium speed.
- Preheat a frying pan and bake pancakes on it, each time lubricating it with vegetable oil.
- Berries grind, but not in mashed potatoes.
- Cottage cheese to combine with sugar and vanillin, add sour cream and a mixer to beat a dense cream.
- Each pancake cream with cream, laying berries on top of it, then roll up the roll and cut into portions.
Ready dessert can be decorated with powdered sugar, pour with melted chocolate, lay on top a few leaves of fresh mint.
As they say, the devil is not so terrible as he is painted, so buckwheat pancakes are not so demanding at the cooking process as it seems. If you use the appropriate recipe, then your loved ones can enjoy this traditional old delicacy. Sweet or meat, lean or fatty - buckwheat pancakes will all be to taste, especially in Shrovetide. Related Videos:Buckwheat pancakes without yeast.