Each housewife answers in her own way the question of how to make pancakes. The fact is that the recipes of this traditional Russian dish, known in our country from time immemorial, there is a lot. You may have to go through a series of trials and errors to find your "own" recipe. But as soon as you pick up an option that you really like, you can enjoy delicious pancakes with sweet and salty stuffing your family not only at Shrovetide, but also on any other day of the year.
Secrets of cooking
Whatever recipe you choose, whether it is based on milk, water or kefir, there are basic tips that will help you make pancakes delicious, tender and delicate.
- The whole "salt" of cooking is in the proportions: one glass of flour for two glasses of liquid. Of course, it is not necessary to follow the proportions exactly. In addition, it is important to know how to properly dilute pancakes. First you need to mix one glass of flour and liquid, then add the rest of the ingredients and finally pour in a second glass of liquid. Glass of flour Egg
- Another important proportion that you can not forget about: the ratio of eggs and flour. On average, you need to use one egg for a glass of flour. However, if you plan to wrap stuffing in pancakes, the number of eggs can be increased so that your works do not break.
- Put sugar in the dough, even if you're going to make salted pancakes. This will give the baking the right taste. In sweet pancakes usually put 1-2 tablespoons of sugar on a glass of flour. You do not need to put more, otherwise the products will start to break.
- Salt, as well as sugar, must always be put( in the minimum amount).Salt Sugar
- You do not need to put yeast and baking soda. If you want to make the finest pancakes, these ingredients do not suit you.
- But if you still decide to use yeast, give preference to the dry ones. So your pastries will stay fresh longer.
- If you plan to make pancakes with a filling, use the following trick. Fry them only on one side, put on this side stuffing, wrap and fry on the other side.
How to get rid of lumps?
If you decide to cook pancakes, then the most unpleasant problem you can face is lumps. Sometimes getting rid of them is very difficult and they spoil the whole taste. There are several ways to remove this trouble:
- The first way: first mix the flour with eggs, salt, sugar and a couple of drops of milk( or water) and only after the mixture is homogeneous, pour the rest of the liquid and, if necessary, vegetable oil.
- The second way: mix half the liquid with flour, and then add the rest of the liquid and other ingredients( eggs, sugar and so on).
- The third way is the easiest. It involves the use of a mixer during kneading. This miniature kitchen appliance will not give lumps any chance, so if you plan to often bake delicious pancakes, be sure to get this kitchen device.
Rules for frying
Sometimes the dough turns out to be perfect, but pancakes can not be served to the table anyway, as they deteriorate during frying. Indeed, fry thin and light pancakes is not so easy.
First of all, prepare all the necessary equipment: a frying pan with a handle( its size depends on whether you are going to cook large pancakes or small ones), a flat scoop, scoop and culinary brush. Of course, without a brush, you can do just by pouring oil on a frying pan, but in this case your pancakes will turn out to be very greasy, soaked in oil. In addition, such baking will be extremely difficult for the stomach.
- So, in order to cook pancakes, the frying pan needs to be heated up as much as possible. Then it should be applied with the help of a brush with any fat( it is best to use ordinary vegetable oil for frying).
- After that, scoop up the required amount of dough, tilt the frying pan and start pouring the dough into the center, gently scrolling the surface of the frying pan. The less amount of dough you can "smear" on the entire surface, the thinner your product will be.
- On average, the first side of the pancake is fried for 1-2 minutes. To understand that it is ready, evaluate its appearance: from below it should be toasty, and from the top dry, not shiny.
- The whole difficulty of baking is to turn the pancake to the other side. To learn how to do it accurately and without breaks, you need to practice a little. Usually for turning, flat metal or wooden spatulas or wide blunt knives are used. Of course, it is most convenient to turn over the pancakes, throwing them up. However, before you master this useful skill, not one pancake will be on your floor.
- The second side of the product is fried very quickly, literally half a minute. Frying pan with a ready pancake simply enough to turn over a plate, and he himself will jump into it.
If during the frying your pancakes are severely torn, do not panic, just add a couple of spoons of flour to the dough and mix it well. This will fix the situation. In any case, the proverb says that "the first pancake is always a lump."Every mistress knows that in this case the proverb is absolutely right.
How to prepare pancakes - video
Traditional recipe for
milk In fact, pancakes can be cooked on the basis of any liquid, but it is traditionally customary to make pancakes on milk. So their taste turns out to be very rich and gentle. You can use absolutely any milk - both fat-free shop as well as fatty home.
The following proportions are approximate. Firstly, you can cook any number of pancakes, starting from the tips described in the "Secrets of cooking" section, and secondly, always orient yourself "by the eye" when preparing this dish. So, what you need to prepare pancakes on milk:
- A half liter of any milk.
- A glass of flour( 250 g each).
- 2 large eggs. Olive oil Eggs Milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil( sunflower, olive or any other).
- A small pinch of salt.
When all ingredients are ready, you can proceed directly to the cooking process:
- Milk and eggs warm to room temperature( get them out of the refrigerator in advance).
- Thoroughly rub the eggs with salt and sugar.
- Gently pour milk into the egg mixture and mix it.
- Gradually add flour to the dough. Be sure to sift the flour through a sieve. Beat the dough with a mixer or whisk. Its final consistency should be like that of liquid sour cream.
- Before cooking, add vegetable oil to the dough.
A simple recipe on water
Pancakes on water are no less popular than pancakes on milk. Firstly, they can be cooked, even if you do not have any milk at home. Secondly, they are suitable for people with intolerance to dairy products. Thirdly, this recipe is more preferable from the point of view of dietology, because it is less caloric. So, you will need:
- Half a liter of water.
- 320 grams of flour.
- 2 eggs.
- A small pinch of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
Let's get ready. The technology is very similar to the preparation of pancakes on milk:
- First of all, stir the eggs with salt and sugar until smooth.
- Next, pour in water, stirring constantly the dough.
- In conclusion, you need to add sifted flour in small portions. After each serving, the dough should be beaten with a mixer or whisk.
- At the very end, you need to pour in the vegetable oil. It is this dough on the water that turns out to be very beautiful and delicate( with small holes).
Meat and fish filling
There are many varieties of fillings for pancakes made from meat and fish, as they are the most nutritious and nutritious. This dish may well act as the main on the festive table. Surely, all guests will appreciate it. Let's consider the options of traditional meat filling, simple from sausage and tender salmon.
To prepare a filling from meat you will need:
- 350 grams of any boiled meat( pork, beef, chicken will do).It is better that the meat is lean.
- 2 medium sized bulbs( ground and roasted).Cooked chicken Onion
- A little salt and spice to your taste.
- Oil for frying.
The meat should be ground, mixed with fried onions, spices and salt and put on a greased skillet. Fry the filling about 10 minutes.
With cheese and sausage
Now consider the sausage stuffing, because the ingredients for it are in almost every refrigerator.
- 300 grams of doctor's sausage or ham.
- 100 grams of any hard cheese.
- Several table spoons of sour cream.
- 0.5 teaspoon of mustard.
Sausage should be scrolled in a meat grinder, and grind the cheese on a grater. Next, both ingredients should be mixed and seasoned with sour cream and mustard.
It remains to consider the latest version of the filling based on salmon. He's really refined, gentle and delicate.
- 300 grams of salmon( smoked).
- 300 grams of tender cream cheese mascarpone.
- 2 teaspoons of mustard( a special piquancy will add Dijon).
- A little lemon juice.
- Salt and spices to taste.
This filling is best laid out in layers. First the pancake should be smeared with cream cheese and mustard, then spread the slices of finely chopped salmon, then sprinkle all the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Of course, you can come up with a lot of options for filling out vegetables, but let's look at two simple: beetroot filling and cabbage. Such pancakes( cooked on the water), will be an excellent addition to your lean menu.
For beet filling you will need:
- 2 baked beets in foil. Baked beet Garlic Walnuts
- Half a glass of chopped walnuts.
- 200 of any cream cheese.
- A pair of garlic cloves.
- Salt and spices to taste.
Beet should be rubbed and squeezed juice. Next to it you need to add chopped garlic with nuts, spices. It is best to first spread the cheese on pancakes, then fill and fold it all with rolls. In a cut, these roulettes look very bright and beautiful.
For the preparation of cabbage pancakes:
- 300 grams of white cabbage.
- 2 small bulbs.
- 3 eggs.
- Salt and spices.
Onion and cabbage should be grinded and fried separately, and the eggs - hard boiled and chopped. Next, all you need to mix, salt and pepper.
Finally, pancakes with sweet fillings. They are adored by children and adults. Let's get acquainted with two very tasty options.
Option No. 1 - chocolate filling
- Chocolate bar.
- 50 grams of butter.
- A couple tablespoons of water.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- Any fruit( fresh or canned).
Chocolate should be melt in a water bath, then gently add water and melted butter. Then sugar powder should be added to the mixture. On pancakes you need to lay out finely chopped fruit and pour it all over with chocolate syrup.
Option number 2 - banana filling
- 3 large and ripe banana.
- 70 grams of butter.
- 1 lemon. Lemons Bananas
- A couple tablespoons of sugar.
Bananas need to be kneaded with a fork or crush, so that a tender banana puree is obtained. Further such puree should be poured with juice of one lemon. In a separate bowl, mix butter with sugar with a mixer. Then both masses should be mixed and whipped again until complete homogeneity. After that, the filling can be spread over sweet pancakes and wrapped in any way that you like.
As you can see, pancakes are an ideal pastry, which can become both an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert. They are perfect for taste with and without filling, sweet and salty, on milk and on water. Be sure to pamper your family with delicious pancakes on the weekends.