Perfume is an integral part of any image. And every modern girl at one time is faced with the problem of choosing suitable spirits. And the range, which is presented in perfume shops, often makes the search unsuccessful and that's the only one, it's your smell that is not. After all, you want to find a fragrance that will set you apart from the gray mass and emphasize your personality, lifestyle, style and taste. A worthy way out of the situation is to create a unique perfume at home. Do not think that this is impossible. Previously, the creation of the fragrance took several months and even years. But modern equipment and accumulated material have greatly simplified and accelerated this process. In addition, now most essential oils and other necessary ingredients to create your own home fragrance are quite affordable.
Selection of ingredients to create perfume at home
To make your own perfumes, you will need essential oils, which will be the basis of your future perfume. The base is tailored to your taste. But when choosing them, consider how volatile they are and how quickly they evaporate. And remember that in real spirits there are several notes: basic, heart notes and upper ones. They evaporate alternately, which leads to a gradual change in flavor throughout the day.
The base note or cable is the most resistant in the perfume composition. This smell does not change for 12-24 hours and depends on what essential oil you have taken as a basis. Suitable oil of vanilla, cinnamon, cedar, vetiver, musk, sandalwood, patchouli. You can also use the fragrance of fruit or moss.
Heart note is the foundation. Combined with the rest of the ingredients, it gives the overall composition characteristic shades or a different flavor. Essential oils of vegetable origin are relevant for such notes. For example, geranium, rose, jasmine, cloves, nutmeg, ylang-ylang. Combine them with fruit, woody and oriental flavors.
The top notes are those scents that quickly evaporate. In this role are essential oils of citrus, bergamot, lavender, thyme, rosemary and basil. Thanks to the top note, the first impression of the general perfume composition is created, so it plays a far from last role.
As additional components, you need jojoba oil, sweet almond or coconut, distilled water and alcohol.
Now you know that the choice of each note of perfume must be approached with the utmost responsibility. In such a case, the order in which the constituents of the future flavor are added is very important.
How to make a perfume composition?
After selecting all the ingredients it's time to learn how to make perfume at home:
Wind the top of the glass with food film and shake the contents several times. The composition will not be ready so quickly. Capacity should still stand for a while( from 48 hours to 1 month).As a result of such aging, the fragrance will become more saturated, bright and stable.
As soon as you notice for yourself that the smell has become complete, add 2 tablespoons of water or mineral water to the glass and stir the contents with the future perfume. If the perfume is too sharp, you can add more water to get the desired flavor of the fragrance. To have your smell stand longer, add a tablespoon of glycerin to the perfume mixture. Glycerin is a neutral, colorless, thick liquid. It can be sold in places to make household soap. When added to water and alcohol, glycerin remains liquid and helps other ingredients to dissolve faster and better.
After you have connected all the components, pour the contents into your vial. In this regard, the best option is a small perfume bottle that you have already used. Just before filling the container with a ready-made fragrance, rinse it thoroughly and dry it. The main condition for choosing a vessel is a tight lid, which will provide the necessary level of tightness. So the fragrance will not fade.
A little more about perfume notes
If your fragrance from the first did not turn out the way you imagined it, do not despair in any way. Practice and practice again. Let a lot of components deteriorate, but as a result of such efforts and efforts, you will truly get your unique smell, which will only benefit your dignity.
To avoid possible errors, try the first attempts to combine the most approached to each other flavors. This is a fruit, flower or citrus composition, with the creation of which almost no problems, and the result is always happy. After several attempts to combine smells, you can combine a variety of notes, make complex, multi-component perfumes and get a more persistent and rich perfume that keeps perfectly throughout the day, consistently, as it should ideally be, changing its trail and character.
- Classics of home women's perfume - it's all sorts of options for combining a floral palette of fragrances. Use essential oils of jasmine, roses, violets, ylang-ylang, etc.
- If you decide to make a citrus perfume, then prepare the oil of orange, lemon, lime, mandarin, grapefruit and bergamot.
- To create an exotic scent, you need ginger, cloves, cinnamon, juniper, pepper, coriander and nutmeg.
Creating solid perfumes at home
In order to make not liquid, but solid perfumes, you will need wax as a base, as well as a variety of oils that are tailored to your liking. By the way, liquid perfumes are less concentrated in comparison with analogues in liquid form. The creation of such a fragrance will take a little time, knowledge and effort.
- The wax has its own odor, so when preparing solids, use only purified wax or oils that fit well on the wax( ylang-ylang, citrus flavors).
- The aroma of lavender is universal - it can be combined with any smells, except rosemary. Lavender will give a subtlety to the pronounced eucalyptus and peppermint.
- Sandal will make the perfume composition more tart and deep.
- Any floral aroma is successfully combined with coniferous notes.
- Do not combine fennel with coriander and anise. This is fraught with irritation on the skin after applying such perfume.
So, prepare: natural wax, base oil odorless( jojoba, almond or olive), essential oils( one or several, which will fit well together);a container or small storage containers( a jar of cream, an empty box of powder, a tube of lipstick, a deodorant or other suitable container that will give the spirits the necessary form), wooden sticks, for example for sushi, measuring glass bowls, a bucket of stainless steel
- Take the wax and base oil in the proportion of 1 to 2( in this case 50 g of wax and 100 g of oil).Their number depends on the volume of perfume. Oil pour into the ladle and heat it over a small fire. While keeping warm( not hot!) Temperature, carefully add the wax. Stir constantly using sticks until the wax completely melts in the oil. Remove the ladle from the fire. Check the consistency of the wax: pour a small amount on a spoon and let it cool, test it with your finger. If the wax is too soft, add more natural wax to the bucket, if too hard - then add more oil to the bucket.
- In a separate container, pour 120-150 drops of essential oil, combining the notes of the base, heart and upper notes in the sequences you need. Using sticks, test the smell of the resulting composition.
- Add the already mixed composition of oils to the contents of the scoop. High temperatures can be detrimental to essential oils, so first check the temperature of the wax with the base oil - it should not exceed 50 degrees Celsius. Mix all the ingredients.
- Pour a small amount of perfume on the spoon, let cool and check - smell your hard perfume;Add more ingredients, if necessary, until you have the right odor.
- While your spirits are still liquid, quickly pour into a prepared form. If you miss the right moment, the mixture will quickly solidify.