Bakery Alexandrinsky Easter cake is a delicious Easter pastry that remains fresh for a long time. Already no one will answer when and by whom this recipe was invented and why it, in fact, bears such an unusual name. Only one thing is known: the recipe of the Alexandrian test for Easter cakes is old and tried many times by whole generations of mistresses.
It has its own nuances and features, in particular, several times the time for the opar to come up. In any case, the time spent is more than offset by ideal baking. In addition, preparing Easter cakes with this recipe is quite simple. With this simple task even novices in cooking will cope.
Traditional Alexandrian cake
Of course, before the owners did not have a heaped up technique, so the Alexandrian dough was prepared in the simplest way and baked in oven. Now many kitchens have multivars and bread makers, but the traditional recipe for this dish is still the most popular and popular.
With this recipe you can add a bright and fragrant taste to the bright Easter holiday. To prepare a dish, you need to prepare the following ingredients.
- Sugar - 500 g.
- Chicken eggs - 5 pcs.
- Yolks - 2 pcs.
- Yeast( fresh) - 75 g.
- Butter - 250 g.
- Stuffed milk - 500 ml. melted milk butter cream yeast
yolks eggs sugar
- Vanilla sugar - 15 g.
- Flour - 1,5 kg.
- Salt - 0,5 tsp.
- Candied fruit - 100 g.
- Raisins - 100 g.
- Cognac( optional) - 2 tbsp.spoons.
From such a number of ingredients you will get a lot of cakes, so you can safely divide the number of products by two or even three, if you do not plan to do baking in large quantities.
So, in the evening you need to perform the following actions:
- Eggs( plus additional yolks) whisk with sugar( without much effort, you need to whip quite a bit).
- Allow the oil to melt to room temperature and then cut into small pieces.
- The melted milk should be slightly heated and dissolved in it all the yeast.
- Mix the sugar and egg mixture with soft butter and diluted yeast, mix all the ingredients thoroughly and remove the bowl with the opaque in a warm place.
So, the opara should be insisted for at least 8 hours( ideally - more, up to 12 hours), so you need to start cooking from the evening.
In the morning it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Candied fruits should be soaked in brandy for 1 hour, raisins should be poured with boiling water, let it swell and then dry. With the addition of a small amount of cognac, the dough becomes even more fragrant, but if you do not want to use it, you can safely exclude this ingredient by steaming candied fruit, as well as raisins, boiling water.
- Then, all the other ingredients - flour, salt, raisins, candied fruits, vanillin, should be added to the uplifted spit.
- The dough will turn out to be very soft, but you do not need to add extra flour. Mix the dough with plenty of greased sunflower oil.
- Next, you need to prepare the forms. Pay attention to the following important difference !It is necessary to lubricate only the bottom of the molds, and do not touch the sides. If you spread the sides of the molds, the cakes will not rise properly.
- Before baking the dough should be allowed to stand in the form of about an hour and a half. During this time, the oven should be heated to 180 degrees.
- Ready cakes can be decorated with protein fondant or any other way.
How many Oleksandria's cakes are cooked? It is impossible to answer this question exactly, because someone is used to making cakes very small, and someone bakes huge ones - for the whole family. The size, as well as the individual characteristics of your oven, depends on the baking time. Check the readiness of the skewers or the beams.
Alexandrian Easter cake in the multi-bowl
Many housewives have not imagined their life for a long time without the main kitchen assistant - multivark. The recipe for the multivark is simple enough, however it has its own little features. In particular, the proportions of ingredients differ:
- Extra grade flour - 600 g.
- Whipped milk - 1 glass.
- Butter - 250 g.
- Fresh( live) yeast - 35 g.
- Sugar - 250 g.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Yolk - 1 pc.
- Vanillin - 1 tbsp.a spoon.
- Salt( small) - a small pinch.
- Raisins, candied fruits or any dried fruits - 100 grams in total.
The Opara for the Alexandria cake in the multivarquet is also prepared from the evening or early in the morning, so that there is plenty of time for maturation. Note that this type of test allows the preparation of the spoon without the addition of flour.
- Eggs and yolks beat whiskers, then add sugar to them and mix everything with a spoon. The remaining protein is postponed - from it you can prepare the traditional protein fondant for the top of the cake.
- Cream butter give a little time to melt, then cut it into small pieces and very gently interfere with the sugar-egg mass.
- Milk should be taken without fail baked. Firstly, it will give your cakes a beautiful shade, and secondly, a very pleasant and delicate taste. Preheat the milk to about 40 degrees. Warm milk is poured into our mixture.
- The last ingredient in the spit is yeast. Put them into the mixture very carefully.
Prepared gum needs to be covered with a clean kitchen towel and leave in the heat for 8-12 hours.
After the allotted time, we return to the preparation:
- First, add vanillin and salt, then sifted flour, and then - prepared raisins( or other dried fruits, candied fruits).
- Pre-flavored dried fruits, then dried and crumbled in flour. This is necessary so that during baking in the multivark they do not settle to the bottom.
- When all the ingredients are assembled, proceed to knead the dough. This process is long, so do not save time. On how well you knead the dough, the quality of the cakes will depend. During the batch, hands periodically have to be dipped in sunflower oil. As a result, you should get a viscous and soft dough.
- The mixed dough should stand still for about 1 hour. After that, it needs to be lightly mashed and put in a greased cup of multivark.
- Multivark need to close and turn on the heating mode for 2-3 minutes( no longer needed).After this time, allow the test to stand in the bowl for another 45 minutes. Do not open the lid!
- Next, choose the baking mode and oven cakes for 45 minutes at a temperature of 150 degrees. Then the temperature should be lowered to 120 degrees and continue to bake the product for another 20 minutes.
- You have to get the ready cake with the bowl and let it cool down in it, and then take it out.
Alexandrian cake in the bakery
Breadmakers are now found in kitchens somewhat less often than multivarkers, but these devices are no less convenient in the preparation of Easter baking. In particular, you can make Alexandrian cake in the bread maker. For cooking, we need the following set of ingredients:
- Milk ghee - 0,5 liters.
- Sugar - 0,5 kg.
- Eggs of chicken - 5 pcs + separately 2 egg yolks.
- Fresh yeast - 75 g( can be replaced with 23 g dry yeast).fresh yeast premium flour
chicken eggs granulated sugar
- Raisins - 100 g.
- Flour - 1,25 kg.
- Vanilla Sugar - 1 sachet.
- Salt - 0,5 tsp.
This is the basic set of ingredients, but you can also show your imagination and add any spices you desire. So the cakes will become more original and fragrant. In addition, you do not need to use raisins. You can take for filling dried apricots, prunes, dates or other dried fruits, as well as candied fruits or even grated chocolate.
- You need to cook by this recipe manually. To do this, mix sugar with eggs, chopped butter( not cold) and yeast diluted in warm milk.
- Leave the sparrow for a long time - for 8-12 hours, that is for the night. No wonder the second name of the Alexandria cake is "night".
- The first thing to do in the morning is to prepare the filling( raisins or other goodies).To do this, dried fruits should be soaked in boiling water and let them get soaked well, and then dried. If you want to add a specific feature to your baking, soak the dried fruits not in water, but in alcohol. Best in this case, a good cognac. However, it is important not to overdo it. Just a couple of tablespoons of strong drink. raisins steamed in boiling water dried fruits soaked with cognac
- The prepared spoon should be placed in the bread maker, add to it all other ingredients( flour, salt, vanillin, raisins) and turn on the "pelmeni" mode. In this mode, the dough will be kneaded properly.
- A well-kneaded dough should be suitable for about an hour. Wait until it doubles. After that, the dough is ready for baking. It should be put in a mold( 1/3) and wait until the dough rises almost to the top.
- Set the temperature to 180 degrees and bake the Alexandrian cake until done.
No matter how you cook Alexandria cakes - in the oven, in the multivariate or in the bread maker, do not forget to add to them the most important ingredient - your love. It is very important to cook Easter baked goods in a good mood and with the right mood. Only so it will turn out really magnificent and tasty.