Common aspen( whisper-tree, poplar trembling) - a tree of the family of Ivovs with a columned trunk, reaching a height of 2 to 35 meters, and trembling from the slightest breeze leaves. Young shoots, leaves and buds of plants are widely used in folk medicine, but the main medicinal properties are aspen bark. Before using aspen medications, you should read the contraindications.
The bark of young plants is light green, with age it acquires a brownish shade and is covered with cracks. Aspen is often called a male tree for its ability to eliminate diseases of the genitourinary sphere in men. However, it is no less effective in treating women and children.
Collection of bark is carried out by the hosiery method from the trunks of young trees with a diameter of no more than 7-8 centimeters, as well as from branches. The right time for harvesting is the period of sap movement( from the second half of April to the end of May).Dry the raw material under a canopy or in well-ventilated areas without access to sunlight. Then the material must be broken into small pieces about 1 centimeter in size and stored in a tightly clogged jar in a dark, dry place. The curative effect of the bark will last for 3 years.
Composition and useful properties of
Aspen bark contains many components, among them:
- glycosides - salicin( natural aspirin), as well as populist, salicorotine, tremulacin;
- tanning agents;
- organic acids;
- essential oils;
- vitamins - ascorbic acid, carotene;
- microelements - iron, iodine, cobalt, copper, molybdenum, nickel, zinc.
Due to the high content of biologically active substances, the aspen bark has a number of useful properties:
- removes inflammation;
- reduces pain syndrome;
- lowers body temperature;
- stops bleeding;
- reduces spasms;
- has antirheumatic activity;
- resists the action of pathogenic microorganisms( viruses, bacteria, protozoa, parasites);
- strengthens the immune system;
- accelerates the excretion of poisons and toxins from the body;
- promotes sputum discharge;
- is a flow, urine and cholagogue;
- improves skin and hair condition.
You can apply aspen bark with the following diseases:
- bleeding( including, internal organs);
- painful menstruation;
- skin lesions - wounds, burns, eczema, psoriasis, lichen, acne, boils;
- headache or toothache;
- catarrhal diseases, bronchitis, pneumonia, pulmonary tuberculosis;
- joint disease - rheumatism, arthritis;
- prostate adenoma;
- of a bladder disease( urinary retention, urinary incontinence, cystitis, urethritis);
- kidney damage;
- diseases of the digestive system( dyspepsia, diarrhea, dysentery, gastritis, colitis, pancreatitis, cholelithiasis, loss of appetite);
- helminthiases( including opisthorchiasis);
- diabetes mellitus.
How to take
The following tools are prepared on the basis of aspen bark:
- Powder .Raw materials should be crushed in a coffee grinder and eat 1/3 of a teaspoon a day, breaking into several receptacles and washing down with water. The drug is effective in treating prostatitis, and can also be used externally as a powder on the affected skin.
- Ointment .It is prepared with the help of powder, which is added to the fat basis( pork fat, cream, cosmetic clay) in a proportion of 1: 5.It is used for acne, allergic rashes.
- Decoction of .1 tablespoon aspen bark pour 1 glass of water, boil for 10 minutes, cool and strain. Drink the broth for the day, breaking into 3 doses. When diabetes is recommended to drink on an empty stomach for 1 reception. Also, the decoction can be used to rinse the oral cavity with stomatitis or toothache, do applications in joint diseases. To excrete helminths, more concentrated decoctions are prepared-50 grams of bark per 0.5 liters of water, 2 tablespoons of beverage are drunk 4 times a day.
- Infusion of .Has an even greater benefit compared with the decoction.2 tablespoons bark or aspen powder pour 0.5 liters of hot water and leave for 10 hours( you can put in a thermos all night).Then strain and drink 0.5 glasses to 4 times a day.
- Alcohol tincture .It is prepared from the calculation of 1 cup of bark per 1 liter of vodka. Keep the product in a dark place for at least 1 week, shaking daily several times, then drain and take 25-30 drops before meals 3 times a day. Tincture improves appetite, promotes healing of digestive organs, ingestion and external lotions are effective in joint diseases.
- Kvass .It is an indispensable tool in the treatment of diabetes. Three-liter glass jar fill half the volume with bark of aspen, add 1 glass of sugar and 1 teaspoon of sour cream, then top up with warm boiled water. Leave in a warm place for 2 weeks. Drink 2-3 glasses of kvass a day, immediately adding to the jar as much water as the drink is drunk, and adding 1 teaspoon of sugar. The course is designed for 2-3 months, with no need to change the bark.
Taking aspen preparations is not advisable under the following conditions:
- period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance.
There is no reliable data on the effect of aspen bark on the fetus, thereforeshould refrain from its use during pregnancy and lactation. Possible external use of the product in case of skin lesions, however, in this case it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Aspen preparation is not recommended for children under 4 years.