The heyday of the pin-up( pinap) style occurred in the 30-40 years of the twentieth century. Pin-up was invented by an American artist and famous illustrator Charles Gibson, who created a picture of the American Dream( Gibson Girl).Then the image of the girl was introduced, as a sunny, appetizing and bright creation, bringing joy to the male gaze. If we talk about the classical style of pin-up, then we are talking about the fashion of the fifties of the last century.
Style is intended most for summer and warm spring and autumn days.
The pin-up style has common roots with many styles of the 50-60s, especially with the classic, vintage and retro. In the past, the style icon was the inimitable Marilyn Monroe. At the moment, an icon of this style is considered to be a star of burlesque, a photo model and singer Ditu von Teese.
For the style is characteristic:
- is the tightness in silhouettes;
- bright geometric prints( peas, stripes, cage, flower motifs and so on);
- bright color solutions;
- the splendor of short skirts;
- stockings with an arrow in the back;
- bright bandages, handkerchiefs and bows on the head;
- straps with badges;
- small oval bags on a long strap;
- square bags in the form of a travel bag;
- large horn-rimmed glasses from the sun;
- shoes with a thin stud;
- cord corsets.
The clothing of the pin-up style uses lightweight, soft and flowing materials( silk,chiffon, satin).Also more popular will be coarser fabrics: jeans, corduroy, cambric, cotton, linen. In one composite image of pin-up, fabric invoices can intertwine, complement each other.to the table of contents ^
Pin-up style clothes use mainly monophonic fabrics of natural tones: blue, pink, yellow, white. Colors: red and all the bright shades of red, blue, white in combination with black and other rich shades. Style allows you to make full use of fabrics with bright colors.
styles As with most modern pin-up styles, there are no clear limits and boundaries in the choice of styles in clothes, but it has its own distinctive features. Indomitable femininity is the main distinguishing feature of the image in style.
The best style is in the dress.
The most popular styles are:
- dresses with high waist;
- fitted skirt with an overstated waist;
- fitted dresses A-line;
- skirt pencil;
- fitted shortened outerwear;
- short flared and lush skirts;
- short flared and curvy dresses;
- shorts are micro-high waisted.
Pin-up shoes include classic: heeled shoes, high-heeled sandals, t-shirts and ballet flats, open-toed shoes or open heels.
The most popular accessories to complement the image in the pin-up style:
- large sunglasses of different shapes( square, cat's eyes and so on);
- narrow and wide belts;
- colored ribbons;
- bright headscarves;
- flowers and bows on the head;
- oval bags on a long strap;
- square bags by bag type;
- summer light hats;
- massive bracelets and beads from large bright beads;
- massive earrings-beads;
- lace scarves;