The long-awaited bathing season is coming, so the girls do not give a rest to the question: which way of epilation at home is most effective? Each of us has got used, that procedure of removal of hair is accompanied by the extremely painful sensations which transform it into the present torture. Someone, gritting his teeth, continues to endure, and girls with a low pain threshold are looking for alternative ways to get rid of unwanted vegetation on the body.
In summer, as always, I want to emphasize the beauty of slender legs, wearing an elegant dress or flirtatious shorts, but the seductive image can easily spoil the ingrown dark hair or various irritations on the delicate skin. Is it really impossible to make an epilation on your own, after which the smoothness of the skin would last as long as possible? If you are faced with a difficult choice and do not know which method will best cope with such problems, today we will help you find the right option.
Hair removal and depilation - what's the difference?
When the main topic of the day is the removal of unwanted hair, articles on the Internet are full of words "hair removal" and "depilation."Many do not pay special attention to this variation and do not see any difference between these concepts.
However, we hurry to remind you that these procedures differ. Therefore, before choosing the most effective way to get rid of vegetation, you need to learn some subtleties of two completely different techniques.
This word refers to the procedure for hair removal, in which the hair follicle retains all its functions.
The method allows you to get only a temporary effect, which is often accompanied by the appearance of barbed bristles and ingrown hairs. Your attention is offered several ways of depilation at home:
- use of special cream depilatories;
- hair removal with wax;
- the implementation of enzymatic depilation, when the hair is exposed through special enzyme formulations;
- method using an electric typewriter. depilation machine depilation with special cream
depilation with wax depilation with sugar paste
Under epilation means removal of the hair shaft along with the bulb. This method allows you to once and for all get rid of vegetation in any part of the body, as the follicle undergoes a hardware effect, after which the bulb dies.
Currently, cosmetology offers the following methods of epilation:
- laser technique;
- photoepilation. laser hair removal electrodepilation photoepilation
This is done in the conditions of salons and clinics, such hair removal at home can be carried out only with the availability of appropriate equipment, for example, a special laser.
Shave or not shave?
Each of the girls probably tried more than once to make depilation at home, using various purchased means. Fortunately, now in stores you can find a wide range of all kinds of products that promise women beautiful and smooth skin. Particular attention should be paid to the most common and universal method of hair removal - using an ordinary razor.
Judging by the results of social studies, it is the shaving machine that holds the leading position among all other methods of depilation. Each second girl, in addition to using other means, resorts to the help of the blade, removing the hairs by a wet or dry method.
It is worth noting that this procedure is characterized by some indisputable advantages that make lovely ladies resort to traditional shaving at home.
- Firstly, getting rid of hair in this way occurs without pain, especially if you use nutritious creams and after shave lotion upon completion.
- Secondly, the procedure takes up a minimum of free time and does not require an impressive financial cost. Special replacement cassettes can be found in every store and purchased at a minimal cost. The use of a razor is actual during the swimming season, when there is not a lot of time to go to the beach and you want to bring your skin's skin smooth as soon as possible.
- In addition, the shaving method contributes to the effective removal of the horny layer of the skin, thereby renewing the surface of the epidermis.
However, shaving also has significant drawbacks, which make this method the most ineffective means of depilation at home.
Instantly removed hair grows with great speed, and after a couple of days you will notice a hateful prickly stubble.
It's important to know
If you do not want a bad result, then take note of some effective tips:
- You do not need to save on buying razor tapes. Cheap replaceable blades are not sharpened in the right way, so during the procedure they will only injure sensitive skin, and not rid it of unwanted vegetation. The wounds obtained in this way can turn into inflammation and give your body a very unaesthetic appearance. Do not forget about the timely replacement of the blade and consider the expiration date of all used shaving aids.
- After the procedure, apply to the skin special moisturizing lotions or creams that will restore the upper layer of the epidermis. In cosmetic shops you can buy a special powder after shaving, which effectively eliminates any flaking and redness on sensitive skin.
- You can get rid of irritation with the help of therapeutic ointments, which are based on iodine. However, if you notice inflammation, you should stop using a razor for a while and consult a qualified dermatologist.
Hair removal waxing is often used at home as an effective way to remove hair. The main "material" is a special mixture, which includes beeswax. The product is first heated, then applied to the skin and using a small strip to pull out the hairs with one sharp movement. It is important to know one trick: strip strip is necessary against hair growth, then you will get perfectly smooth skin.
After this procedure, you can not worry about bristles before 4 weeks. In addition, the hair, thanks to the removal along with the bulb, become each time thinner and lighter. Many call this method "epilation with honey."
It is necessary to closely monitor the temperature of the wax: a poorly heated composition will not be able to grab the hairs in the right way, and an overly hot mixture can cause severe burns.
Cream for the smoothness of your feet
If you want without pain and any discomfort to say goodbye to excessive hairiness in unnecessary places, then use a special depilation cream. The method is similar to the procedure for removing hair with a razor, but in this case, instead of a blade, use a conventional plastic applicator
In those places that need to be depilated, the cream is applied, after which the hair rods are destroyed and easily removed even with a conventional sponge. Destruction is due to chemicals that are part of depilatory funds. Such toxic components negatively affect the structure of the skin and even lighten the tan. Perhaps this is the main drawback of this method. Do not forget that after the procedure you can not sunbathe for 1-2 days.
They are electrical devices that pull hair together with hair follicles. Thanks to this the skin remains for a long time smooth and silky.
Hair removal with a depilator allows the girls to forget about the hated vegetation for more than 2 weeks. However, despite its effectiveness, epilation of the armpits and the bikini zone with this device has a big disadvantage: it is characterized by unbearable pain, which few people will be able to endure.
The instruments operate at two speeds: the higher is necessary for the fastest removal, and the smaller one allows to get rid of light thin hairs that can easily break off. Before depilation at home, it is necessary to pre-treat the skin with alcohol lotion to avoid possible inflammation after the procedure.
Depilation honey at home
In cosmetology, honey takes an honorable place, and it has long been used in salons as an excellent means for hair removal. If you do not want to spend extra money, so-called hair removal can be done at home.
At its core the procedure is no different from waxing hair removal. To prepare the product yourself, you will need the following ingredients:
- liquid honey - 1.5 cups;sugar honey lemon
- sugar - 1.5 cups;
- lemon - 1 pc.
Preparation and use:
- Prepare in advance a sufficient number of strips made of cotton fabric.
- In a bowl mix sugar with honey, after which they gradually pour in lemon juice. It is necessary to stir the mass at this moment rhythmically. The product is brought to the preparedness in a water bath.
- Once the sugar has completely melted, you can remove the mixture from the fire and wait for it to cool down to room temperature.
- Once the mass has cooled, it is applied using a traditional wooden stick to the areas of the skin that you need to get rid of hair.
- After the product is applied to the site, the skin is covered with a prepared strip and tear the tissue against the direction of hair growth.
Like any other method of depilation, this procedure has certain advantages and disadvantages, which must be taken into account in advance.
The pluses of natural ingredients and the ease of preparing a honey mixture are among the pluses. If you focus on the disadvantages, then it is worth noting the risk of an allergic reaction to honey, the soreness of the procedure and the appearance of swelling on the treated skin areas.
It is quite an ancient method of hair removal, but it has entered a new round of popularity just recently. Most often this technology is used to remove vegetation in the bikini area, but it can be successfully applied to the skin of the hands and feet.
To make the sugar depilation on your own, you should prepare a special compound:
- Heat the fire 3 tbsp.l.water, but do not bring the liquid to a boil.
- Then put in boiling water 4 tbsp.l.sugar and stir the brew until the ingredient is completely dissolved.
- At the final stage, add 1 tsp to the product.lemon juice.
- As soon as the composition acquires a characteristic yellowish shade, and you will feel a pleasant caramel smell, the mixture can be removed from the fire.
- Sugar caramel should cool down a little before the procedure.
While the paste cools, you should prepare the skin, treating it with exfoliating scrub and lotion. This precaution will save you from irritation and redness after the procedure.
- Cooled solution is applied to skin areas with a thin layer.
- On top put a special strip of cotton fabric.
- Once the agent has solidified, the strip is torn off by a sharp movement against the growth of the hair.
Preparation of sugar paste and ways of applying it - video
Before performing any hair removal technique yourself, consult a competent beautician. An experienced specialist will help you to give preference to the technique that will save you from unpleasant and painful sensations and will not harm your skin.