In ancient culinary and medical recipes, there is often such an ingredient as ghee. It becomes interesting, is there really such a difference between simple and this, legendary, oil. And it is: taste, aroma, properties when frying, the duration of storage - everything is different. And this delicacy can be made at home without outlandish appliances and rare ingredients.
- What you need
- Step-by-step instruction
- On the
- plate In the
- oven In the
- multi-store In
storage What you need
For those who want to try such a tasty and useful product, like melted butter, the recipe for cooking at home is very simple. To do this, you need only a cream or home-made oil and a set of dishes. The most important thing is that kitchen utensils are not aluminum and do not emit any extraneous odors. This will ruin the specific nutty flavor of the final product. But for storage best fit glass jars of any convenient capacity. The best signs of the quality of the finished melted butter are its granular structure and the lack of ductility in the cold state. It should have a pleasant smell and a beautiful golden amber color.
Step-by-step instruction ofto the table of contents ^
plate To make melted butter from the creamy recipe, which was practiced in Russia and in Europe, you need directly the oil and pure water. By experience, we can say that from 1 kilogram of ordinary oil comes about 800 grams of melted. Next, you just need to follow a simple algorithm:
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom, dice the butter and add a glass of hot water.
- On slow fire, dissolve the oil to a liquid state and clean it in the cold to cool.
- In the frozen oil layer, make a knife at the edge of the hole and drain the liquid formed from below.
- The procedure with grinding the oil, heating it with water and subsequent cooling, is repeated several times until the drained liquid becomes transparent.
- The last time the melted butter is melted without adding water and poured into a storage bowl, to the bottom of which several crystals of large salt are pre-deposited.
- After setting, the dishes with oil are closed tightly with a lid and cleaned in a refrigerator or cellar.
In the oven
In India, ghee was called liquid gold, and it served as a sign of prosperity in the house along with precious metal. In the ayurvedic recipes, butter, cooked in this way, is called chulahi. Knowing how to get ghee at home, you can diversify the recipe by adding precious Indian spices to taste the variations of taste and enhance the therapeutic effect of the product.
To cook ghee ghee, you will need dishes that are at least 1.5 times larger than the volume of the original product.
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C.
- Put a saucepan of butter in it, without covering it with a lid.
- Do not change the heating mode, without stirring, leave the oil in the oven until a crust of caramel color appears on its surface. For a kilogram of the original product, this will be about an hour, for 5 kilograms - 7 hours.
- Remove the container from the dishes and remove the formed dark layer from its surface.
- Through a sieve covered with gauze in several layers, drain the liquid golden fraction into the storage bowl without pouring a whitish sediment.
- Close the lid, store the ghee oil in a cool place.
In the multivariate
Progress in helping housewives in the kitchen creates smart assistants. Therefore, the recipe for how to make ghee with the help of multivarkers is now very relevant.
- In the "Hot" mode, melt 1 kilogram of butter.
- Remove the formed foam from the surface.
- Transfer the multivariate to a mode with a temperature of 110 ° C and continue cooking without closing the lid, periodically removing the foam formations from the oil surface.
- If during cooking the oil begins to boil or cham, then it is urgent to lower the temperature to 100 ° C.
- After 2.5-3 hours, ghee will turn golden amber, which indicates its readiness.
- Strain through gauze, folded in several layers, in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid and put away for storage in a cool room.
The recipe for making melted butter allows you to get a unique product with a long shelf life, because during cooking, the residues of buttermilk and protein are removed, and the yield is pure milk fat. When the sterility conditions are satisfied during cooking, it can be stored for about a year without losing its properties and quality.
Knowing that ghee improves the taste of any food and does not lie for a long time in the refrigerator, you can not take any additional tricks to extend its "life".However, to know how to store ghee at home should be, if there is no possibility to provide a temperature regime or it is prepared for future use. Ghee is poured immediately after hardening with a solution of salt and water, which contributes to its conservation and the cessation of access to air and pathogenic bacteria. If you plan to use a freezer, then no additional conditions are required.