Proper operation of the gastrointestinal tract is very important for the normal functioning of other organs and systems, as well as well-being. One of the most common diseases, adversely affecting the functions of the gastrointestinal tract, is erosion of the stomach. This pathology is a superficial damage to the gastric mucosa, after healing, which does not leave a scar.
- Causes of
- Symptoms of
- Types of
- is dangerous. Treatment of erosion
- Folk remedies
Gastric erosion can cause many causes and attendant factors:
- Abuse of alcohol, hot and spicy food.
- Taking medications that irritatively affect the gastric mucosa.
- Regular exposure to nicotine, alkalis, acids, heavy metal salts.
- Incorrect power.
- Gastrointestinal surgery.
- Psychoemotional disorders.
- Injuries of the abdominal cavity, affecting the stomach.
- Diseases of organs of other systems( digestive, including liver, cardiovascular, endocrine, respiratory, blood, and gastric erosion may accompany tumors of the colon).
- The presence of the microorganism Helicobacter pylori in the intestinal flora.
In addition, erosion of the stomach can be a signal of an early stage of peptic ulcer.to table of contents ^
Hemorrhagic( bleeding) erosion, the symptoms of which are not always bright, can be expressed by such signs:
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Vomiting with an admixture of blood.
- A violation of the process of outflow of bile from the body( duodenogastric reflex).
- Decreased hemoglobin level.
In rare cases, erosion of the stomach proceeds secretly or with a blurred symptom on the background of painkillers and drugs that reduce acidity. After all, usually at the first signs of imbalance GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT, many try to eliminate as soon as possible discomfort. Such cases are very dangerous, as patients learn about the diagnosis, having got to the hospital with an acute condition, possibly even with bleeding.to contents ^
The following types of erosion of the stomach are distinguished:
- Primary - occurs as an independent disease due to the transferred stresses, alcohol abuse and medical drugs related to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Secondary - is a complication of such diseases as hepatic or renal insufficiency, tumors in the intestine, blood diseases.
- Malignant - develops against the background of existing oncological diseases, including Crohn's disease, lymphoma, etc.
In addition, depending on the form of the course of erosion are divided into:
- Acute, most often localized in the central parts of the stomach. Symptoms in this case are always very painful and vivid, their strength and intensity are several times higher than those observed with ulcerative disease. Treatment of acute erosion of the stomach in most cases lasts about 2 weeks.
- Chronic, localized in the antral organ. Chronic erosions of the stomach, the symptoms of which are not as painful as in acute ones, require prolonged treatment from 2 to 6 months, sometimes more.
There are several types of stomach erosion:
- Surface planar, characterized by a hyperemic rim around the body of erosion and a clean bottom, in rare cases with the presence of white coating on it.
- Hemorrhagic superficial or deep erosion of the stomach, surrounded by a pale edematous membrane and characterized by the presence of blood deposits on the surface.
- Hyperplastic inflammatory or complete erosion of the antrum is characterized by a polypous shape of the body, which is located on a high point of the stomach fold with a small edema.
Untimely treatment or failure to comply with all the prescriptions of the attending physician can lead to the development of secondary diseases and complications. These include liver damage, stomach ulcers, colon tumors, and the likelihood of bleeding, which is manifested by diarrhea or vomit with blood, leads to more blood loss.
Treatment of erosion
For the diagnosis to be carried out:
- Biopsy of the affected area of the mucosa to exclude the development of a malignant tumor.
- X-ray examination of the stomach and duodenum.
- Biochemical and general blood analysis.
- Study of the secretory function of the organ.
- Fecal analysis for latent blood content.
- With increased acidity, preparations that block the negative effect of hydrochloric acid on the gastric mucosa are shown: antacids with alkaline composition( Gastal, Fosfalugel, Maalox, Rennie, Almagel), H2-histamine receptor blockers,organ from the action of acid( ranitidine, famotidine), proton pump inhibitors that reduce acid production( omeprazole, rabeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole, esomeprazole).
- In case of patient complaints about nausea and heaviness in the stomach, medications are prescribed, which include domperidone( Motilium, Motorix, Naumilium).
- When Helicobacter pylori is detected, complex therapy is indicated, including drugs with antimicrobial action( Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin) and medications that reduce acid production.
- To protect the mucosa, gastroprotective agents are used: cytoprotective( Saitotec, De-nol, Misoprostop), cell regeneration stimulators( Etaden, Potassium oratate, Pentoxyl), enveloping( Gelusil, Simaldrat), film-forming( Bismuth titrate dicitrate, Sucralfate), stimulating mucus( Rootlicorice).
With bleeding hemorrhagic erosion with pronounced symptoms, treatment is aimed at stopping bleeding, and includes gastric lavage with cold water and intravenous blood infusion. Such measures require the mandatory introduction of aminocaproic acid, fibrinogen and Viaxol - this will help increase blood clotting and prevent large losses.
To reduce the risk of developing on-site erosion of polyps, electrocoagulation is used, which is performed in a hospital. In severe cases with permanent bleeding, the patient is assigned a cavitary or endoscopic operation, during which the affected part of the stomach is removed.
Without observing the diet of fast and effective treatment of erosion will not work, so you need to take very seriously to your diet.
One of the main rules of the diet is the most gentle diet. It is necessary to exclude products such as alcohol, spicy, salted, fried, smoked foods, as well as canned goods, coffee, carbonated drinks, natural juices and other products that can adversely affect the gastric mucosa and cause acidity.
You can diversify your menu with low-fat sour cream, low-fat cheese, butter and milk, as these products contribute to the rapid healing of the gastric mucosa.
You need to eat at least 4 times a day in small portions. Food is consumed only in a warm form. Strictly exclude hot and cold dishes. Cook everything you need to steam or boil.to the table of contents ^
- Wound herb swamp. It is necessary to brew 30 grams in 0.5 liters of boiling water, put in a warm place for 2 hours for infusion, then strain. The resulting infusion of drinking for half an hour before eating 80 ml.
- Soothing and anti-stress action has a blue cyanosis.2 tablespoons of roots mixed with 400 ml of water and simmer for half an hour on low heat. Strain and cool. Take 30 grams to 5 times a day 2 hours after meals.
- For the removal of inflammation suitable chamomile or immortelle.6 teaspoons of any herb brew in two glasses of boiling water and cool. Drink this broth 70 ml before meals 3 times a day.
- For 20 minutes before a meal, you can eat 25-35 grams of grapes or drink carrot juice in 1/4 cup.
- Positively affects the gastric mucosa propolis, it must be slowly dissolve for 1 hour every morning. It is recommended to prepare a tincture of propolis with erosion of the stomach: 15 grams of the product should be insisted for 2 weeks in 100 grams of alcohol. Take before meals 3 times a day, previously dissolving 50 droplets of tincture in 100 ml of fresh milk.
- A mixture of honey and butter has a calming effect. Take it you need half an hour before eating 15 grams, mixing before it products in a 1: 1 ratio.