Washing dishes and cleaning in the house are not terrible to owners of a persistent and effective manicure called "shellac".In recent years, this gel-lacquer has become very popular among women. It is applied using special technology, which allows to keep it for three weeks. To remove the coating, you need to contact the salon. However, many girls and women know how to remove shellac from nails at home, without the help of an experienced master
. What is needed to remove gel varnish?
Sometimes inexperienced girls try to remove the coating with a conventional nail file. But it should be remembered that this method can not be used, because in this case nail plates can be injured. There is a simpler and safer way. Before the removal procedure, you should prepare everything you need, namely:
- Grinding blade.
- Multiple wadded disks.
- Food foil.
- Cuticle oil. A few toothpicks or an orange stick.
- Remover( means for material softening).set for removing gel-varnish Cuticle oil
It's worth noting that instead of a remover you can use a more budgetary and simple means, for example, a liquid for removing varnish. But in this case, it must contain acetone, otherwise it will not be possible to get rid of shellac, the coating will only lose its luster and attractive appearance.
Removal procedure for
Before you begin removing shellac from your nails, you should wash your hands well with soap, as it is very important that there is no grease and dirt on the skin and nails. Then the nails must be disinfected with alcohol, for example, ants. In addition, before the procedure, you will still need to remove glossy gloss with a liquid containing acetone.
- varnish. First prepare cotton wool discs. To do this, they need to be stratified in half and cut with scissors into two parts. It should be ten half-discs.
- Next, you need a foil. From it, you need to cut ten identical square pieces of 7x7 cm.
- Now, take five woolen discs and wet them thoroughly in a remover.
- Apply impregnated half discs to the nails in turn, and fix them with foil on top. It is necessary not only for fixation, but also for preventing evaporation of the agent and accelerating the reaction. When applying foil, make sure that the discs do not move from the nails.
- In order for shellac to soften, it will take about 7 minutes. After this time, you can start to remove the softened coating.
- To do this, you need to alternately remove foil and discs from each finger, scraping while shellac with a wooden stick. Strongly press on the nail is not recommended. If you find that the coating does not go away, then you can return the foil with the disk in place and wait a while longer.
- When all the nails are cleaned, they should be processed using a special polishing or buffing file. Thus, you remove the remnants of the coating and make the surface of the nails more even and matte.
- To strengthen the nails, it is recommended to make such a restorative procedure: pour in a small container of warm water and add a few drops of iodine. Instead of a bath, you can simply apply iodine on your nails, but in this case they will acquire an ugly brown color that will spoil the appearance of your hands for quite a long time.
- The last step is the treatment of nails with cuticle oil. make a bath with iodine apply cuticle oil
If you remove shellac on your hands, first wrap only the fingers of one hand with foil, so that the other is free, otherwise it will be inconvenient for you to carry out the removal procedure. When the nails on the first hand are cleaned, you can start processing the second one.
Use of acetone instead of a remover
If the procedure for removing gel-varnish needs to be done quickly at home, but there was no remover at hand, then you can take acetone or liquid to remove varnish of high concentration.
Removal technology is the same as with the remover. After using acetone, it is recommended to perform a procedure that will help restore the nails and prevent their drying. For this, a special repair mask is made.
How to make a regenerating mask?
First, before applying the mask, it is desirable to prepare a bath. To do this, in warmed to room temperature water, poured into a small container, you need to dissolve a few drops of iodine, squeeze the juice out of the lemon and keep the fingers in the solution for about 15 minutes.
After the nails must be carefully dried and put on them a mixture of sea salt and iodine. This mask should be left on the nails for the whole night, and in the morning it is good to wash your hands. A mixture of salt with iodine helps to strengthen the nails, gives them elasticity and strength. In addition, this mask is able to pull out of the nail plates all the harmful substances contained in acetone.
Removing gel-lacquer without acetone
If you did not find acetone or just do not want to use it, then you can take isopropyl alcohol instead. This tool is often used in household chores, so it is sold in many stores. Isopropyl alcohol is an aggressive substance that has a sharp odor and is capable of causing allergic reactions and irritations.
The process of removal of shellac using alcohol is the same as in the previous methods:
- Wadded disks impregnated with alcohol, placed on nails and fixed with foil. It is advisable to avoid getting alcohol on the skin.
- You can remove discs with alcohol from fingers after 10-15 minutes.
- The remains of the coating should be removed with an orange stick, polish the nail with a grinding nail file, and then apply
oil to the cuticle. It should be noted that it is desirable to remove the gel varnish at home only in exceptional cases when for any reason it is not possible to go to the salon. The fact that the nail plates after such home procedures are damaged, and your nails for some time will be scratched. In the salon, the procedure for removal is performed by experienced specialists who know how to remove gel-lacquer without causing harm to the hands.
Removing shellac without foil
In most cases, foil is used to remove the coating. But if you need to remove shellac urgently and at the same time do not have foil at hand, then you can use one of the following methods.
You can take food film instead of foil. It also prevents the ingress of air to the medium in contact with the nail, and therefore the reaction rate will be approximately the same as when using foil.
To remove the coating, wadded disks should be impregnated in a remover, acetone or alcohol, applied to the nails and fixed with pre-prepared slices of film.
- In a small container, you should pour a little remedy to remove the gel-varnish.
- Then it is necessary to take the oil for processing the cuticle or the cream is sufficiently thick consistency and apply to the side rollers. You will need a strip of plaster, which should be wrapped with greased cream or oil nails. Lubricate the side rollers with cuticle oil or
- cream. Immerse the fingers in the container with the shellac remover for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Now you can remove the patch together with the softened coating. Remove the remains carefully with an orange stick. If you do not have an orange stick, instead of it you can use a toothpick with a tip cut off and squeezed by forceps, or a manicure pusher. It should be borne in mind that when using a metal gunpowder, an unwanted reaction of the metal with the liquid may occur to remove the gel-varnish. Therefore, the pusher must be made of high-quality plastic. remove with orange stick or plastic gun
- When shellac is completely removed, it is recommended to perform procedures that restore the health of the skin and nails - a bath, mask, oil.
As you can see, the process of removing shellac at home is very simple, and it does not require special time and money. Everything you need can be found at home.
As in the cabin such procedure is quite expensive, those who want to save have an excellent opportunity to use one of the proposed methods.
Since the procedure for applying gel-varnish is considered absolutely safe, then after removing the old coating, you can immediately make a new one. Shellac does not contain formaldehyde, therefore it is safe even for pregnant and lactating women.
How to remove gel-lacquer at home, video