Women have always dreamed that their hands were well-groomed, and nails - neat, strong and beautiful. Today, there are many effective ways to change the appearance of nail plates, their shape and length. At the same time, if earlier such procedures were conducted exclusively in the salon, today more and more women are wondering how to increase their nails at home. And many are already successfully implementing their plan!
What is the buildup?
Decorative nail is a plastic plate, which was given a certain shape to make it look like a real nail. The procedure itself is carried out using 2 basic materials:
The difference between them is small and consists in the ways of solidification. Acrylic hardens after mixing powder and monomer. The gel is in a liquid state and becomes hard under the influence of ultraviolet. Modern gels are very thick and do not spread, but they do not harden instantly, like acrylic. Therefore, even a layman can perform gel build-up on his own.
The main advantage of acrylic is the ability to achieve the clarity of the lines and to give the product the desired shape. All this can not be obtained with the gel.
Professionals do not recommend acrylic nail build-up because of its toxicity. In the salon, acrylic can only be used in a cabinet equipped with a powerful hood. At home it is better to use a gel. It does not have such a sharp odor and is not as toxic as acrylic. The undoubted advantage is that it is really easier to manage a non-professional master with him.
Mainly used two techniques of nail extensions:
- on tips;
- on the forms.
Using tipes, you can speed up the process of building up to 2 times, but the result will not look very elegant. Such nails do not hold as well as those that were built on forms. The second method today is little used, despite the convenience.
Materials and tools
First you need to determine what you need to build. You need to take care of the presence of an ultraviolet lamp. It is used for all types of building.
If the build-up occurs with the help of acrylic, then the lamp is used only at the final stage of drying the coating. In this case, it will be enough to purchase a budget UV lamp, which is equipped with only one element with a power of 9 watts.
If you plan to design in a French style or build with colored gels, you will need to buy a lamp with more power, which has 4 elements, the performance of which is 36 watts.
In addition to the lamp during the procedure, the following tools will be needed:
- tips or molds, glue for them;
- scapula to which the cuticle is removed;
- brush with natural pile, drop-shaped( for acrylic distribution) or flat with artificial pile - for applying the gel;
- hard file with a grain size of 80 grit - for acrylic or 100 grit - for gel;
- tweezers will be needed when building on molds.
In addition, the following materials are required:
- gel or acrylic;
- primer is used for the strong adhesion of the decorative nail to the native;
- preparations for disinfection of tools, for example bacilli, and hand treatment liquid - kutasept;
- dehydrator - a means for drying the nail plate;
- bonder is the basis;
- acrylic powder;
- building gel;
- topcoat and, if necessary, an agent that will help cope with the tackiness of the finish coat.
Do not try to save on a disinfectant! The health of the nails depends on it. After all, when a gel or lacquer is applied to the nail plate, access to it is blocked. And if bacteria remain on its surface, they will be sealed. In this case, after removing the gel or acrylic nail can be in terrible condition.
Procedure for building on tips
Before increasing nails, you need to determine their shape:
- modern - pipe, stylet, age and bridget;
- classic - almond-shaped, oval, square, square with rounded edges.
The procedure is as follows:
- First disinfection of tools.
- Tipsy steal on the table, picking up the width for each nail.
- Give the types the desired shape.
- With the help of a metal spatula, the cuticles are removed.
- With a saw shorten the natural nail and remove the shine.
- Treat nail platinum with disinfectant and dry with dehydrator.
- Now you can start sticking tips. Carefully apply a small amount of glue on the nail.
- Tipsu is joined with a fingernail and, having made sure of its correct position, press. It is necessary to hold it for a while, so that the surfaces are seized.
- Similarly, glue all 10 nails.
- After a couple of minutes, you can apply a primer and a bander if the build-up is done with a gel.
- The nails are dried in a lamp for a couple of minutes. It is important not to overdry them, otherwise the effect of a beautiful manicure will be short.
- After preparation, you can apply a construction gel or acrylic. First, apply a layer of gel to the natural nail, and then continue to cover, but already pass to the plate. It is important to properly shape the nails. It depends on how beautiful the final result will be and how long artificial nails will last.
- To make the nail look perfect, you need to properly distribute the gel on the surface. In the center, the layer should be thicker, and towards the end, it is much thinner.
- The gel coat should be dried in a UV lamp.
- Apply another layer of gel coating, a couple of millimeters away from the cuticle and again dry all the lamp for 2-3 minutes.
- When the gel has solidified completely, the plate is neatly removed.
- The nails are trimmed and corrected with a saw blade.
- Now you can varnish the chosen shade or other decor at your discretion.
If the question is how fast to grow nails, it is better to choose technology with tips, rather than shapes.
Extension technique for
forms It is much more complicated and requires experience. But if you want, you can also master it. After all, the result is worth it, the manicure will really look spectacular and natural. The form performs a function of a pattern that allows you to achieve a perfect model for each nipple.
The procedure begins with the preparation of nail platinum, which goes the same way as in the case of building on tips. Step by step it looks like this:
- The form is folded in half and placed under the nail plate. Fixation occurs due to the adhesive edge.
- The material is applied on the same principle as for tiposov - in the center, more gel or acrylic is applied, and by the end - less.
- As long as the material does not dry, it can be corrected with a metal tweezer. They need to squeeze the nail slightly on the sides, giving it a more refined and elegant look.
The drying and adjustment procedures are no different from those that are carried out when building on tips.
To increase nails, you need to spend 3 to 4 hours. The procedure can not be performed in a hurry, since the final result in this case may look unpresentable.
Extension of nails to molds( video)
Contraindications to build-up of
In the presence of certain diseases, there is a great risk that artificial nails will not last long:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- circulatory disturbance;
- diffuse toxic goiter;
- severe stress;
- is allergic to materials used in the procedure;
- glitches in the hormonal system;
Extension can damage natural nails in the following cases:
- nail injury;
- is a viral infection of the nail and surrounding skin;
- sweating of hands.
In the presence of any disease or problem, this procedure is not recommended.
After the build-up of
After the nails are to be groomed:
- For 24 hours after the build-up of the hand, it is better not to wet, do not visit the pool or sauna, as the gel coating does not tolerate temperature changes, becoming brittle.
- First time manicure should be protected from mechanical damage, because together with artificial can suffer and native nails.
- Nutritive oil is rubbed into cuticles daily.
- Coating with a colorless varnish will help manicure longer always look fresh and well groomed. Thus, you can hide the overgrown fingernail, which already requires correction.
- Wash dishes and wash preferably in rubber gloves, so that the gel coating does not come into contact with household chemicals. This will help to save it and prolong the effect.
- You can carry out the correction yourself using a nail file and polisher. Use other tools, including scissors, not.
- Doing manicure at home on artificial nails, do not steam them in the water. To soften the cuticles use a special tool. For a rapidly growing cuticle, you need to buy a cream that will slow down this process.
- Do not do in the cabin hardware manicure. It weakens the artificial nails, making them brittle.
- If the build-up was done with acrylic, then do not use a nail polish remover containing acetone. This can lead to yellowing of the nail plate, the surface will become rough.
- Timely correction is mandatory.
If you build up quality and properly nail care after the procedure, you can hope for an excellent result, which will last at least 3 weeks.