Healthy, thick hair is the main decoration of any girl. Unfortunately, because of frequent staining, curling and straightening, the hair becomes dull, lose its shine and elasticity. Is it possible to effectively strengthen hair at home? What are the most effective recipes and procedures? The answers and advice are in our article.
Causes of hair loss
Before starting treatment, it is very important to understand the causes of hair loss and eliminate them. The main factors that adversely affect the hair condition:
- environmental problems: exhaust fumes, pollution with industrial waste;
- stress and overwork;
- lack of vitamins and minerals;
- malnutrition and bad habits;
- frequent use of hair dryers, frying, ironing;
- use of aggressive shampoos and styling products. Incorrect nutrition Harmful habits Frequent use of a hair dryer and iron
First you need to analyze your diet. It should contain enough fresh vegetables and fruits, vegetable and animal proteins, healthy fats( sources - nuts, olive oil).From fatty foods and fast food should be discarded. The same applies to alcohol and smoking. Coffee is best replaced with green tea.
Revise the daily routine. If possible, walk more in the fresh air, avoid stressful situations and overwork. Sleep must be at least 7 hours a day.
Replace shampoo with non-sulfate, reduce the use of styling products. Staining, curling or leveling is better to postpone. Also it is necessary to dry hair naturally, without using a hair dryer and curling iron.
"Grandma's" recipes for hair loss
To strengthen hair at home, perfect "grandmother's" recipes perfectly. All the ingredients for their preparation can usually be found in the refrigerator.
- Mask based on sour milk. To make it, you need cow's milk, which is better to go to the market. Open the container with 150-200 ml of milk should be left in a warm place for a day. Serum is drained, and from the thick part we prepare the mask. To do this, add ground cinnamon and honey. Cinnamon will help strengthen blood circulation and smell a little bit of sour milk, and honey will saturate hair with useful minerals. Head should be wrapped with a towel or a handkerchief and leave it for an hour. Rinse better with warm running water without using shampoo and balm. To get rid of the pungent smell, you can add a couple of tablespoons of hard boiled coffee( for dark hair) or lemon juice( for light) to the water.
- The onion mask can be called extreme. The smell is very sharp, but thanks to onion juice, active circulation in the capillaries of the head is provided, which strengthens the hair follicles. In the bowl you should mix a tablespoon of onion juice, a spoonful of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. The resulting mixture must be applied first to the roots, and then spread over the entire length. The mask can bake, but it should be kept for at least 30 minutes.
- Mask with aloe. Aloe leaf grind in a meat grinder or blender. If the house does not have a bush of aloe in a pot, you can buy juice in the pharmacy. Mix the gruel with a few drops of olive oil and apply to strands along the entire length from the roots to the tips. Such a mask will not only strengthen the bulbs, but also moisturize the hair along the entire length, which will reduce their fragility.
- Bread mask. For this, only black, rye bread is suitable. It contains vitamins that are responsible for the strength of hair. A couple of slices of bread should be soaked in warm water or kefir. After this, carefully mash with a fork and apply the mixture to the hair. After an hour, wash the mask with warm water.
Bread Mask for Hair - Video
To wash off such masks for hair better without the use of shampoo. If the product has an unpleasant smell, it is better to apply it on the weekend, when you do not plan important meetings. An alternative to shampoo can serve as a raw egg yolk. Balsam can be replaced with a decoction of chamomile or water with a lemon.
Fresh fruit, rich in vitamins and minerals - banana, avocado, kiwi, is suitable for strengthening masks. As moisturizers, you can use natural yoghurt, cottage cheese, kefir. Perfectly activate blood circulation mask based on alcohol - cognac or pepper tincture.
Recipes for strengthening hair based on oils
Vegetable oils are a long-known means to strengthen the roots of hair and give beauty and strengthalong the entire length.
- A strengthening mask based on olive oil is perfect for dry and dull hair. In a slightly warmed olive oil, add a few drops of cedar and fir essential oil. Carefully apply the mask to the roots and distribute it to the very tips. Keep it from 30 minutes to 2 hours under a warm kerchief. Almond mask with vitamins. In the 2-3 tbsp.spoons of warmed almond oil, we add a few drops of vitamins A and E bought at the pharmacy. The mask provides hair strengthening and elasticity along the entire length. After application, the curls become smooth and shiny.
- Mask based on burdock oil is another excellent tool for strengthening hair. In the composition, you can add a few drops of orange or grapefruit oil. If the hair is prone to fat, the menthol oil will work fine. Another option is to add mashed peppermint leaves. The mask will help both to strengthen bulbs on the head, and to get rid of fat content.
Oil-based masks should not be used more than once a week. After two months of use, take a break for at least four weeks.
Hair loss remedies, an alternative to shop products
Mask for strengthening - not the only thing you can use. How can I strengthen the hair yet? Various broths, scrubs and sprays, cooked at home, will be an excellent alternative to expensive cosmetics:
- Mustard shampoo is a well-known folk remedy for washing your hair. Suitable is the most usual mustard powder, diluted with warm water to the consistency of sour cream. Mustard shampoo Shampoo from blue clay Sea salt for scrub preparation
- Shampoo from clay. To wash the hair, white or blue clay, which can be found in any pharmacy, is suitable. Mix a small amount of clay with water, so that the mass was similar in consistence to sour cream. Massaging movements are applied to the scalp, and then washed off with warm water.
- Salt scrub. It requires large iodized or sea salt. Slightly dissolve it in a small amount of warm water and rub it into the scalp. After a five-minute massage, wash off the salt with cool water.
- Herbal conditioner. Prepare such a substitute for balsam from dried herbs, which are sold in the pharmacy: nettle, chamomile, sage, linden. Two tablespoons of dry herbs pour 2 glasses of hot water and boil for five minutes. After let cool and filter. You can use this decoction with each head wash. Nettle Camomile Salvia Lipa
- Thermal protection spray. Drying is another cause of fainting, brittleness and hair loss. To prepare you need a decoction of chamomile and nettle, a few drops of almond and orange oil. Mix all ingredients in a bottle with a sprayer immediately before using the hair dryer or ironing.
- Coffee tonic. To add a beautiful, deep shade of dark hair, it is not necessary to use toning shampoos or paints. Instead, when washing hair, add a few spoons of custard to the shampoo. And in order to increase the flow of blood to the bulbs, it will take a little coffee grounds. Such an impromptu scrub-tonic will shade the strands in a beautiful chocolate shade and help to exfoliate the dead skin scales of the scalp.
- Chamomile rinse is perfect for blondes and blondes instead of lightening powders and paints. Half a liter of decoction of chamomile will require juice of half a lemon. Use the product after shampooing your head.
Such seemingly simple recipes for strengthening hair are excellent substitutes for bottles with branded labels. Moreover, often the effect from them is much higher.
In the struggle for beautiful, thick and healthy hair, you should always remember the complex approach. Using only a strengthening mask once a week, the proper effect is unlikely to be achieved. A healthy lifestyle, careful treatment of hair, gentle styling products - the basis of luxurious head of hair.