In many people, a dandelion causes a variety of emotions and associations: someone with a trembling recollects childhood and weaving wreaths, someone so much enjoyed blowing his fluff, and for some he is just an annoying weed. Although in fact, dandelion by right can be called a curative plant. Not for nothing in fact in Russia he was called "the elixir of youth."And the wise proverb accurately reflects its essence: "The dandelion is unsightly, but the power is great."
Unique composition of useful substances
It is known that inflorescences, roots and leaves of dandelion are very often used not only for prevention, but also for treatment of various ailments, because they contain valuable substances:
- vitamins A, B2, B5, C, E;
- Taraxacin, Taraxacerin, bitter glycoside Taraxacerin;
- salts of calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, iron, phosphorus, sodium;
- rubber substances;
Dandelion healing properties of the dandelion
Dandelion has a positive effect on many vital processes of the human body. It is proved that the correct use of dandelion juice:
- significantly improves metabolism, bringing it back to normal;
- stimulates appetite, activating digestion;
- improves hematopoiesis;
- effectively lowers cholesterol levels in the blood;
- promotes normalization of the body's alkaline composition;
- strengthens the body's immune system;
- in addition to carrot and celery juice has an extremely positive effect on the body in such serious diseases as anemia, asthma and cardiovascular ailments;
- in combination with almost any other juices has a great effect on the secretory activity of the gallbladder and liver;
- improves the well-being of pregnant women and strengthens lactation( medical consultation is necessary);
- strengthens the teeth;
- juice from the leaves of this plant improves the excretion of fluid from the body, especially it is important for heart diseases.
In addition, it is the juice from dandelions that has long been used to treat asthma, anemia, cancer, spleen disease, cardiovascular diseases, sclerosis, rickets, paradantosis, skin ailments, warts, hay fever.
Application of dandelion juice
To obtain juice, it is necessary to take the stems and roots of this plant, thoroughly rinse and pass through a meat grinder. The resulting mass is pressed using gauze. The resulting juice( 50-100 ml) should be consumed 3 times a day before meals for 2-3 weeks. Given that it is quite bitter, it can be mixed with any other juices, for example, celery, carrots or turnips.
Who should not drink dandelion juice?
Juice from dandelion is not recommended for people suffering from increased secretion of hydrochloric acid( gastritis and ulcer) and blockage of the biliary tract. An overdose of it can lead to diarrhea and vomiting.
It is extremely important to collect dandelions in ecologically clean places, because this plant is inherently prone to absorb lead and other harmful emissions.