The week before Lent is called "Pancake week".At this time, according to Slavic traditions, it was necessary to bake pancakes and pancakes, symbolizing the sun. Pancakes were famous for being thin, delicate, so that through them you could see the heavenly body. Pancakes, on the contrary, were distinguished by splendor, which symbolized fertility. For their preparation used flour, eggs, milk or curdled milk. In the dough, other products were often added to get a new taste.
Secrets of lush pancakes
- The highlight is the use of quality wheat flour. In addition, it must necessarily be sieved at least two times to enrich it with oxygen. This will give airiness to future fritters, they will rise well. It is possible to use a mixture of wheat, rye, corn or buckwheat flour.
- It is also very important to prepare a dough of the right consistency. It should be thick enough, like homemade sour cream, and slowly fall off the spoon.
- In order to achieve the maximum effect of fluffiness, it is necessary to give the dough to stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. This fact refers to baking pancakes with both yeast, and cooked with soda or baking powder.
- The next secret concerns compliance with the temperature regime.The products used should have room temperature, especially curdled milk or kefir.
- An important factor affecting the splendor of fritters is the freshness of kefir. For fritters, yogurt or kefir, which the housewives use, can be, as they say, "not the first freshness."In this case, the fermented milk product will help to make the dough for pancakes rise and be more gentle.
- The next secret, which concerns the preparation of lush pancakes, refers directly to the process of their frying. Here you need to consider several points. First, the frying pan should be heated, when the first portion of pancakes is laid on it. Secondly, they should be baked on medium heat, so that the pancakes can be properly cooked.
- As for the time of determining their readiness, there are several options:
- In the first case, you can cut or break several pieces from the first portion to see if they are baked inside.
- The second option uses a method that determines the readiness of products baked in the oven. To do this, take a toothpick or a match and punch pancakes. If they are baked enough, the toothpick will remain dry, without any leftover dough on it. If the pancakes remain damp inside, in no case need to increase the fire, you should cover the frying pan with a lid.
- Turn pancakes when the bubbles appear on top of them, and the bottom is browned enough. If the pancakes are very lush, for example, yeast, they can fry more and sides.
- Ready products are better served immediately at the table at any time of the day, whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner.
There are different products on the menu for Shrovetide. To make pancakes with the use of yogurt is very simple. Their recipes have traditionally been passed down from generation to generation. Such fritters can be prepared with soda, baking powder or with yeast.
It is believed that these products were originally different from pancakes in thickness. The lavishness of the pancake is made by yeast, which promotes its active growth during frying. For the preparation of yeast pancakes, you can use both milk and sour milk products, such as yoghurt, kefir, low-fat sour cream or curdled milk.
- 0.5 liter of curdled milk;
- 2 cups of flour;
- 25 g yeast;
- 2-3 tbsp.spoons of sugar( for sweet pancakes you can use more);
- a pinch of salt;
- 1 egg. Seasoning Flour Eggs
- First, you need to slightly warm the curdled milk. It is better to do this using a water bath so that it warms up evenly.
- Next, put sugar, salt and yeast, pre-chopping them. Leave the mixture for 5 minutes to finally dissolve the yeast.
- Then put the egg in a mass and gradually add the sifted flour. Do not forget to monitor the density and, if necessary, add a small amount of flour.
- Mix the dough with a spoon until smooth and leave it to fit. The time of its maturation will depend on the temperature of the room. It is better that the dough fits in a warm place or at room temperature, then this process will take 30 minutes to one hour.
- Fry pancakes over medium heat, you can cover the frying pan with a lid.
Pancakes with apples
To add new flavors to them, classic ingredients are often added to the classic fritters. Among the most common options - apples. It is better to take apples of acidic varieties for these purposes, because in combination with sugar they will make the taste of pancakes similar to pies.
Some recipes with apples offer to grate them on the grater and add directly to the dough, but then they will give the fritters only a slight fruity shade. To feel the fullness of apple taste, it is better to cut the fruit with thin plates. When adding cinnamon to the dough, you can even more emphasize the apple accent.
Food for preparation:
- 300 g of flour;
- 2-3 eggs;
- 500 ml of curdled milk or yogurt;
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda or 5 g baking powder;
- 0.25 teaspoon of salt;
- 125 grams of sugar;
- 2 apples, pinch of cinnamon as desired;
- vegetable oil for frying.
- Rinse the eggs with salt, sugar, add yogurt and yogurt and mix.
- Gradually stirring the dough so that there are no lumps, add the sifted flour.
- Peel apples by removing seeds, cut into thin plates and distribute evenly over the dough. If desired, add cinnamon.
- Allow the dough to stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake pancakes over medium heat.
Pancakes with cottage cheese
An unusual and very delicate taste can be given to cottage cheese. This recipe will tell you how to make pancakes with curd cheese.
- curdled milk - 0,5 liters;
- curd 250-300 grams;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 tbsp.spoons of sugar;
- 3 cups of flour;
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- The first step is to add the baking powder to the yerk. To give the future test of airiness, it is necessary to monitor that the formation of carbon dioxide begins. If the reaction is not sufficiently rapid, it is better to use a so-called home-baking powder. To do this, mix soda and citric acid in a ratio of 5: 3. Remember that this baking powder is not stored, it should be used immediately. Therefore, you should prepare the right amount for you using electronic scales.
- Separate the proteins from the yolks. Beat the proteins in a strong foam with a pinch of salt with a mixer or whisk.
- Yolks grind well with sugar, add cottage cheese and curdled milk with baking powder to the mass, mix everything thoroughly.
- Gradually introduce into the dough sifted flour. Note: if the specified amount of flour is not sufficient, you can add it in such a way that the finished dough is a consistency of thick sour cream.
- Carefully insert whipped proteins into the dough, stirring the dough top-down with a silicone spatula.
- On a heated frying pan, sprinkled with vegetable oil, spread the finished dough with a tablespoon and fry on both sides over medium heat.
Delicious pancakes with yogurt in a multivark - video recipe
Pancakes with raisins
But these pancakes with raisins will resemble traditional cheese cakes. Their taste will be so gentle that they will be liked even by those who do not like cottage cheese. In order to prepare air fritters with cottage cheese, you will need the following components:
- premium wheat flour - 3/4 cup;
- curd - 250 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- milk - 1/3 cup;
- soda - 1/2 teaspoon;
- lemon juice - 4 teaspoons;
- lemon peel - 1 teaspoon;
- sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- raisins - 100 grams;
- salt - at the tip of the knife;
- vanillin or vanilla extract - 1/3 of a packet or 1/2 teaspoon;
- butter - 2 tablespoons;
- refined vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons.
- Mix in a deep bowl sifted flour, sugar, salt and soda.
- Add the dried ingredients to the wiped cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, egg yolks, raisins and melted butter. Gently mix the mass with a whisk.
- Egg proteins, previously separated from the yolks, beat into a thick foam. Then gently combine them with the pancake batter.
- Roll out the pan, pour some vegetable oil into it.
- Fry pancakes with cottage cheese for 2-4 minutes on both sides over medium heat.
- For this recipe it is better to use medium-fat cottage cheese, since it is better to grind it and the cottage cheese will not be felt in the dough.
- It is mandatory to use lemon juice. When interacting with soda, it contributes to the formation of bubbles of carbon dioxide, which are responsible for the airiness of the finished products.
- Do not pour a lot of oil on the pan, otherwise the pancakes will be too greasy. In this case, they can be laid out on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- When frying, the fire should be less than average, so that the cakes can be baked. At the same time, too small a fire can contribute to their drying.
Pancakes with semolina
And finally we offer a recipe for pancakes, in which an excellent alternative to flour will serve semolina. Pancakes with a manga can replace traditional porridge.
- 1,5-2 cups of manga;
- 2 cups of kefir;
- sugar and salt to taste;
- 0.5 teaspoons of soda;
- 10 drops of lemon juice;
- vanillin at will. Kefir Lemon juice Semolina
- Mix kefir at room temperature with sugar, salt and semolina. Allow the manke to swell.
- Add to the mass, extinguished with lemon juice soda, mix.
- Fry pancakes over medium heat under a lid on both sides until blanch.
Pancake week is a ritual holiday, symbolizing preparation for the Great Post. Let all recipes present a delicious Maslenitsa to your family and friends!