With the advent of freezers, the procurement of products for the winter has become even easier and faster. For many housewives, frozen vegetables become a favorite variant of semi-finished products. We all know that frozen vegetables and fruits retain their useful and vitamin properties. In order to ensure that the products do not lose their taste and vitamins, you need to know the minimum number of general rules for their freezing.
- General rules for freezing
- Vegetable mixtures
General rules for freezing
First you need to study the possibilities of your freezer and the minimum temperature requirements for food storage:
- at t -6C can store 1-2 weeks;
- at t-12C can be stored for 4-6 weeks;
- with t -18C can be stored for up to 4 months.
To freeze this or that product it is necessary to follow a certain order of actions:
- to sort, wash, drain and drain, remove peel, bones or core from some products;
- is frozen in small batches of 250-300 grams;
- is the most convenient option for freezing - it is freezing in containers, containers are most convenient to take rectangular. If there are not enough containers, the frozen vegetables can be stored in dense plastic bags. To do this, put the package in a dry container, fill it, seal it tightly, close it, and after freezing remove the contents from the container along with the package( this option will save space in the freezer).
VegetablesAll vegetables without exception can be frozen at home.
Freezing rules for the most popular vegetables:
- Squash, squash .Cut into cubes or tinder on a grater, lay out on packages, remove air, tie. They can not be cleaned. It is better to freeze zucchini circles by spreading them on a tray. Before this, the tray must be covered with food film.
- Pumpkin .Purify, cut into cubes, spread out on packages, remove air, tie.
- Cucumbers .Cut into cubes or small slices, lay out on bags, remove air, tie.
- Cauliflower .Divide into inflorescences, spread out into bags, tied. Before freezing cauliflower can be problanshirovat 5 minutes, and then cool.
- Brussels sprouts .Cabbage is divided into inflorescences, laid out on packages, tied.
- Bulgarian pepper .At the pepper remove the stem and seeds, cut into pieces, put them into packages, remove air, tie. You can freeze whole pepper with pedicels and without.
- Tomatoes .You can freeze whole, cut into slices or circles. To do this, they are laid out neatly in one layer on the plate, pre-laying the package. Tomato juice can be frozen in ice molds.
- Carrots .Rubbing on a large grater, lay out on bags, remove air, tie. Diced carrots can be proslanshirovat.
- Table beet .Rubbing on a large grater, lay out on bags, remove air, tie.
- Eggplant .Purified eggplants can be frozen in circles or cubes. Diced eggplants, put into bags, remove air, tie. The circles are laid on a flat plate, covered with a cellophane bag and only after the freezing is laid out on packages and knotted. Asparagus beans .Peeled beans are cut into small pieces, laid out on packages, air is removed, knotted.
- Green peas .Before freezing, green peas should be problanshirovat a couple of minutes and hold for 2-3 minutes in cold water. Allow to drain water, dry with a paper towel. Fold in a bag or container.
- Corn .Whole cobs and corn kernels of milk ripeness can be frozen. Cobs cook for 20-30 minutes. After cooling, put in a bag. The grains can freeze raw corn or blanch 6-7 minutes in the cob, and then gently cut off the cooled seeds.
The most popular frost frost options for the winter:
- Apples .Cut into cubes, slices, circles. Small apples can be frozen whole, after removing the core. To the apples do not darken, they need to stand for 20 minutes in water with citric acid. For puree apples are cleaned, cut into slices, boiled and crushed in a blender, cooled, poured into a container and sealed.
- Pears .Pears are frozen in the same way as apples. Pears and apples can be frozen, sprinkled with sugar. For freezing in sugar syrup( 250 grams of sugar per 1 liter of water), the fruits are peeled, cooked for about 5 minutes, piled in a container, poured with syrup, cooled and hermetically sealed.
- Plums .You can frost it whole, slices, with a stone and without, sprinkle with sugar or pour in syrup. It is best to freeze the plums in slices in a cellophane bag or on a tray. For freezing in syrup, you need to prepare a forty percent syrup( for 1 liter of water - 670-700 grams of sugar).Pour plums without pits, cool, seal hermetically.
- Apricots .It is better to freeze without pits, dividing into halves or cutting into slices as well as plums. For puree fruits are ground in a blender, add sugar, mix, pour into containers. of Alycha. It is easiest to freeze the whole with a bone, but to freeze with sugar, it is better to remove the bone. Alycha is piled in a container in layers, poured with sugar, covered.
- Quince .For freezing, the fruits are cleaned, the core is removed, cut into slices or cubes, folded into a bag, air is removed, and the bottle is closed.
- Peach .You can freeze whole, halves, slices, cubes, with sugar and in syrup. Whole peaches are individually wrapped in white paper and folded into bags. From the heavily pubescent fruit peel is removed.
Also see the list of products containing a large number of complex carbohydrates http://woman-l.ru/slozhnye-uglevody-spisok-produktov/loading. ..
How to freeze greens:
- Dill, parsley, coriander. To freeze it is necessary small twigs or in the crushed kind. You can freeze greens with ice cubes in water, broth, and butter. To freeze cubes, it is better to chop it up finely.
- Green onions. Green onions are always cut before freezing. Fold in a bag, remove air, tie.
- Basil, rucola, mint. Leaves are cut off, they are frozen whole or not finely ground.
- Spinach, sorrel. Cut into pieces about one centimeter wide. Be sure to remove air, seal the bag tightly.
The rules for freezing the most common berries:
- Strawberries. You can freeze the whole: spread on a prepared baking sheet, covered with a film, pour into a container frozen. For mashed potatoes, the berries are ground in a blender, add sugar, poured into a container and sealed. Whole strawberries in containers are covered with sugar or poured with syrup.
- Raspberries, blackberries, currants, blueberries, gooseberries. Whole and sugar-free berries are frozen loose on a plate. Plate must be covered with food film. Frozen berries are poured into packets. Sugar pour the berries better layer by layer.
- Cherries, cherries. Cherries and cherries are frozen equally. Whole cherries are laid out in one layer on a plate covered with cellophane, frozen, poured into a container. The cherries are pitted in a container, poured with sugar or poured with syrup.
- Grapes. It is frozen by clusters, by separate berries or in the form of juice. It is better to use late varieties for freezing. The prepared juice is poured into plastic bottles, closed and frozen. Grapes and berries for freezing are laid out on plates covered with cellophane. After a couple of hours, put them into bags.
- Viburnum, cranberry. It is worth taking whole and not frozen naturally by berries. Pour sugar in layers in a container or freeze in loose form.
MushroomsBefore freezing, the mushrooms are carefully sorted, without soaking the rinse, several times changing the water, dried. Some mushrooms must be cooked before freezing, and sometimes completely cooked.
Rules for freezing popular in the cooking of mushrooms:
- Champignons, ceps, boletus, birch bark. Can be frozen raw, cooked and fried until ready. Raw, small whole, or chopped mushrooms, put on a tray and put in the freezer. After 30-35 minutes, transfer to the package. Roasted and cooked - in a container. These mushrooms can be frozen in broth.
- Chanterelles. Before freezing, chanterelles are soaked in salted water. It can be frozen raw and toasted, boiled and together with broth.
- Ruffles, freckles, tulips, mushrooms. Freeze only after heat treatment: boil, stew, fry.
- Mores and stitches. Frost only boiled.
- Honey comb. Can be frozen with boiled or fried.
There are, in addition to the usual freezing, vegetable mixtures that you can prepare yourself. For the aesthetic appearance of the mixtures, the products must be cut into the same pieces. Cut vegetables can be blanched. The amount of each ingredient, often in the mixture is the same.
Variants of popular vegetable mixes:
- Lecho. Ingredients: pepper, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, carrots.
- Mexican mixture. Ingredients: corn, green peas, asparagus beans, sweet peppers, carrots, rice( steamed).
- Ratatouille. Ingredients: sweet pepper of different colors, eggplant, zucchini, onion, parsley, garlic. You can add at will zucchini, pumpkin, basil, potatoes.
- Paprikas. Ingredients: Bulgarian pepper, onion, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans.
- Rustic stew. Ingredients: potatoes, broccoli, peppers, corn, carrots, onions, asparagus beans.
- Stew with mushrooms. Ingredients: mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, carrots, onions.
- Autumn mixture Ingredients: carrots, onions, tomatoes, aubergines, zucchini.
- Mixture for borsch. Ingredients: onions, carrots, beets, tomatoes.
- Mixture for shurpa. Ingredients: sweet pepper, eggplant, carrot, onion, whole garlic cloves.
- Mixture for fish soup. Ingredients: tomatoes, Bulgarian pepper, onions, parsley, carrots.