Russian cuisine has long been distinguished by a variety of fishdishes, because in the territory of a huge state there were always a lot of big and small reservoirs that abounded in fish. Another reason for this diversity was the large number of fasts faithfully observed by Orthodox Christians, during which meat dishes were strictly forbidden, and the use of fish was permitted by the canons of the Orthodox Church.
Speaking of fish dishes, it is necessary to note one feature that characterizes Russian national cuisine: simple peasants rarely fried fish. Most often it was allowed, boiled and baked. The reason for this - the design features of the Russian oven, which in those days used to prepare all dishes.
Much has changed since that time: Russian stoves can now be found only in the Russian outback, rarely those who keep posts, but the tradition of baking fish has remained. The dishes baked in the oven are less greasy, and therefore more useful.
Alaska pollack with potatoes
For this appetizing and hearty dish, any fish( tasty, for example, mackerel with potatoes in the oven), which will be found in the refrigerator or will be brought from the market, but we would like to recommend just pollock.
With skillful preparation, this fish will be distinguished by a delicate taste, and the absence of excess fat in it will make the dish a product of dietary nutrition.
This dish can be safely served on the table during a family dinner, as it will taste like the older members of the family, and the kids.
- Pollock - 1.5 kg.
- Potatoes - 2 kg.
- Mayonnaise - 200 ml.
- Sour cream - 150 ml.
- Lemon - 1 piece. Onion - 2 heads.
- One large carrot.
- Seasoning for fish, ground pepper and salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Clean fish, gut, under a stream of running water and cut into pieces. We put them in a deep bowl, season with spices, salt and pour juice, squeezed from one lemon. We transport marinated fish for half an hour to the refrigerator.
- Thoroughly clean and wash all the vegetables.
- Potatoes cut into thin circles, onions - rings of medium width, carrots rubbed on a coarse grater.
- We prepare the filling for our dish, mixing sour cream, mayonnaise and pouring into it a small amount of warm boiled water.
- We spread the chopped potatoes into a container intended for baking, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fill potatoes with half of the pouring we prepared and put a layer of carrots on it.
- Over the carrots put the pickled pieces of fish and rings of onions.
- Evenly fill our dish with the remaining filling and for 45 minutes we send it to a hot oven.
Pike in the oven with potatoes can be cooked in the same way. To prevent it from getting dry, it is advisable to cover the dish and dish with a lid. For 15 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the lid, so that the dish has a beautiful golden crust. Trout with potatoes in the oven
Trout can be cooked in many different ways. One of them is baking in foil. Delicate trout meat is cooked easily and quickly, and is served to the table with a glass of chilled white wine.
Transferring cooked fish to a beautiful dish, it is served along with the foil in which it was cooked( remove only the side and top edges of the foil).
- Kilogram trout trout.
- Potatoes - 500 g.
- Spices for fish.
Method of preparation:
- Take a small trout carcass, release it from fins and entrails, carefully wash it and dry it using a paper towel.
- We spread the fish into halves and put them on a sheet of foil.
- Mix with spices the cloves of garlic and salt. By this composition we thoroughly lubricate the fish from all sides.
- Peeled and washed potatoes cut into thin slices and mixed with a spoonful of mayonnaise.
- We spread the potatoes on the prepared fish, imitating large flakes. The remaining potatoes are laid out next to the fish. We wrap the edges of the foil.
- Bake the trout in a well-heated oven until cooked.
This dish will amaze all gathered at the table not only with exquisite taste and delicate aroma, issued by the fish thanks to the use of spices. Beautifully laid out slices of potatoes, simulating scales, will give him an unusual decorative, so it is able to decorate and festive table. In the same way, flounder in the oven with potatoes can be cooked.
Cod with potatoes in the oven
This recipe can be successfully applied to both marine( for example, tilapia in the oven with potatoes will be very good), and to the river fish. River fish is very tasty, but has a very significant drawback: it has many small bones.
Thanks to this little trick, the smallest bones will not only become softer, but they themselves will come out. The process of their extraction from the cooked fish will not be difficult.
This recipe can be used if it is assumed that a perch with potatoes in the oven will be served.
- Three small cod.
- Potatoes - 1 kg.
- Mayonnaise( it will be better if you make it yourself) - 200 ml.
- Garlic - a pair of denticles.
- Spices - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt and pepper are at the discretion of the landlady.
- How to prepare the trest:
- We clean the gutter, gut, remove the black film, rinse under running water. Look, how to quickly cut cod on fillets, video:
- Prepared carcases or pieces of fillet rubbed with spices and salt, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cleaned and washed potatoes cut into large pieces.
- Prepare the fill: add the mayonnaise spices for fish, powdered black pepper powder and garlic, passed through the press.
- Part of the pouring is used to smear the upper half of the prepared fish carcasses( thanks to it, you will get a delicious crust), the rest of it is thoroughly mixed with potato cubes.
- We grease the baking sheet with vegetable oil, we lay our fish in the middle of it, and around it there is a potato filled with sauce.
- Bake in a hot oven until an appetizing crust appears.
Salmon with potatoes in the oven
Salmon or salmon is ideal for this recipe. Salmon in the oven with potatoes is a dish of festive cuisine. It is unusually tasty, nutritious and beautiful. Even an inexperienced mistress can cook it. The highlight of this method of cooking is that each piece of exquisite red fish is served portion by piece.
Some housewives use special portioned frying pans to serve such fish. If there are no such frying pans, you can make homemade foil molds yourself, this is quite easy.
Ingredients( for 4 servings):
- 4 large( 250 g) pieces of salmon.
- Large potatoes - 4 pieces.
- 2 onion bulbs.
- 1 lemon.
- Hard cheese - 200 g.
- Eggs - 2 pieces.
- Sour cream - 200 ml.
- Fresh herbs( onion, parsley, dill).Ground black pepper, salt.
- Salmon steaks from salmon, sprinkle with ground pepper, put each on a sheet of foil, turning it into a baking dish( it should tightly cover a piece of fish around the perimeter).
- Sliced onions with large cubes, distribute on the surface of each steak and water the fish with juice squeezed from half a lemon. It is very convenient to use the already prepared lime juice instead of lemon, which is sold everywhere in any supermarket.
- Homemade mashed potatoes with marinated steaks for half an hour to the refrigerator.
- Sliced potatoes( on piece per serving) of salt and put on pickled fish( you can, on the contrary, that the salmon was on top).
- Finely grind cheese mixed with eggs and sour cream, whisking the mixture with a fork. We send there also finely chopped fresh herbs.
- We pour out the obtained fill from the shapes with the fish.
- Put our molds in the oven, heated to a temperature of 200 degrees and bake for 25 minutes.
Salmon in the oven with potatoes is served directly in a mold, which is placed on a serving plate, decorated with cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs.
Pangasius in the oven with potatoes
The following recipe, which is easy to prepare and has access to ingredients, can be used to make pike-perch in an oven with potatoes( as well as many varieties of sea and river fish characterized by a small number of small bones).
- Pangasius fillet - 0,5 kg.
- Potatoes - 1 kg.
- Tomatoes - 300 g.
- Cheese - 100 g.
- Mayonnaise - 200 ml.
- Pangasius fillet cut into pieces, salt, pepper and let lie down for 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes and tomatoes into thin slices.
- We rub on a fine grater a piece of hard cheese.
- Half a slice of potatoes put in a deep container, podsalivaem and pepper.
- Spread pieces of fish fillets, then - a layer of tomatoes, and then - another layer of potatoes( do not forget to slightly add salt).
- On the top of the casserole we put mayonnaise and grated cheese.
- Bake at a temperature of 180 degrees. Baking time is 40 minutes.
It is very tasty with catfish in the oven, baked according to this recipe. This dish can be served as a daily tasty and nutritious meal.
Sazan with potatoes in the oven
This delicious dish of flavor and aroma can be prepared also from bream and other bony river fish. Bream in the oven with potatoes is cooked just as quickly, yielding to carp just for fat.
- Large carp - 1 piece. Potatoes - 10 small tubers.
- 2 small bulbs.
- A piece of butter( 100 g).
- The same amount of cheese.
- A glass of sour cream. How to prepare:
- Clean, gut and thoroughly wash the fish.
- With a sharp knife, we make transverse incisions on the sides of the carcass( separated by 1 cm from each other).Thanks to this method all small bones will be cooked in the fish.
- Cut potatoes into small pieces, and onions - rings.
- Melt a piece of butter and mix it with sour cream.
- Lubricate the baking sheet with vegetable oil and lay the fish on a cushion of onion rings laid out on the center of the baking tray.
- Lubricate the carp with a creamy-oil mixture, and on top of this fill we spread the remaining onion rings.
- Spread the pieces of potatoes around the fish and sprinkle them with finely grated cheese.
- Bake our dish for forty minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
Fish, impregnated with onion juice( no worse than the taste of carp with potatoes in the oven), will produce a delicate aroma and quickly collect at the table all hungry household members. In connection with the availability and cheapness of all components included in the recipe, this dish can be served on the table as a daily meal.
- In this article, we have resulted in only a few recipes for baking fish with potatoes. In fact, it is impossible to list them, since you can use a wide variety of products for baking fish: mushrooms, bell peppers, and even cauliflower.
- To obtain a crispy crust on the surface of the casserole, cheese, mixed with breadcrumbs, is often used: in this case it turns out not only beautiful but also crispy.
- Sometimes to speed up the process of cooking baked fish with potatoes use not raw, but pre-cooked potatoes: in addition to gain in time, this is reflected in the more delicate taste of the cooked casserole.
- When baking fish that has dry meat, the shape in which the dish is prepared is preferably covered with a special lid or foil sheet: this will prevent overdrying of the future casserole and help to cook really tasty food.
View video Recipe for a fish pie with potatoes in the oven:
Related videos:1:19Fish with potatoes baked in the oven |Or what to cook for dinner? How to cook fish. Fish with potatoes in the oven. Delicious!3:20Fish with potatoes in the oven