Eleutherococcus is a curative plant belonging to the Araliev family. The plant has a lot of useful properties and is used to treat various diseases for several centuries. However, despite its healing properties, Eleutherococcus has contraindications to the use.
- composition and therapeutic properties
- How to take
- In cosmetology
- Side effects
- during pregnancy
- In sports
In medicine, used mainly roots of Eleutherococcus, billet which beginin the fall. It is at this time of year that the roots are poured as much as possible by active and useful substances. Digging raw materials should be done carefully, leaving a little root system in the soil.
Then the roots should be cleaned of dirt, shoots and nodules with a brush and cold water, cut into small layers and dried in a stove or dryer. Ready raw materials should be packed in bales, stored in a ventilated and dry place for 2 years.
Composition and healing properties
All the parts of the plant possess medicinal properties, but the highest concentration of medicinal substances is concentrated in the roots. They contain glucose, starch, tannin and pectin substances, fatty and essential oils, beta-carotene, vitamins and minerals.
Eleutherococcus increases endurance, working capacity, providing tonic and adaptogenic action, eliminates fatigue, stimulates the work of the central nervous system, accelerates the thought processes, slightly raises blood pressure.
It is proved that plant preparations have antitumoral effect, prevent the increase of malignant formations and the spread of metastases, promote the expansion of vessels, including coronary and cerebral vessels, increase visual acuity due to the nutrition of the eyeball tissues, reduce blood sugar.to table of contents ^
Eleutherococcus can relieve many diseases. Powder from it is used as a food supplement for oncology, diseases of the stomach and kidneys, impairment of general metabolism and liver diseases.
Other indications include:
- Mental disorders.
- Cold, SARS with normal body temperature.
- Increased fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome, decreased performance.
- Problems of the cardiovascular system.
- Vegetosovascular neuroses.
- Reduced immunity.
- In men - to increase potency.
It is also often recommended to women who have problems with gynecology( with infertility, pathological menopause, menstrual irregularities).
How to take
Pharmaceutical release forms of eleutherococcus( tinctures, alcoholliquid extracts, tablets, syrups, capsules, dragees) should be taken according to instructions or as prescribed by a doctor. In folk medicine from the roots and leaves of the plant prepare decoctions, tea leaves, tinctures, extracts, etc.
- Welding for colds of : 1 teaspoon of the ground roots of the plant, pour 200 ml of boiling water and insist for 10 minutes. Eat therapeutic tea on an empty stomach or 5 minutes before eating.
- Tincture for the treatment of diabetes : 200 grams of crushed dry roots of Eleutherococcus pour 1 liter of vodka or alcohol, leave for 14 days in a cool place, sometimes shaking. At the end of this period, strain and consume 20-50 drops( depending on the age and condition of the patient) three times a day for 30 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is not more than 25 days.
- Broth for bronchitis as an expectorant: pour 1 liter of boiling water with 50 grams of crushed roots and boil for 15 minutes. Allow the medium to cool and drain. Eat 100 milliliters three times a day.
- Ointment from warts, psoriasis, wounds and eczema : to pass through the meat grinder the roots of Eleutherococcus and garlic, taken in equal proportions. Add 100 milliliters of melted lard to the mixture and mix thoroughly. The resulting mass to stand on a steam bath for 30 minutes, and then allow to cool. The finished product is stored in the refrigerator. Use the ointment in the form of applications on the problem site. For convenience, the product can be applied to the gauze cut and fixed from above with adhesive plaster. The procedure should be performed 2 times a day until the condition improves.
For weight loss
If you choose the right dosage and refuse "harmful" products, then eleutherococcus will help you lose excess pounds.
Alcohol tincture for weight loss : 200 grams of dry raw material pour 1 liter of vodka and put in a dark dry place for 3 weeks. The mixture should be shaken periodically. After the expiry of the period, infusion should be filtered and taken before meals 2 times a day for not more than 30 drops at a time.to table of contents ^
In addition to medical indications, the plant can be used for cosmetic purposes. Decoction from it is able to strengthen hair, prevent hair loss and seborrhea, and the cream, prepared on the basis of the pharmaceutical tincture of Eleutherococcus, positively affects the skin of the face, making it tight and fresh.
- To prepare cream you need to mix 1 tablespoon of fatty sour cream with 1 lemon juice, 2 yolks and 3 tablespoons of cucumber juice. After that, in the same amount separately mix pharmacy tincture and rhodiola rosea. Next, combine the 2 mixtures and put in the refrigerator until thick. The finished cream should be applied to clean skin in the morning and in the evening. Store for 6 months.
- When seborrhea is recommended 3 times a day to drink 40 drops of a pharmacy extract for 1.5 months. To strengthen the hair, 10 drops of 10% alcohol extract of Eleutherococcus should be added to a single dose of balsam, applied to the scalp and left for 15 minutes, then washed off with warm water.
Contraindications to use
- High blood pressure.
- Postponed myocardial infarction, after a stroke.
- Cerebrovascular pathology.
- Individual intolerance.
- Period of exacerbation of infectious diseases.
- High body temperature, fever.
Also, do not forget that the treatment of eleutherococcus in combination with other medications should be done under the supervision of the attending physician.to table of contents ^
Side effects of
During the course of treatment with eleutherococcus preparations, side effects may develop. For example, people with increased excitability for improper treatment with Eleutherococcus( reception after lunch) may fall into a state of depression, poor sleep.
Sometimes it can be observed:
- Increased irritability.
- Menstrual cycle failure.
Women are advised to refrain from using Eleutherococcus during menstruation.
In case of excess dosages, the following can occur:
- Feeling of anxiety.
- Excessive activity and other manifestations of CNS excitation.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to cancel taking the drug.to the table of contents ^
The use of eleutherococcus preparations in pregnant and lactating mothers is strongly contraindicated.to the table of contents ^
Due to the peculiarities of the child's organism, eleutherococcus can be taken only by children who have reached the age of 12 years.to the table of contents ^
Eleutherococcus in bodybuilding takes a leading place among other drugs that improve health and athletic performance. The plant has a stimulating effect:
- Reduces fatigue, drowsiness.
- Increases athletic and mental performance.
- Accelerates the recovery ability of a person.
- Reduces the negative impact of stressful situations.
Eleutherococcus has drugs similar in mechanism of action and related to a single pharmacological group. These include:
- Tincture of aralia.
- Bioran S.
- Golden root.
- Balsam Vigor.