Amino acids were first isolated from protein in 1810.Modern science knows 20 amino acids that are involved in the synthesis of important proteins in the human body. One of them, arginine, was discovered in 1895.At the moment, the properties of arginine are thoroughly studied, it has been learned to synthesize on an industrial scale and is actively used in medicine, sports nutrition and cosmetology.
- General description
- Where is
- Useful properties
- For women
- For men
- For children
- Preparations with arginine
Arginine( L-arginine) is a conditionally-replaceable amino acid.
In its pure form it looks like a powder of small crystals without color. Quickly dissolves in water.
It actively participates in the biochemical processes of the body and is very important for humans - it helps to produce collagen and is a source of nitrous oxide, enhances the production of insulin, activates the production of growth hormone.
Synthesis of arginine in the body is absent in infants, gradually increases to adolescence and decreases in old age( endogenous amino acid).
An adult healthy person needs 6.1 grams of arginine per day. If the arginine is insufficiently produced by the human body, it must be replenished by eating nuts, seeds, meat, fish, seafood, some cereals.
|product||content arginine milligrams / 100 grams|
|product Pumpkin seeds||5353|
Arginine is unique. Without it, the human body can not function properly. It has the following properties:
- Improves the performance of the brain;
- Positive effect on the nervous system( regulates the activation of nerve endings);
- Improves liver function and helps eliminate toxins from the body;
- Is one of the components of collagen;
- Normalizes the functioning of the immune system;
- Takes part in sperm production;
- Helps reduce intraocular pressure;
- Reduces cholesterol and helps prevent atherosclerosis;
- An effective antioxidant, reduces the risk of developing cancer;
- Thanks to the presence of collagen stimulates cell renewal, helps restore ligaments and cartilage after injuries and surgeries.
Nitric oxide produced from arginine improves blood circulation, normalizes the work of the cardiovascular system( relieves spasm of blood vessels).for table of contents ^
Arginine is an indispensable assistant in maintaining beauty and harmony:
- Supports skin health due to increased blood supply to the body.
- Strengthens hair bulbs( reduces hair loss, makes hair more dense and shiny).
- Accelerates metabolism, removes toxins, promotes weight loss.
- Increases libido.
Arginine can prolong youth's youth:
- Stimulates the production of testosterone;
- Restores a potency, strengthens an erection;
- Improves prostate function.
- Positively affects the quality of sperm produced( used to treat male infertility).
Arginine enters the body of a child with mother's milk( L-arginine content in colostrum - 96%).This triggers the release of growth hormone. Until the age of 14-16 the child's organism produces an insufficient amount of arginine, so children need to consume foods rich in this amino acid.
Drugs with arginine
Arginine is taken as a biologically active additive. In the pharmacy you can buy the following drugs:
- Glutargin .Applied for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy, cirrhosis, alcohol poisoning, the effects of poisoning with poisons.
Contraindicated in persons under 18 years of age, pregnant and lactating, in patients with impaired renal function, with increased excitability.
- Vazoton. It is indicated for use in diseases of the cardiovascular system, with insufficient growth rate, cholelithiasis, cholecystitis, hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, including the treatment of alcoholism, male infertility, weakening of sexual activity and potency, developed after long-term use of drugs, and type II diabetes mellitus. Recommended for large physical exertion( for intensively trained athletes over 30 years old).
Contraindications: schizophrenia, herpes, pregnancy and lactation, individual intolerance of the drug components.
- Alkoklin .Prevention of alcohol intoxication and hepatotoxicity. Treatment of acute alcohol intoxication of mild and moderate severity, as well as in the complex therapy of post-toxication disorders after acute severe alcohol poisoning.
Contraindications: age to 18 years, pregnancy and lactation, phenylketonuria, impaired renal function.
- L-arginine from Solgar .Applied with weakening of immunity, serious physical exertion, alcohol and narcotic withdrawal syndrome.
Contraindications: age under 18 years, viral herpes, schizophrenia, oncological diseases.
The most popular drugs that can be bought in sports nutrition stores:
- Arginine AAKG manufacturer Maxler ;
- L-Arginine from NOW ;
- Arginine Power from Ultimate Nutrition.
This amino acid is actively used in the production of protective, nutritional and anti-aging cosmetics:
- Matrix Biolage Scalpsync Soothing Serum for scalp;
- Garnier Express lotion for removing make-up from eyes 2 in 1;
- NL International Balm-care for lips;
- GI BEAUTY Revitalizing face cream and many others.
Laboratory studies have shown that the use of arginine as a food additive better and faster affects the improvement of skin and hair than using cosmetics with arginine.
Arginine is a very active substance and is contraindicated in the following cases:
- with individual intolerance;
- for schizophrenia;
- with herpes;
- in case of impaired functioning of the liver and kidneys;
- with active infections, as it can enhance inflammatory processes in the body;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- in the period of active growth in children, as his uncontrolled reception can lead to gigantism. In general, it is dangerous for children to take arginine without a doctor's recommendation.