The topic of potty training is one of the most popular both in women's forums and in real life. There are a lot of tips on how quickly and "painlessly" to instill the crumbs of the foundation of "pottery science" and keep the healthy nervous system of the mother. But, one way or another, problems with the pot arise in almost every family. And most importantly - in time to choose the right tactics for their resolution.
When to start learning
Most often, in the first year of life, the little ones are not particularly puzzled by the "pot theme".But, after the first birthday of crumbs, this issue is increasingly on the agenda. When to start? What time to teach a child to a pot?
Of course, you can start and ahead of time, but a positive result will still come not earlier than this period. And all because before the age of 18 months, babies simply can not control the excretory processes.
To understand that your baby is ready for the process of training, it is possible by the following signs:
- the baby agitates quickly, gets up, sits down;
- knows how to remove and put on panties;
- can make it clear what it needs;
- understands and reacts to adult speech;
- during the daytime sleep is not written, remaining dry and more than 2 hours in a row during wakefulness;
- him uncomfortable in wet or soiled underwear.
These skills are not tied to a specific age of the baby, and can manifest themselves both earlier and later. Therefore, it is not necessary to drag the child to the pot just because he has already become a two-year-old - a little patience, observation, and mom will understand when the right moment comes.to contents ^
Which pot to choose
Today's assortment of pots literally amazes with its variety: vivid, musical, singing, flashing. .. But all these newfangled devices are nothing more than a marketing move aimed at increasing sales.
In fact, the child needs the most ordinary pot, which must be:
- Resistant so that a small fidget from it does not fall off and is not injured. The most optimal model is with an expanded base.
- Durable and smooth. The plastic from which the pot is made must be of the highest quality, without a sharp odor, cracks, roughness, sharp corners and irregularities.
- Convenient for a child of a certain sex: girls prefer a round model, for boys - oval.
At the same time, it is important that the pot is not too heavy and cumbersome, because the crumb will want to pour out its contents on its own. For those who lead an active lifestyle, designed pots designed specifically for travel.to the table of contents ^
Tips for preparing
Mom, who begins the process of training the baby to the pot, you should stock up on a huge amount of patience. First of all, you need to prepare a baby:
- Explain that he is already an adult, and will now go to the toilet, like all adults. Conduct an excursion to the bathroom, show the toilet, explaining why it is needed. Next to the adult "unit" you can put a bit of potty and again explain that from now on he will write and only roll there.
- In an accessible form, explain to the child what is needed for its excretory organs and that it is unpleasant and not useful in wet clothes, and all your "affairs" need to be done in a pot.
- In the active period of training it is important that the pot is always in close proximity to the baby. To this end, you can acquire several copies, or constantly move it from one room to another.
In addition, it is important for parents to remember a few simple rules that must be followed during the training process:
- Do not start if the baby is not healthy or restless( the teeth are chopped, the breastfeeding process is over, the age crisis is "raging" and so on);
- Do not scream at the child, do not scold, do not be ashamed and do not punish him for "blunders";
- Make sure that the "potty" theme causes the crumbs only pleasant emotions;
- Do not make the baby, especially not forced by force to sit on the pot.
Ways of accustoming
As a rule, the process of mastering a crumb "potter's science" is a long-term thing. Nevertheless, today there are several methods that allow to shorten the time of this "event" to 7, 3, and even 1 day.to contents ^
For 7 days
The technique suits children who already know how to remove their panties and put them back on, they know how the body parts are called and perform the simple instructions of adults. Recommendations for parents are painted daily.to the table of contents ^
The first day of the
Begins with the "solemn" removal of the diaper after a night's sleep with the words that the crumb is already quite grown up and will learn to do without it. Fears that it will be rather problematic to accustom a child to a pot after diapers is vain. As a rule, children at this age are already able to understand information about their excretory functions, control them and eventually learn to manage without this "accessory".
Then on the child put on panties( well, if they are with the image of a favorite character from the cartoon or fairy tale), and every half hour it is planted on a pot. Parents should try to enthrall the baby so that he can sit on the pot and "give a result."Any, even the most insignificant success, should deserve praise, and failure - in any case not to be condemned.to the table of contents ^
The second day of
It is aimed at consolidating the acquired skills;to the table of contents ^
A walk without diapers is added, before which the baby must be put on the pot, and on the street from time to time to ask if the kid wants to write. In the case of a positive answer, you can go with the baby "under the bush", but it is better to carry a compact "copy" for traveling, until the child learns to tolerate it.
From the fourth to the seventh day
There comes a time when the child is already asking for a pot, or sits down on his own. During this period, the main task of parents is to remind the crumb of the toilet, not to scold "bobble" and encourage for success.to the table of contents ^
For 3 days
The method is aimed at teaching children who are already 2 years old and they are able to:
- safely keep the laundry dry for at least 1-2 hours;
- have lost the habit of diapers;
- go "big" every day at about the same time.
Great importance is given to the preparatory stage, in which a crumb is held conversation: he is explained that he has already grown up, in the daytime will wear panties instead of diapers, "write" and "poke" on the pot. After that, the mother should devote 3 days exclusively to communication with the baby, without being distracted by any household matters.to table of contents ^
The first day of
Mom should constantly watch the baby and with any hints of a desire to go to the toilet, substitute him with a pot. Failures to ignore, praise success. Before going to bed at night - planting, then put on the diaper.to the table of contents ^
The second day of the
To the usual "action plan" is added an exit for a walk with a baby sitting in front of her and the opportunity to return home if necessary. It would be superfluous to grab a set of change clothes in case of an "accident".And do not forget to praise!to the table of contents ^
Add a second exit for a walk. At home, the toddler lands after waking up and before packing. Often it is now the baby begins to try to walk on the pot alone. It is important to make sure that his clothes are comfortable for removing the donning back. After a few days, you can try to give up diapers at bedtime.
To teach a child to walk on a pot at night, it is necessary, first, to limit the amount of liquid drunk shortly before sleep, secondly - to observe when exactly at night he pisses, and for a while to lift it and plant it on a pot. As a rule, after several similar "ups", the baby develops the habit of going to the toilet at a certain time, and he will already wake up himself.to the table of contents ^
For 1 day
There are times when it is necessary to teach a child to do their "business" on a pot quickly. It is for such purposes that this technique has been developed.
Mom allocates the whole day for "making friends" of the baby with the pot. First, on the pot, the favorite toy sits down, "pisses", the crumb pours the contents into the toilet bowl and praises the toy. Then the crumb tries to sit on the pot himself, repeating the attempts with a periodicity about once in half an hour.
In the case of an "accident" in the form of wet panties, mother is upset( without screaming and swearing), again reminds the child that it is necessary to write on a pot, that it is uncomfortable to walk wet and so on. When the kid is coping with the task in hand, his mother is actively praising him, and encourages him with delicious food.
To speed up the learning process, it is recommended that you drink as much juice as possible on this day with juices, water, a cup of amusing drinkers or mugs.
Some children already by the end of the second day themselves run to the pot, while others may take a longer time. Mom's task - a few days after the "active" training to remind the kid about the need to sit down on the pot.
Reasons for the resistance of the baby
Sometimes the child, despite all the persuasions of his parents, categorically does not want to "recognize" the pot, react with loud criesand weep even at his appearance. There may be several reasons for this behavior.
- Discomfort and unpleasant emotions from the "first acquaintance": the baby was sharply seated on a pot without preparation and explanations;the pot was cold;played loud music( if the pot is musical) and the like.
- Fear of punishment: the crumb was severely scolded, or even struck because of "toilet" cases, after which he causes fear and fear all that is connected with this.
- Protest: when parents have too much control over all areas of the baby's life, he subconsciously tries to "leave" at least some sort of independence. And, since the excretory functions are the only thing, but that mom or dad can not influence in any way, the crumb uses this, doing "deeds" by as if intentionally.
- Attention deficit: if the kid is paid attention only in rare cases, and the "pot" theme in the family is cultivated, with the help of "blunders" he tries to fill the gap, albeit with a tinge of negativity.
- Painful sensations: children with constipation often associate pain during stool with a bowl, and therefore do not want to sit down on it.
If the toddler is afraid of the pot
In cases where the parents do not behave correctly in the process of accustoming the baby to the pot, he may have fear of this object. That is why, at the stage of preparing the child for the fact that soon he will "write" and "kick" on the pot, it is important to show maximum attention, goodwill and patience.
If the fear of the baby has a psychological background, you should as soon as possible contact a psychologist who will help your child deal with all fears and overcome anxiety.
In cases where fear is associated with pain, a visit to the doctor is required, which will prescribe the necessary examination and treatment regimen.
Do not think that the reluctance of crumbs to "recognize the pot" is just a temporary whim, and try to correct the situation with the help of forceful methods of upbringing. Such a delusion is fraught with only an aggravation of the situation and can often lead to serious problems with health.