Starting from 2-3 weeks of a newborn's life, parents face such problems as a baby's tummy and intestinal colic, accompanied by painful sensations and special anxiety. Bobotik - one of the most effective tools used in pediatrics for the treatment of flatulence, preventing the accumulation of gases in the gastrointestinal tract and alleviating pain.
- Advantages of
- Method of administration and dose
- Side effects of
- Interaction with other
- Emulsion simethicone( 30%);
- sodium saccharinate;
- monohydrate of citric acid;
- carmellose sodium;
- purified water;
- propyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- methyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- crimson flavor.
The emulsion of simethicone( 30%) in the amount of 222.2 milligrams is contained in the composition of 1 milliliter of the drug( about 27 drops), which determines the content of pure simethicone of 66.66 milligrams.
The bobotik is released in the form of drops for oral administration. Packed in bottles of dark glass of 30 milliliters with lids-droppers. It is a thick liquid of white or white with a cream color shade and a pleasant fruit aroma.
According to the instruction, the Bobotik is shown:
- Newborn with enhanced gas generation in the gastrointestinal tract. Intestinal spasms torment the toddlers in the process of adaptation with 3-4 weeks of life. The reason for this is increased gas formation in the gastrointestinal tract, since the digestive system is not yet ready to digest food and is not populated with the necessary amount of intestinal bacteria. Lactobacilli, which enter the stomach with mother's milk, cope with the digestion of milk to about 3 weeks of life, but the amount of food increases, and undigested residues are fermented. The gases released at this time cause bloating, accompanied by pain. The number of gas bubbles in the gastrointestinal tract can increase and by swallowing air during the feeding of the baby. The active substance Bobotika - simethicone, destroys the formed gas bubbles and promotes their removal from the body, and also prevents the formation of new ones. Part of the broken gas formations are absorbed into the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, the rest are excreted naturally.
- To prevent foam formation and image clarity in diagnostic studies of the abdominal cavity and pelvic organs such as gastroscopy, radiography, duodenoscopy, sonography. The bobotik reduces gas formation, which makes the image more clear in diagnostic studies of the intestine.
- With bloating in the postoperative period .
- For constipation in newborns, , which are accompanied by flatulence.
- For acute poisoning with detergents .As defoamer, Bobotik is used for poisoning with detergent, soap and other foaming substances. This situation can occur due to lack of proper attention to the child and non-compliance with the rules for storing detergents.
Along with similar drugs, several advantages can be distinguished: Bobotik:
- Affordable price.
- High concentration of simethicone, which leads to an economical consumption of the drug and a lower dosage that facilitates the administration of drops.
- Absence in the composition of sugar, as a result of which it can be used for diabetes mellitus.
- Pleasant taste and aroma.
- Absolute security. Bobotik does not come into contact with blood, does not react with gastric or intestinal juice, is not absorbed into the walls of the gastrointestinal tract and is removed from the intestine in its original form. Does not affect the acidity of the gastric juice, the digestion of food, the number of enzymes and microorganisms in the intestine.
- Suitable for long-term use, as it is not addictive.
In any case, before using the medication, consult a doctor.
Way of application and dose
Medicinal emulsion Bobotik is prescribed for application inside during and after a meal. Before direct intake, the vial of the drug should be shaken well until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. In order to correctly measure the dose of the medicine, the vial with droplets should be held vertically, directing the neck down. After opening, the vial with suspension should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 60 days.
With the accumulation of gas bubbles and their increased formation, dosage of the drug Bobotik is prescribed according to age. Bobotik begins to help as early as 15 minutes after ingestion.
- Breast and toddlers up to 2 years of age are shown 20 milligrams( 8 drops) of the drug 3-4 times a day.
- Babies from 2 to 6 years - 14 drops 4 times a day.
- Children over 6 years, adolescents and adults - 16 drops 4 times a day.
Newborn Drug Drops A bean can be given by diluting with a small volume of chilled boiled water, breast milk or baby food. As a rule, babies take the medicine without problems, because it has a pleasant aroma and sweet taste.
Treatment should be discontinued immediately after the symptoms disappear. It should be noted that babotobic neonates may experience constipation. This occurs in the case of frequent drops.
The day before the radiographic examination of the abdominal and pelvic organs, the Bobotik should be taken twice( morning and evening) 10 drops and again 3 hours before the procedure.
As an antidote for poisoning with detergents to children under 6 years of age, the Bobotik is used in a dosage of 40 to 160 drops. The drug should be washed down with a small amount of chilled boiled water.
If you experience recurrent gastrointestinal symptoms, consult your doctor.to table of contents ^
Botulin is contraindicated:
- to newborns until 28 days of life;
- for obstructive diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- with intestinal obstruction;
- with hypersensitivity to the drug.
In pregnancy and lactation, the drug should be used with caution.
Do not use Bobotik without first consulting a pediatrician, as the pain in the tummy can be inflammatory.
If vomiting, fever and other anxiety symptoms occur, call a doctor immediately.to the table of contents ^
Side effects of
In most cases, the use of Bobotik is well tolerated and does not cause side effects. Sometimes, newborns sensitive to the components of the drug may exhibit allergic reactions( urticaria, pruritus, skin rash).
Allergies are caused by the auxiliaries of the drug, most often it is raspberries - berry is a critical product for babies. In case of manifestation of characteristic symptoms, you should stop treatment and get advice from a specialist. To exclude allergies for the first time, give the baby a couple of drops and follow the body's reaction.to contents ^
Drops Babotik for newborns have a lot of analogues with active substance simethicone, for example, Espumizan, Sab Simplex, Disflatil.to contents ^
Interaction with other
preparations The bobotik practically does not affect the actions of other drugs in any way. In rare cases, violations of absorption of certain anticoagulants in tablets( Dicumarin, Warfarin and others) have been noted. In this regard, there may be a need to increase the dose of poorly absorbed anticoagulants.