Argan oil is widely used in the manufacture of cosmetics for body, face and hair care. With fashion for natural ingredients, women began to look closely at the clean oils that are now sold in many stores. Argan has properties to moisturize the skin, smooth wrinkles and refresh the complexion, and therefore is considered to be one of the most universal.
- Chemical Composition
- Useful Properties
- Methods and Prescriptions for Use
- For Massage
- Cream Enrichment
- For Oily Skin
- For Dry Skin
- Against Wrinkles
- For the skin around the eyes
This oil is obtained from the fruits of argan tree. It grows only in the territory of Morocco, so it is much more expensive than other vegetable oils. The product is obtained by pressing fruits, this is done both manually and on an industrial scale. The chemical composition depends mainly on the degree of oil purification and on the quality of the raw materials. The main constituents of the oil are:
- Squalene is a natural antioxidant that enriches cells with oxygen, and prevents skin aging.
- Carotenoids - substances, the use of which, improves skin condition.
- Acids: stearic, palmitic, ferulic .They promote the rapid regeneration of skin cells, increase its tone.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-6 and omega-9 - improve the general condition of the body and skin when taking the oil inside.
- Triterpene alcohols - help to treat skin diseases.
- Vitamins E and F - increase the elasticity of the skin, nourish and moisturize it.
Argan oil when used on the face has the following useful properties:
- moisturizes both the upper and the deep layers of the skin;
- smooths fine wrinkles and improves the appearance of deeper;
- helps cope with various skin conditions that were not caused by bacteria or other microorganisms;
- promotes better skin adaptation to low temperatures in winter;
- with regular application levels and improves complexion;
- is involved in the healing of scratches, cuts, small wounds and skin lesions;
- acts as a weak ultraviolet filter on days with low solar activity.
In the homeland of oil, in Morocco, it is also used for cooking. It has both an instantaneous and a cumulative effect:
- removes accumulated toxins from the body;
- improves digestion;
- strengthens the immune system;
- enhances the male reproductive function;
- facilitates the condition of women during premenstrual syndrome;
- acts as the prevention of atherosclerosis and so on.
- increased sensitivity of the skin to high and low temperatures;
- presence of facial wrinkles, prevention of new ones;
- dry and combination skin, prone to contraction and peeling;
- fight with increased work of the sebaceous glands;
- propensity to small rashes, elimination of postacne;
- accommodation in dysfunctional environmental conditions;
- constant stress, lack of outdoor walks;
- dull complexion, the appearance of bags under the eyes and so on.
Methods and recipes for the application of
Most often, argan oil is added to face masks. Due to its high cost, it is not used as a basis, but as an additional tool that can enhance the effect. It can be added to any known recipes, depending on personal goals.
It fits well with clay mixtures, with fruits and with sour-milk products. Argan oil is used even for oily skin of the face, although the owners of this type at first can be very unusual. In addition to masks, it can be used in its pure form, to do with it a massage, and in case of skin diseases, even apply compresses.to contents ^
Oil in its pure form
Application of argan is allowed outside of any mixtures, and daily as a replacement for the cream. To apply argan oil on the face, it is most convenient to use a dispenser or a conventional pipette. Oil is applied either to the fingers, or directly to the face with the help of such a dispenser. The agent is spread smoothly throughout the skin. An hour later, you can get a face wet with a napkin to remove the remaining oil.
You can use cotton wheels, but most of the oil is absorbed into the material, and the valuable product disappears.to the table of contents ^
Argan oil for facial massage is distributed exclusively by fingers. It is necessary to move from the center to the edges: first massage the nose, then the forehead from the nose to the hairline, then the cheeks from the wings of the nose to the ears, complete with the chin. Thus it is necessary to do smooth circular motions by fingers. It is enough 5-7 minutes 2-3 times a week.to the table of contents ^
Enrichment of the cream
You can use this product as a home way to enrich your favorite cream. To do this, for 10 milliliters of cream, take 2-4 drops of oil, and mix everything. Use the mixture 1-2 times a day.
This method will also give a result, but much slower than using pure oil or mask. In the face cream, the argan oil should be added in small portions, selecting a separate container for the mixture. It is not necessary to make a mixture at once, it is better to cook it once every 1-2 weeks and store in the refrigerator to avoid an undesirable chemical reaction with the ingredients of the cream.to contents ^
masks to contents ^
For oily skin
- honey - 1 teaspoon;
- lemon juice - 5 milliliters( 1 teaspoon);
- kefir - 15 milliliters;
- argan oil - 4 drops.
Mix all ingredients and apply to cleansed face for 15 minutes. If the mixture is very liquid, you can add honey. The mask is washed off with cool water and a light cream is applied. Cosmetic effect will be achieved in a month. The procedure should be carried out 2 times a week in a period of weak solar activity.
For dry skin
- pulp of ripe peach - 2 teaspoons;
- argan oil - 5 drops.
Grind the peach in a puree and mix with butter. Apply the formula for 15 minutes per face. Extra juice can be squeezed. The mask should be used every evening course in 2 weeks, then make a break for a month.to table of contents ^
- peach seed oil - 10 milliliters;
- argan oil - 10 drops;
- blue clay - 1 teaspoon.
Ingredients should be mixed and applied to the face for 10 minutes, rinse with water and wash. After the mask, the skin can be lubricated. Use this care 1-2 times a week, until there are improvements.to table of contents ^
- argan oil - 5 milliliters;
- crushed avocado pulp - 1 tablespoon;
- sour cream or thick yogurt - 5 milliliters.
Mix all ingredients and apply on face for 15-20 minutes. This remedy is also suitable for improving the complexion. In both cases, the mixture should be used 2-3 times a week for 2 months. With a regular approach, the return of the beauty of the skin will not take long.to the table of contents ^
- honey - 1 teaspoon;
- argan oil - 5 milliliters;
- oat flour - 1 teaspoon;
- peach puree - 2 teaspoons;
- esters of rose and lavender - 2 drops each.
All mix and apply on face for 15 minutes.to the table of contents ^
For the skin around the eyes
Composition: argan, olive, almond oil - 5 drops each.
The oil base should be mixed and slightly heated, but it should not be hot. The mixture is gently pounded into the area under the eyes with the help of pads of ring fingers, special attention, focusing on the areas of facial wrinkles. It is necessary to move from the inner corner of the eye to the outer one. After an hour, the remains of oils can be removed with a napkin. Use 1-2 times a week.to table of contents ^
Argan oil-based contraindications usually do not. When using masks with this product, you must first take into account the reaction of the skin to other components. Allergic reactions to argan are not found, but before using the finished mixture it is better to check on the hand anyway. If after 5-10 minutes the skin does not turn red and other unpleasant reactions occur, then the mixture can be applied safely to the face.