Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints, which can be both an independent disease and a manifestation of other diseases. Its treatment depends on the causes that caused the pathological processes, and represents a whole complex of activities, an important role in which is assigned to the people's means.
- Causes of
- Types and Symptoms
- Conservative treatment
- Folk remedies
- Prescription for internal use
- Means for external use
- In children
- Hereditary predisposition.
- Autoimmune disorders in which the tissues of the joints are affected.
- Weakened immunity, the inability to resist infections.
- Injuries, joint damage, regular heavy stress on the same joints or the body as a whole.
- Complications after the transferred diseases - usually it is a flu or ARVI( acute respiratory viral infection).
- Metabolic disorders.
- Diseases of the nervous system, emotional upheavals, stress.
- Blood supply problems.
- Dysfunction of the endocrine glands.
- Incorrect nutrition, lack of vitamins and trace elements.
- Smoking, alcohol abuse.
- Adverse environmental conditions.
Types and Symptoms of
There are many varieties of the disease that differ in cause and symptomatology. The main ones are:
- Infectious( septic) .Develops against the background of the spread of infection from a wound or blood in a primary disease. It is manifested by fever, pain in the muscular region around the joint, edema, painful movement. Most often affects knee, shoulder, hip joints, lower back. This group includes viral, gonococcal, gonorrheal, dysentery, tuberculosis, chlamydial arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis( arthrosis) .It is degenerative and usually affects only one joint - the hip, knee, thumb on the leg, less often - the ankle and upper joints of the fingers. Adhering to older people, as well as individuals with excess weight, weakened muscles and curvature of the spine, can be triggered by trauma. The disease slowly corrodes the cartilage, the bones begin to rub against each other, grow at the expense of outgrowths( osteophytes) and curl, causing pain.
- Gouty .It occurs because of a metabolic disorder, with a high content of salts in the body, the accumulation of uric acid. The disease affects people from 40 years, mostly men who lead a sedentary lifestyle, suffering from obesity, hypertension. Usually affected hands, feet, the development of the disease begins with one joint. There is a sharp pain( often - at night), the skin color changes at the site of inflammation, then the symptoms can drastically disappear even without treatment.
- Psoriatic .It develops due to skin or nail disease. It manifests as aching pains of calcaneal bones, asymmetric inflammation, changes in the color of the skin in the place of lesions in red-blue, spots of psoriasis. Usually affects the fingers and toes. The periods of exacerbations are replaced by remissions. Ignoring the problem can lead not only to deformation of the joint, but also to its loss.
- Reactive .Appears against complications after diseases of the genitourinary system and the gastrointestinal tract. Usually affects the toes and hands, shoulders, knees, hip joints. The main symptoms are: weakness, slight increase in temperature, asymmetrical inflammation of the joints with moderate pain, inflammation of the urinary tract, redness of the eyes, impaired vision.
- Rheumatic .It occurs due to the transferred infectious diseases - angina, sinusitis, influenza. It affects the hip, ankle, elbow and knee joints, sometimes - maxillofacial or small joints of hands and feet. In addition to sharp pain, swelling, redness around the lesion, it manifests as sweating, shortness of breath, chest pain and heart.
- Rheumatoid .It is a chronic disease of connective tissue with lesions( usually multiple and symmetrical) of peripheral joints - fingers and feet, wrist, ankle, elbows, knees. Characterized by a feeling of stiffness in the morning, soreness, swelling. Presumably, the causes of the disease are of an autoimmune nature. Can lead to deformation and bone erosion.
- Inspection .Supposes visiting a traumatologist, rheumatologist, infectious disease specialist, phthisiatrist, dermatologist. The appearance, sensitivity and mobility of the joints is determined, a conversation with the patient is conducted to collect the anamnesis.
- Laboratory research .Allow to put a specific diagnosis. Include a general and biochemical blood test, the study of immunological indicators( rheumatic tests).
- Tool methods .X-rays, ultrasound diagnostics, CT or MRI( computer or magnetic resonance imaging), biopsies of tissues and joint fluid can be used.
Conservative treatment of
Early therapy of arthritis has the maximum effect and helps prevent joint curvature, is an integrated technique and consists of the following activities:
- Course of antibiotics, antiviral or antimycotics. The action of drugs is aimed at eliminating the causative agent of infectious arthritis.
- The use of chondroprotectors - drugs that help restore cartilaginous tissue.
- Application of external products - ointments, gels, creams. If the joints of the hands or feet are affected, you can wear items made from canine wool( belts, socks).
- Physiotherapy - ultraviolet irradiation, electro- and phonophoresis, magnetotherapy, mud therapy, warming, massage courses and therapeutic physical training.
- Surgical intervention. If it is impossible to restore the broken joint, it can be replaced with a prosthesis.
Folk remediesloading. ..
Treatment at home can be combined with conservative therapy. To avoid addiction, methods should be alternated every 2-3 months.to table of contents ^
Recipes for internal use
- Mix in equal parts bark bark, birch leaves, juniper fruits, calendula flowers, horsetail grass. Pour 3 tablespoons of collection 1 liter of boiling water, infuse for 12 hours. Take 0,5 glasses 4-5 times a day. Duration of treatment - 2 months.
- Take parsley root, willow bark, nettle leaves, elderberry flowers.2 tablespoons of the ground mixture pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, boil in a water bath for 5 minutes, cool and strain. Drink for several approaches within 1 day.
- Mix herbs: root aira - 10 grams, herb balm, pine buds, eucalyptus leaves - 20 grams, herb of oregano, nightshade black, thyme ordinary - 30 grams, three-color violet grass - 40 grams, hawthorn fruit, St. John's wort - according to50 grams. Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a thermos, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and insist for 6 hours. Drink during the day, with acute arthritis dose to double.
- Mix in 2 parts of the grass of the mulberry and juniper, leaves of mint and nettle, flax seed, 3 parts of cranberry leaves, wild rosemary shoots, sweet clover grass and tri-colored violet, 4 parts of the grass of the string. Grind raw materials, pour 3 tablespoons 1 liter of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 10 hours. Take 0.5 cup 3-4 times a day for 3 months.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of fresh grass herb fragrant 0,5 liters of boiling water. Wrap and insist 1 hour, then strain. Take 1/3 cup cold or warm infusion 3-4 times a day.
- Root gentian yellow or cross-crushed, pour 1 teaspoon of raw material 1 cup of boiling water, boil 10 minutes over low heat, allow to cool and drain. Take 1/3 cup 3-4 times daily before meals.
- To make an infusion of 1 tablespoon of lice( average starter) per 1 cup of boiling water. Wrap up and leave for 4 hours, strain. Take 1/4 cup 4 times daily before meals.
- 2 tablespoons of horse chestnut flowers infuse 2 weeks in 0.5 liters of alcohol or vodka. Take 1-2 tablespoons 1-2 times a day or use for grinding.
- Pour 50 grams of birch buds 0.5 liters of vodka, put in a cool dark place for 2 weeks, shaking daily. Strain, add 1 tablespoon of honey. Take a tincture of 1 teaspoonful 3 times a day before eating, diluting with a small amount of water.
- 100 grams of propolis pour 0.5 liters of vodka, add 0.5 cups of birch juice, insist 3 days. Drink ¼ cup of tincture 2-3 times a day before meals. The course of treatment is 10 days.
Read also about why the sciatic nerve is pinching and how to treat it http://woman-l.ru/simptomy-i-lechenie-zashhemleniya-sedalishhnogo-nerva/to table of contents ^
- Blue, white or pink cosmetic clay to dissolve in warm water until a dough, lay on cotton cloth in a layer of 3-4 centimeters and apply to the affected joint within 2 hours. Rinse off with warm water. Do compresses 1 time per day.
- Warm up the affected area with a warmer for 3 minutes. Pour a small amount of a solution of bischofite( natural mineral) in a saucer with a temperature of 30-40 degrees, and rub it into a sore spot with massage movements for 5 minutes. From the same composition, you can make a warming compress, leaving it for the night. Remove the residue with warm water. In case of skin irritation treatment should be stopped.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey, mustard and vegetable oil. Mix the ingredients and bring to a boil. With this mixture, make a compress in the area of the affected joint. Cover with polyethylene and warm a scarf. Hold 1,5-2 hours.
- Shredded St. John's wort flowers, hop cones and sweet clover flowers in equal parts, mixed with butter. Apply ointment on the tissue and keep the lesion at 1.5-2 hours.
- Wraps. For the procedure come the leaves of mother-and-stepmother, burdock or cabbage. Plants should be filled with boiling water, wrapped around the affected area and fixed for 1 hour.
- In a water bath, melt the paraffin, pour it into a pouch of oilcloth or dense tissue. In the bag, lower the diseased joint, previously lubricating it with baby cream or vegetable oil. Tie up the bag and wrap it in a scarf. Compress should not burn the skin. Carry out the procedure for 30 minutes every other day.
- Squeeze 3 cloves of garlic into a glass with vegetable oil, infuse the mixture for 5 days in a dark place in a glass bowl. Strain and rub into the affected area. It helps to relieve pain with arthritis.
- 2 tablespoons of any needles pour 1 cup of boiling water, cook for 30 minutes in a water bath, cool and strain. Make a compress by moistening the cloth in the broth, put polyethylene on top and warm the scarf. Keep for 40-60 minutes.
- Mix 200 grams unsalted butter and 100 grams of birch buds, put in clay or glass ware, tightly cover with a lid and put in a warm place for 24 hours( when using dry buds, insist should be 48 hours).The resulting mass is passed through a thick sieve, add a pinch of powdered camphor and mix. Before going to bed rub the sore spots. Keep refrigerated.
- Dissolve 50 grams of dry camphor in 20 milliliters of vodka, add 50 grams of mustard powder and 2 raw chicken proteins. Gently rub into the diseased joint, after a few minutes remove the residual ointment with a damp cloth. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Sea sand dried and heated in the sun or in the oven, cover them with a painful patch and hold for 30-40 minutes, then take a warm shower and go to bed for 2 hours. It is important not to allow cooling. Sand can be used repeatedly.
- Dissolve 2 kg of sea salt in a small amount of water and add to a bath filled with warm water( temperature up to 40 degrees).Lying in water for no more than 15 minutes. To enhance the effect, you can add 2 tablespoons of vinegar or 1 cup of oatmeal. For local baths, the concentration of salt should be doubled.
- Prepare an infusion of herb spores at a rate of 300 grams of raw materials per 5 liters of boiling water, insist 2 hours, strain and add to a filled bath. Water procedures should be done every other day for 20-30 minutes.
To support sick joints will help proper nutrition. Preference is given to products in boiled and baked form.
The diet should include:
- berries, fruits, vegetables, root vegetables - they contain vitamins, antioxidants and coarse fibers;
- dairy and sour-milk products;
- fish( mackerel, salmon, salmon) - a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- low-fat meat, poultry( chicken, turkey, veal, rabbit);
- products are made from gelatin, cold - they contain mucopolysaccharides, which are the main structural components of cartilage.
The following products should also be excluded or minimized:
For successful treatment it is very important to control your weight and get rid of extra pounds - with excessive strain on the joints, the effectiveness of the therapy is reduced.to contents ^
- fatty meats and fish, offal;
- plants of the Solanaceae family( potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines, sweet peppers);
- fatty and sharp products, pickles, spices, smoked products;
- products containing artificial colors, flavors, preservatives;
- baking and sweets;
- strong tea, coffee, alcohol.
The risk of arthritis in children is significantly lower than in adults, but pathology is difficult to diagnose. To consult a doctor is necessary in the following cases:
- Redness and swelling in the area of the inflamed joint.
- Weakness, increased fatigue, capriciousness, decreased appetite( in infants - body weight deficit).
- Pain in the affected area, limitation of mobility in the joint - manifested by crying, abandonment of active games, change in gait.
- Increased body temperature.
- In some cases - enlarged lymph nodes, reddening and enlarged tonsils, itchy skin rashes.
A timely treatment helps the child to return to a full-fledged lifestyle, ignoring the problem can lead to disability.to contents ^
The risk group for joint diseases includes people who:
- Have a history of injury( especially athletes).
- Do not adhere to the rules of rational nutrition.
- Often ill with infectious diseases( in particular, dental and respiratory organs).
- Have relatives with joint diseases.
- Have autoimmune diseases that increase the likelihood of damage to joint tissues.
- Work with increased strain on the joints( in one pose, at low temperatures).
To prevent the onset of arthritis, the following recommendations should be followed:
- If you are at risk, see a doctor and take regular examinations.
- Make the right and healthy way of life.
- Monitor body weight.
- Correctly to alternate a mode of work and rest.
- Be physically active, perform exercises in dosed mode.
- Monitor your health, avoid or cure any diseases as soon as possible.