Bruises( or bruises) are cavities under the skin with blood clots that appear due to rupture of blood vessels during tissue trauma. Standing out on the skin with red or bluish-purple spots, they lighten as the blood cells decompose. Faster to get rid of bruises are often helped by folk remedies.
- Why does
- arise? Under the eyes of
- How to get rid of
- For children
The bruise is also called a hematoma, but its lightest form, formed with a small bruise and sensitive only with pressure. With a bruise there is a rupture of superficial small vessels, hematoma is a more complex trauma, often characterized by internal hemorrhage. It is sharply painful when touched, causes swelling of nearby tissues, a local increase in temperature, and can limit the mobility of muscles.
occurs The main cause of bruising is the trauma of a blood vessel due to a bruise or stroke.
Other factors include:
- Compression( prolonged compression of tissues), for example, with a tightly tightened watch strap, the application of a medical harness.
- Barotrauma - soft tissue damage due to local action of low blood pressure( treatment with cans, vacuum massage).
- Craniocerebral trauma - in this case, the penetration of blood from the cranium into the orbit cavity causes cyanosis around the eyeball( a symptom of the glasses).
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels - a violation of cardiac activity provoke venous stagnation.
- Varicose veins - the walls of the vessels weaken, lose elasticity and are easily injured by the slightest, sometimes inconspicuous, pressure, forming a lot of bruises on the legs.
- Hemorrhagic vasculitis is an inflammation of the vessels of an autoimmune nature.
- Diseases of blood with deterioration of its coagulability - hemophilia, thrombocytopenia, iron or folic deficiency anemia.
- Reducing blood viscosity - often caused by the use of drugs that dilute the blood( analgesics, antidepressants, corticosteroids, anti-asthmatic and anti-inflammatory drugs).
- Insect bites.
- Injection, blood sampling - with these manipulations, the integrity of the vessels is disturbed.
- Unbalanced nutrition, lack of vitamins( in particular - C, E, K, P), some elements( zinc) - without proper intake of these substances into the body, the walls of the vessels become thinner and brittle.
- Pregnancy - at this time women often have an outflow of venous blood or stagnation of blood.
- Menopause( menopause) - lack of the hormone estrogen during this period affects the circulatory system and can cause fragility of the capillaries.
- Thinning of tissues due to age-related changes.
- Excessively active sports - excessive tension can provoke a rupture of blood vessels.
- Hereditary predisposition - this includes both anatomical features and diseases.
Under the eyes of
Separately, one should mention the phenomenon of bruises undereyes. Their occurrence can be provoked by the following factors:
- Individual feature of the body, manifested by anatomical fragility of the vessels.
- Consequence of a blow to the bridge of the nose or eye.
- Excessive eye strain( a long time spent at the monitor screen, TV).
- Chronic fatigue, non-compliance with sleep and rest.
- Harmful habits - smoking and alcoholism disrupt the blood circulation of the body as a whole, reducing the elasticity of capillaries. The first to negative changes is the thin and delicate skin of the eyelids.
- Disturbances in the work of the kidneys - such diseases cause swelling and blueing of the lower eyelids.
- Non-diabetes mellitus - in this case, blue under the eyes is accompanied by excessive thirst and an increase in the daily volume of urine.
- Couperose - a pathological expansion of the capillaries with the formation of a network, manifested by the formation under the eyes and on the wings of the nose of blue spots with red patches.
- Deterioration of venous outflow in the ocular cavity.
- Diseases caused by viruses and bacteria - most of these organisms increase the permeability of the vessel walls, making them more fragile.
- Diseases of the pancreas - affect the condition of the skin, thinning and drying it, making the capillaries under the eyes shine more strongly.
- Rapid weight loss - the fat layer under the eyes is very thin, and with rapid weight loss it disappears, causing bruising.
- Glistular invasion - when a parasite infects a person, sleep deteriorates, so bruising under the eyes is not uncommon.
- Allergy - to cosmetics, food, or irritants of the environment( pollen of plants, animal hair).
How to get rid of
If bruising has appeared due to a bruise, there are general recommendations for their prompt removal:
- Cooling .Suitable for only emerging bruises, allows you to reduce the flow of blood to the affected area due to the narrowing of blood vessels. To the bruised place it is necessary to attach a piece of ice wrapped in tissue( to avoid frostbite of skin areas).If the location of the bruise allows, you can substitute it for a stream of cold water.
- Tight bandaging .Not as effective as cooling, however, when used urgently, it can compress tissues, preventing the formation of a cavity with blood. Minus the method in the inability to apply it with bruises on the body.
- The correct position of the limb .If the arm or leg is injured, it should be raised relative to the body level. At the same time blood supply to the limb will decrease, therefore, the amount of blood forming a bruise will decrease.
- Heating reels .Applied in the case when the hematoma has appeared for a long time, and the edema finally slept. To the place of formation of a bruise it is necessary to attach a pouch with preheated salt or sand and keep until completely cool. You can use a handkerchief ironed with iron.
Traditional medicine also offers many tools for prompt resorption of bruises:
- Iodine .In place of bruise, you need to make an iodine mesh, let it soak. The remedy is effective against bruises left on the spot of injections.
- Compress from a bandage soaked in vinegar and sprinkled with with baking soda .Vinegar gives a small, but rapid cooling, and soda helps the bruise to dissolve faster.
- Salt .Dissolve 10 grams of table salt in 100 milliliters of water, applying to the site of the injury the cloth dampened in the medium.
- Potato starch mixed with water until the formation of gruel, apply to the damaged area, leave for 1 hour.
- Badyaga when bruising from squeezing acne: cleanse the skin on the face with a decoction of chamomile. Make a mask from cosmetic clay, diluted with water to a mushy state with 2-3 drops of lemon juice, leave for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water. Spot the solution of badyagi on the affected areas - 2 parts of powdered algae mixed with 1 part of water or vegetable oil. Wash off after 5 minutes.
- Onion pulp .Grate or finely chop 1 onion, mix with 1 teaspoon of salt. After 15 minutes, squeeze the juice, wrap the gruel in gauze and apply for 10-15 minutes to the bruise. The effect is enhanced when alternating with compresses from badyagi.
- Cabbage with plantain .Rinse the leaves of the plants before the appearance of juice and apply to the site of the bruise several times a day.
- Grated beetroot with honey .Mix the ingredients in equal parts and spread on the bruise with a thick layer.
- Flax seeds .Raw materials are crushed, wrapped in gauze and dipped in boiling water. Keep in a damaged place until cool.
- Herbal mixture of .Equal shares of celandine, bark of viburnum, lime blossom mix, 1 teaspoon of raw material pour 1 cup of boiling water, cool, add the juice of aloe. Make compresses on a bruise.
- Black tea .It is an effective remedy for bruising under the eyes caused by overwork. Brew 1 tablespoon of tea leaves in 0.5 cups of boiling water, leave for 10 minutes. Wet cotton pads with tea( or squeeze the tea leaves and wrap it in gauze), put it on your eyes. You can use ready-made tea bags.
Bruises, abrasions and bruises are mandatory attributes of active children. However, in some cases, bruising can indicate a serious illness. To consult a doctor is necessary in the following cases:
- The location of the hematoma on the head or in the eye area, as well as in unusual places - on the back, shin, back of the palm.
- Appearance of bruises for no apparent reason.
- The appearance of large bruises at the slightest, even weak, impact or injury.
- The child has difficulty with speech, vision or walking, or there are dizziness, drowsy appearance.
- Bruises are accompanied by a rise in temperature.
- Bruising easily formed and does not heal.
It should be borne in mind that in weak or complete children bruises appear easier.