Ginseng is a medicinal plant that has unique healing properties. In many countries it is called "the master of health," "the king of all plants," the "root of life," "the messenger of the gods," "the gift of heaven," etc. Ginseng is used to treat many diseases such as arthritis, gastritis, In addition, the plant has found its application in cooking, sports, cosmetology, for weight loss.
- composition and useful properties
- Men For
- diet during pregnancy
- sports in
- cooking in
- cosmetology For children
- Side effects
composition and useful properties
composition of ginsengis very rich and diverse, it includes the following elements: Vitamins B2, B6, C, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium, sulfur, silicon, peptides, molybdenum, manganese, iron, saponins, essential oils, fate acid and t. d.
Due to the large number of different components, the plant has a broad spectrum of medical properties. Preparations containing ginseng:
- Beneficial effect on the central nervous system.
- Reduces mental and physical fatigue.
- Increase working capacity.
- Increase the body's resistance to stressful situations and negative environmental influences.
- Improve appetite.
- Normalize the metabolism.
- Favorably affect the work of the pancreas.
- Normalize the work of internal organs - liver, intestines, adrenals.
- Improve memory and vision.
- Stimulate sexual function and are used to treat impotence, sexual dysfunction and female infertility.
- Reduces blood sugar.
- Promote rapid recovery of the body after severe illnesses or surgeries.
- Stimulates the activity of the glands of internal secretions.
- Strengthen reparative processes in the body.
Currently, there are 11 species of ginseng, in each of which - there are several subspecies. The most common are ginseng and Vietnamese real.
- American( five-leaved).
- Siberian( natural).
- Tablets. One tablet contains 100-500 milligrams of ginseng extract. Use them must be 1 piece 2 times a day, washed down with water.
- Capsules. The preparation contains ginseng extract( 100-500 milligrams) and excipients. According to the instructions for use, take capsules 2 times a day for 2 capsules before eating. The effect will be visible after 1.5-2 weeks.
- Granules. Dosage form of release, characterized by a faster action than the previous two. Doctors recommend the use of granules, if you need to quickly improve performance, remove fatigue and drowsiness, activate brain activity.
- Ampoules. One ampoule( 10 milliliters) contains a huge concentration of the plant. The drug is intended for oral administration: use once a day, pre-shaking and dissolving the contents of the ampoule in 200 milliliters of juice or water. The course of treatment can be no more than 20 days.
- Tincture. Under reduced pressure, neurasthenia, increased fatigue drug alcoholic tincture is taken on 20-25 drops 2 times a day on an empty stomach for 40 days.
- Extract. Dry powder yellowish color, very convenient to use, it can be diluted in water or added to food. In 1 gram of the drug contains many useful substances( approximately as in one root).The shelf life of the root extract is 2 years, provided that the storage regime is observed( in a dry, dark place).In case of moisture in the product, it loses its healing properties.
- Syrup has adaptogenic properties and is used to treat various diseases. It consists of an alcoholic tincture with the addition of water and fructose. The drug is used similarly tincture of ginseng on alcohol.
- Balm. Nourishes and strengthens hair follicles, facilitates combing, restores elasticity, smoothness and healthy radiant shine. Ginseng balm can be purchased in pharmacy chains. Massaging movements, apply evenly to wet, washed hair, stand for 4-5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Decoction. To prepare the product, it is necessary to cut 30 grams of ginseng root, put it in 500 milliliters of cold water and boil for 3-4 minutes. The broth can be used to treat chronic bronchitis after the end of an acute period. Eat 1 teaspoonful twice a day.
- Root. Is the main healing power of the plant. From it prepare broths, tincture or a powder which add in tea, various dishes, etc. Also on its basis pills, capsules and other medical preparations are made. The root of ginseng can be purchased at the pharmacy or grown independently, but this will take at least 6 years, since the plant sprouts into the second spring and reaches the healing power after 5 years of age.
- oil is used in most cases for skin and hair care. Oil well nourishes the skin, saturates it with useful vitamins and rejuvenates. According to the instructions, a small amount of the drug should be applied to the skin and left for 1 hour, after the face get wet with a napkin. If you rub the oil in the scalp, you can stimulate hair growth and improve their appearance. Paste is indicated for external use, it speeds up the healing process of calluses, wounds, relieves muscle pain, is an effective prevention of arthritis, protects against skin infections. To prepare the product you need 2 tablespoons finely chopped roots, pour 3 tablespoons of hot water and leave for 2-3 hours. After the time has passed, put it on a water bath and, stirring constantly, warm it to 60 degrees. A ready-made paste puts on problem areas.
Ginseng is a well-known fortifying, tonic and stimulant. It is used for such diseases as:
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Chronic pulmonary diseases.
- Vegeto-vascular dystonia.
- Overstrain, chronic fatigue.
- Diseases of the nervous system( neuroses, psychoses, neurasthenia).Flu, cold.
- Impotence, sexual dysfunction.
- Early stages of tuberculosis.
- Infertility( for women).
- Arthritis, accompanied by severe pain.
- Elderly as a general tonic and stimulant.
- Increased nervous excitability.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
- For inflammatory diseases of the skin, allergic rashes, purulent abscesses.
- Diseases accompanied by increased bleeding( including hemorrhagic diathesis).
- Convulsive conditions.
- Feverish syndrome on the background of acute infectious diseases.
- Acute period of infectious diseases.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Ginseng has the property of increasing the male desire and improvingquality of intimate life. In most cases, plant-based preparations are shown to men who have undergone intimate-sphere diseases, resulting in serious impairment of sexual function. Also, drugs with ginseng can be prescribed to men after 45 years of age as a natural biostimulator.
Saponin in ginseng significantly increases the sexual activity of men, while having a positive effect on the entire body as a whole. In addition, unlike drugs of similar influence on men's health, the use of plants does not "sit down" the heart at all, which is very important in adulthood.
As a rule, men rarely admit to problems of the sexual sphere, taking synthetic drugs that not only disrupt the normal functioning of the heart and kidneys, but also threaten the occurrence of numerous micro-strokes. Taking ginseng for 2 months can significantly increase male libido and increase the mobility of spermatozoa.
During therapy, it is not advisable to drink coffee, as this can lead to excessive stimulation and excitability of the male nervous system.to table of contents ^
For weight loss
Ginseng does not directly affect fat deposits, but in combination with physical loads this plant can really help. As you know, the plant stimulates the nervous system and increases stamina, which helps to withstand exhausting physical training and monotonous diets. In addition, substances contained in ginseng, activate metabolic processes, which is important for the process of losing weight.to contents ^
Ginseng has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system of a pregnant woman, it also helps in a short time to cope with infectious diseases and strengthens the weakened immunity of a future mother. However, the plant is capable of provoking premature birth and miscarriage, so it can only be taken under the prescription of the doctor and strictly in the indicated dosages.to table of contents ^
Many athletes take ginseng preparations to achieve better results. Scientifically proven that the means with the plant lower the pulse during exercise, enhance oxygen exchange, improve motor activity, reduce the level of lactic acid in the athlete's muscles after training, reduce fatigue with significant physical exertion, etc.
Unlike doping, ginseng feedsthe body, gives additional strength, without depleting its reserve stocks. Doping contributes to a surplus of vital energy from the reserve stocks of the body, which, with constant admission, leads to serious health consequences. However, you can take certain preparations containing ginseng in certain courses and in case there are no contraindications.
In the cooking of
From the very beginning the plant began to be used as a healing herb and an important ingredient in the cooking of the East. In China and Korea, ginseng took first place among medicinal and useful plants. In Asia, plant roots are consumed in large quantities, they are used fresh, cut and added to various dishes, boiled, fried, and the ginseng powder is used as a seasoning.
Today, in the food industry, ginseng is used as a biologically active additive for the preparation of various tonic drinks and jellies.
- Tea. The drink can be made from the dried root powder of the plant. Raw materials should be poured hot water in a ratio of 1:10 and insist 10 minutes. After that, tea should be filtered and drunk 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day for 20 minutes before eating. Such a tonic drink is taken as a preventive agent for 1 month. The course can be repeated after 30 days.
- Honey jelly with ginseng: grind the root of the plant, add honey to it in a ratio of 1:30 and leave to infuse at room temperature in a dark place for 10 days. Eat 3 times a day for 20 minutes before eating for 2 months. Jelly, cooked in this way, has many useful properties that have beneficial effects on the whole organism.
Ginseng has a lot of medicinal substances and vitamins, which have a beneficial effect on the condition of hair, nails and skin. Useful components restore, nourish and moisturize the skin, normalize metabolic processes, improve blood microcirculation, protect against premature aging, smooth fine wrinkles, restore skin elasticity, youth and beauty.
At home, from the root of the plant, you can prepare strengthening hair products and rejuvenating face masks.
- Face mask: dry the root to grind to a powdery state, pour 2 tablespoons of powder with boiling water to the consistency of thick sour cream. Then mix and warm the mass to 65-70 degrees. After that, cool, apply on clean skin and cover with a napkin. After 20-25 minutes, wash off the mask with warm water.
- Tincture for hair strengthening: fresh root of the plant peeled, finely chopped, dried, pour vodka in a ratio of 1:10 and put to infuse for 1.5 months, sometimes shaking the remedy. Ready tincture must be rubbed into the roots of hair and after 1 hour wash the hair with warm water. The course of treatment is 2-3 months.
- Water tincture for sensitive skin: 2 tablespoons of powdered root of the plant, pour 200 milliliters of boiling water, insist for 1 hour, strain and rub into the roots of hair.
Ginseng is contraindicated in children under the age of 18 years.to table of contents ^
Side effects of
- Stomach upset.
- Headache. Skin allergic reactions.
- Strengthens the action of drugs that dilute blood.
The following symptoms may indicate an overdose of preparations with ginseng:
- A sharp decrease or increase in pressure, chest pain, weakness. Dizziness and headache.
- Increased body temperature.
- Sleep disorder and nervous excitability.
- Nasal bleeding.
- Allergic rashes.
- Indigestion, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea and stomach pain.
- In case of an overdose, symptomatic treatment should be performed.