Since ancient times, people are susceptible to various diseases - inflammation of the respiratory, sexual, excretory systems, diseases of the digestive system, fatigue, weakened immunity. An effective remedy against the described ailments is Echinacea purpurea - a plant used in many recipes of traditional medicine and in the pharmaceutical industry. Medicinal properties have a collection of medicinal raw materials: rhizomes, leaves, as well as flowers of echinacea.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- flowers Based
- leaves Based
- roots aqueous extract
- application To smoothen
- nervous system diseasesorgans of the gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary system
- With colds
- With pancreatitis
- For gynecological problems
- With chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseruktivnoy lung disease
- bath snake bites
- In tuberculosis
- Contraindications Side effects
- Harvesting and storage
chemical composition of medicinal plant - Echinacea purpurea - in large numbers contains a large amount of nutrients. Among them are:
- essential oils;
- organic acids;
- tanning agents;
- vitamins A, C, E;
- microelements - calcium( Ca), potassium( K), iron( Fe), silicon( Si) and aluminum( Al).In a small amount, such elements as silver( Ag), manganese( Mn), beryllium( Be), barium( Ba), zinc( Zn) and others are contained in plant parts.
- Thanks to its rich chemical composition, Echinacea has bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic properties.
- Echinacea preparations should be used to strengthen bone tissue, tooth enamel and nail plate.
- Thanks to selenium, the plant is an excellent antioxidant - it slows the aging of cells and prevents the formation of tumors.
- Displays radionuclides, and protects against radiation sickness.
- The content of polysaccharides, activating the production of interferons and contributing to tissue repair, in the roots of echinacea determines its immunostimulating property.
- Reduces the risk of developing both bacterial and viral diseases.
- acts as an immunostimulant, allowing the body to regain strength and quickly cope with the evolving diseases.
- Strengthens the potency.
- Prolonged diseases( acute respiratory viral infection, common cold), administration of antibiotics, significantly weakening the body. Echinacea helps restore the immune system, thus speeding up the healing process;
- Diseases of infectious nature( urinary tract infection, herpes, intestinal infections);
- Diseases of the sexual and excretory systems( cystitis, prostatitis and so on);
- Diseases of the circulatory system. Echinacea helps restore coagulability and improves blood formation;
- Problems of the musculoskeletal system( arthritis, sciatica, fractures and others);
- Raising the tone of the body - helps to relieve fatigue, normalize sleep, it is recommended to use with increased anxiety, depression;
- Diseases of the skin( dermatitis, psoriasis);
- Diseases of the respiratory system( tonsillitis, scarlet fever);
- Diseases of the digestive system( ulcerative lesions of the duodenum and stomach, liver pathology);Bites of insects and snakes.
Active application in the recipes of traditional medicine of the plant is due to the presence of useful properties that it possesses. The application in the pharmaceutical industry has also become increasingly popular. Many preparations - extracts, infusions, tablets, ampoules are made on the basis of echinacea. In folk medicine the most popular compresses, water infusions and teas. Taking this or that remedy, you should pay special attention to the indications for use.to contents ^
Natural herbal preparation containing roots and rhizomes of Echinacea, various acids, flavonoids and other substances. The drug helps calm in stressful situations, strengthens the immune system, restores the working capacity of the body, it is used during periods of acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory infections.
Herbal extract of Echinacea has useful properties:
- fights against viral infections;
- prevents the ingress of viruses into the body;
- improves the body's resistance to fighting microbes and its resistance;
- removes inflammation.
The extract can be used both orally, and for external treatment of skin in case of damage( compresses).to contents ^
For the preservation of all medicinal properties is prepared on a water bath, because this way of cooking ensures the preservation of its beneficial properties. There are 3 types of broth: from flowers, leaves and roots.to contents ^
Based on flowers
- flowers Echinacea shredded - 10 grams;
- water is 500 milliliters.
Flowers filled with water should be held for about half an hour in a water bath. The broth helps to revitalize the body, maintain its tone and strengthen immunity.to table of contents ^
On the basis of leaves
- leaves of echinacea - 5 grams;
- water is 500 milliliters.
Shredded leaves, filled with water, for half an hour on a water bath. The present cold broth filter. It removes inflammation, prevents the formation of edema and removes them by removing the liquid. The broth is recommended to people suffering from headaches and joint diseases.to contents ^
Based on the roots of
- , the roots of Echinacea are 10 grams;
- water is 300 milliliters.
Roots chop, pour water and about 30 minutes to simmer in a water bath. Constant cold decoction, pass through gauze. You should take broth for people who suffer from chronic fatigue, frequent infectious diseases. After applying the decoction, the condition will improve markedly, a feeling of cheerfulness will appear.to contents ^
It is used for treatment of skin lesions - wounds, redness, rashes( compresses), as well as for rinsing and rinsing the nose for colds.
Water infusion of echinacea can be prepared at home. To do this, you need 500 milliliters of boiling water and 5 grams of raw Echinacea( crushed and dried).Pour echinacea parts with boiling water and insist for at least 10 hours in a thermos bottle, then pass through a sieve. The product is ready for use.
Herbal preparation, which is based on the roots and rhizomes of Echinacea, has an immunostimulating property, and also removes inflammation, helps the body to fight viral infections.
Tincture should be taken for colds, during their active spread. Regenerating effect on the organism of alcohol tincture of echinacea allows its use in the treatment of skin diseases( externally).The drug helps to speed up the process of tissue repair. Anti-inflammatory properties allow the use of tincture for the treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system.
To combat various skin diseases, compresses are used from diluted alcoholic tincture. In the treatment of diseases of the respiratory, urogenital and digestive systems, the tincture of Echinacea, diluted in a small volume of water, is taken orally.to contents ^
The drug has a strong immunostimulating property, removes inflammation, promotes elimination of toxins. In addition, it has a calming and analgesic effect on the body.
The drug is used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the joints, soft tissues, respiratory system and excretory system, as well as in the treatment of inflammatory diseases, sexually transmitted infections. In addition, the echinacea ampoules are used for mastitis, appendicitis, stomatitis, complications after SARS, and the like.
Tablets for resorption with Echinacea extract are used during the prevention of catarrhal diseases as a means of strengthening immunity. Thanks to anti-inflammatory drugs, the drug is used to exacerbate respiratory, sexual and excretory infections. Tablets are prescribed for prolonged treatment with antibiotics. The course of treatment is from 7 to 60 days.to table of contents ^
Recipes for application ofto table of contents ^
For calming the nervous system of
- roots of Echinacea - 10 grams;
- medical alcohol is 100 milliliters.
In the glass container, pour alcohol with the crushed roots of Echinacea. Tara well cork and put in a dark cool place for 24 hours. After the tincture must necessarily strain.
Take sedative 3 times a day before meals for 20-30 drops. After 2-3 weeks, the soothing effect of the tincture on the central nervous system will be noticeable.to contents ^
For diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and urogenital system
- roots, leaves, flowers of echinacea - 100 grams;
- vodka is 1000 milliliters.
Shredded parts of the plant in a glass container, fill it with vodka and leave for 20 days in a light-deprived place. Every 3 days it is recommended to mix the contents, shaking the container. After the required time, tincture is filtered.
Tincture is indicated to apply 20 drops 3 times a day for the treatment of stomach ulcers, duodenal ulcers, inflammation of the genital system, as well as diseases related to the kidneys.to contents ^
- Echinacea flowers - 3 pieces;
- root and leaves of Echinacea - 1 teaspoonful;
- water - 1 glass.
Shredded parts of the plant to mix and pour boiling water. At least 30-40 minutes of the composition should be infused, then it should be filtered. Healing tea is to be drunk 3 times a day before meals( for 20 minutes) during the treatment of colds. For prevention - enough once a week.
- flowers and leaves of Echinacea - 1 tablespoon;
- water is 1000 milliliters.
In the boiling water to pour out the grass. Insist before cooling down. Strain, drink 3 glasses a day.to table of contents ^
For gynecological problems
- flowers and leaves of Echinacea - 5 tablespoons;
- grass Leuzea - 5 tablespoons.
- water is 200 milliliters.
Prepare a mixture of herbs. A tablespoon of the collection pour boiling water and leave for 60 minutes. After cooling, drain. Drink 3 times a day.to contents ^
For chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- flowers of echinacea - 2 tablespoons;
- pine needles - 4 tablespoons;
- Ledum - 5 tablespoons;
- root of elecampane - 6 tablespoons;
- leaves of plantain - 7 tablespoons;
- leaves cranberries and raspberries - 8 tablespoons;
- thyme and oregano - 8 tablespoons;
- rhizome of calamus - 8 tablespoons;
- St. John's Wort - 10 tablespoons.
- water is 200 milliliters.
Prepare a mixture of medicinal raw materials.20 grams of the resulting mixture pour boiling water, and cook for 10 minutes, after cooling, strain. Take three times a day before or after eating.to contents ^
- leaves and flowers of Echinacea - 5 teaspoons;
- water is 1000 milliliters.
Dried raw material pour boiling water and insist 60 minutes. Ready infusion, strain, add to the bath. The procedure helps to improve the condition of the skin and its cleansing.to table of contents ^
With snake bites
Composition: stems, leaves and roots of Echinacea.
Combine all parts of the plant in equal parts and pass through a meat grinder, mix. Apply the resulting mixture to the bite at least 5 times a day.to contents ^
- Echinacea flowers - 500 grams;
- sunflower oil - 2.5 liters;
- sea buckthorn oil - 2.5 liters.
Pour echinacea flowers with sunflower oil, close the lid tightly( depriving oxygen supply) and leave for 40 days. The jar with the mixture must be shaken daily several times. After 40 days, add the sea-buckthorn oil to the obtained infusion and mix thoroughly. Drink 1 tablespoon three times a day.to table of contents ^
The use of preparations based on echinacea is contraindicated in children under 3 years of age, and also with:
- of lactation;
- allergic reactions;
- for insomnia;
- oncological diseases;
Side effects of
With uncontrolled intake of preparations based on echinacea, the following are possible:
- problems with liver function;
- aches in the body;
- feeling tired;
- decrease in the functions of the immune system.
It is undesirable to take preparations based on echinacea in the warm season, because during this period they negatively affect the body.to contents ^
Procurement and storage of
All parts of the echinacea are to be procured as medicinal raw materials, since all of them have medicinal properties. Plants are subject to plants older than 2 years.
Rhizomes should be harvested in the spring or autumn, because during this period they are rich in nutrients.
The collection of raw materials is carried out in the morning after the morning dew dries. This facilitates the drying of the raw materials. For drying medicinal raw materials should choose a well-ventilated dark room, devoid of sunlight.
For the storage of raw materials, tightly closed containers are used. In them, raw materials last longer: rhizomes - up to 2 years, grass and flowers - no more than 6 months.