Goat medicinal( drug galaga) is a perennial herb of legumes up to 1.5 meters in height. Has a powerful root system, numerous branchy stems with odd-numbered leaves and blue or grayish-violet flowers, collected in brushes and resembling externally bells. Fruits in the form of beans with a lot of greenish-yellow seeds. The plant prefers raw places: the outskirts of water bodies, beams, lowlands, shade of bushes.
In folk medicine, the overground part of the goat is more often used. Grass - stems, leaves and flowers - cut during flowering( in June-August) and dried under a canopy. The seeds are harvested after their full ripening( in September), then spread out to dry in the sun. Sometimes the roots are harvested - they are excavated in the early spring or late autumn, washed, cut into pieces, leaving to dry in the shade.
Composition and healing properties
The plant has a rich nutrient composition, including:
- alkaloids( gallelin);
- tanning agents;
- Leaves and flowers also contain:
- organic acids( coffee, coumaric, synapic).
- fatty oils;
- unsaturated fatty acids( linoleic, linolenic, palmitic, stearic);
- of sugar.
Triterpenoids are identified in the roots.
Thanks to this composition, the gazleg has many useful properties:
- Has antibacterial effect.
- Disinfects, removes inflammation.
- Reduces blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Improves metabolism - normalizes the water-salt balance of the body and carbohydrate-fat metabolism in tissues.
- Has a diaphoretic, diuretic action.
- Cleans the body of toxins.
- Helps get rid of helminths.
- Stimulates smooth bowel musculature.
- Accelerates wound healing, promotes skin regeneration.
- Stimulates the production of breast milk.
- Reduces sweating.
- When administered intravenously, it narrows the peripheral vessels and causes an increase in blood pressure.
The use of goatskin not only in medicinal properties, it is also an excellent forage crop( hence the name) and an excellent medonosome. The plant stably distinguishes nectar, and is both a pylcenosis and a nectarone. It has high honey production - from 1 hectare of grass, about 100-120 kilograms of honey are harvested per year.
Early enough( from mid-May), blooms provide full nutrition for bees and brood, accelerates the appearance of young individuals in the spring-summer period.
- Infusion of .It serves as an effective means for reducing blood sugar in diabetes, removes worms, is used to rinse throat with tonsillitis. For 1 teaspoon of dry herb or 0.5 teaspoon of plant seeds take 1 cup of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 6-10 hours, then filter. Drink 1 tablespoon 3-5 times a day.
- Decoction of .It is a diaphoretic for fever, diuretic - for swelling, kidney and bladder diseases. When skin lesions are applied externally in the form of applications. To make a decoction, 1 tablespoon of dry herbs should be poured in 0.5 liters of boiling water, boil over low heat or water bath for 10 minutes, cool with the lid closed, squeeze out the thick and add boiled water to a level of 0.5 liters. Take 1/3 cup to 5 times a day.
- Tea .It is used to increase the production of maternal milk, as a remedy for hypotension( low blood pressure).To prepare, pour 1 tablespoon of dry herb 1 liter of boiling water, leave to boil for 20-30 minutes, drain. Drink 0,5 glasses 3-5 times a day.
- Juice .Used for washing wounds, prompt healing of abrasions, burns, trophic ulcers, elimination of eczema, dermatitis, disinfection of insect bites. When instilled in the nose acts as a vasoconstrictor, relieving the rhinitis. The fresh grass of the plant must be crushed and squeezed thoroughly, you can pass through the juicer. The resulting juice is diluted with water in a proportion of 1: 4.
- Syrup .Sold in the pharmacy in its final form, is intended to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood in the treatment of diabetes. Accepted according to the instructions.
- Essence of .Effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids, as well as certain diseases of the stomach and intestines. The recipe for self-preparation means: 20 grams of fresh flowers and leaves put in a flat glassware, pour 1 cup of cold boiled water, cover with a tissue napkin and put in a sunny place for 1 day. In the evening, remove the raw materials, add water to the level of 1 cup.
- Alcohol tincture .Has a stronger and prolonged effect on reducing blood sugar, removes toxins from the body. For cooking at home, the crushed dry raw materials must be put in a glass container, pour the same amount of 70% alcohol or vodka, insist in a cool dark place for 1-2 weeks, shaking daily. After filtration take 20 drops 3 times a day after meals.
- Powder .Shredded in a mortar or coffee grinder, dry leaves of the plant are used as an independent tool or as a basis for infusions. Take inside the amount of ¼-1/2 teaspoon per day, breaking the reception by 3 times and washing down with water.
Also young tender and juicy leaves of the plant can be added to food: green soups, salads, sauces.to contents ^
Application in medicineto table of contents ^
The popularity of galleys is primarily due to its effectiveness in the treatment of diabetes:
- At the pre-diabetic stage, the grass promotes increased glucose tolerance - accelerates its absorption by tissues, thereby reducing the concentration of the substancein the blood and allowing to avoid the onset of the disease.
- In the early stages of the disease with the goat can also reduce blood sugar, and insulin-like action can reduce insulin dependence in type 2 diabetes.
- Among other activities of the alkaloid galegin - a positive effect on lipid metabolism and a decrease in appetite, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in body weight( up to 85% of diabetics suffer from overweight).
Galega is an independent drug, and is also a part of almost all sugar-reducing herbal preparations, which can be prepared at home:
- 1 tablespoon of a mixture of grass galleys, bean pods, nettle leaves and dandelion root pour 1 cup boiling water, infuse for 1 hour, strain. Drink for 2 hours during the day.
- Mix seeds of grapes and blueberry leaves in a 1: 2 ratio, pour 1 tablespoon of a mixture of 0.5 liters of water and boil in a water bath for 5 minutes. Decoction take 0.5 glasses 3-4 times a day.
The plant stimulates fluid movement in the body and can increase the production of breast milk by 50%.In the pharmacies, ready-made teas or lactation supplies are sold, including gazlegas. You can also prepare these yourself:
- Mix evenly the goat grass, nettle, melissa, fennel, anise seeds, cumin. Pour 1 tablespoon mixture 1 liter of boiling water, allow to cool, strain and drink 0.5 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Take in equal parts dry grass nettle, chamomile flowers, seeds of galleys, hips. To brew 1 tablespoon of a collection 1 liter of boiling water, to insist 30 minutes, to filter. Take 3-4 times a day between meals.
Preparations of galepsis are not recommended for taking:
- For hypertension( high blood pressure).
- For diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- During pregnancy.
- With individual intolerance.
Side effects of
Taking goat can adversely affect body condition:
- Local application causes pupillary narrowing.
- With frequent use weakens the motor function of the intestines( causes constipation).
- The plant is poisonous, therefore it is not recommended to use it for a long time, and also to exceed the dosage. Take galer medication is necessary under the supervision of the therapist.