Before the birth of a child, it is very important to prepare for him not only clothes, but also preparations that will help with the diseases and facilitate the adaptation of the baby to the new environment. The list of items included in the first-aid kit includes medicines, care products and hygiene products, as well as some near-medical products.
- Antipyretic drugs
- Paracetamol( Daleron, Dolomol, Iphimol, Culpol, Panadol, Tylenol, Cefecon, Efferalgan)
- Ibuprofen( Advil, Bofen, Ibupron, Ibufen, Nurofen)
- Acne MarisBebi( Akvalor Baby, Marimer, Morenazal)
- Otrivin Baby drops for irrigation of the nasal cavity
- Nazivin Sensitiv( Sanorinchik)
- Nasol Baby
- Otirin Baby drops vasoconstrictive 0,05%
- Tsetirizin( Zyrtec)
- Erius( Lordestin, Eden)
- Means intestinal colic
- dill water
- Baby Calm
- Bobotik( Espumizan Baby)
- Sab simplex
- Espumizan L
- Means constipation
- Lactulose( Dufalac, Normase, Portalak)
- Glytelax( Glycerin Suppositories, Glycerol, Amed)
- Skin Care Products for the Diaper
- Bepanten( D-Panthenol, Dexpanthenol, Pantoderm,)
- Desitin( Zinc Ointment)
- Antiseptic and Disinfectants
- List of near-medical goods
- Hygiene products
- Other accessories
Some manufacturers offer already assembled sets in plastic containers called "Mom and Baby First Aid Kit" or "Maternal and Child's First Aide".However, their content is very limited, and will not provide all the needs of the newborn.
Preparations for babies are available in the form of solutions, syrups, suspensions, rectal suppositories( suppositories), powders. Drugs in tablets or capsules to newborns and small children are not suitable.
Designed to normalize body temperature, increased due to colds or eruption of baby teeth. It is desirable to have several drugs with different active substances.
Homeopathic preparation based on chamomile pharmacy, belladonna, nightshade, plantain, lumbago, and calcium carbonate. Produced in the form of rectal suppositories.
It is used as an antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agent for respiratory infections in children, as well as to alleviate the condition when the teeth are erupted.
Children under 1 month are prescribed ¼ suppository 4-6 times a day;at the age of 1-6 months - 0.5-1 candles, but not more than 2 suppositories per day;over 6 months - 1 suppository 4 times a day, if necessary, the daily dose is increased to 6 suppositories.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
Paracetamol( Daleron, Dolomol, Iphimol, Caulpol, Panadol, Tylenol, Cefecon, Efferalgan)
The active ingredient is paracetamol. The form of release - a solution, a syrup, a suspension, suppositories rectal on 100 milligrammes.
In addition to antipyretic, has analgesic and weak anti-inflammatory effect.
The dosage for children under 1 month is prescribed by the doctor individually. Children age from 1 month to take 10-15 milligrams per kilogram of body weight with a period between meals of at least 4 hours, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 60 milligrams per kilogram of weight. Do not use for more than 3 days.
Side effects: pallor of the skin, allergic rashes, sweating, vomiting, diarrhea.
Ibuprofen( Advil, Bofen, Ibupron, Ibufen, Nurofen)
The active ingredient is ibuprofen. Produced in the form of a solution, suspension, drops for oral administration, rectal suppositories.
In addition to the ability to reduce body temperature, it has analgesic and small anti-inflammatory activity.
For children under 3 months of age, the doctor determines the dose. Children from 3 months to take 10 milligrams per kilogram of body weight with an interval of at least 6 hours and a maximum daily dose of up to 40 milligrams per kilogram of weight. Duration of treatment - up to 3 days.
Side effects: allergic rashes, dyspnea, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
Remedy for runny nose and nasal congestion
For newborns, drugs are used exclusively in the form of nasal drops.
Saline solutions are the safest;Effective in a cold, not accompanied by nasal congestion.
Vasodilators effectively eliminate mucosal edema and shortness of breath, but their use is fraught with side effects and requires agreement with the doctor.
Aqua Maris Baby( Aqualor Baby, Marimer, Morenazal)
Active ingredients - sea sterile water( 3.5% salt) and distilled purified water.
The preparation liquefies mucus, softens crusts, rinses nasal passages, resulting in reduced secretion concentration, allergens are eliminated, nasal breathing is facilitated.
For the hygiene of the nasal cavity and prevention of catarrhal diseases, instill 1-2 drops in each nasal passage 2 times a day. For the treatment of the common cold, use 2 drops each time 4 times a day. If there is severe stuffiness or excessive discharge, you can wash the nose with the solution, eliminating the emitted contaminants and excess fluid with a napkin or aspirator. Before instillation the bottle should be held in hands for several minutes to bring the temperature of the solution closer to body temperature.
Side effects: allergic reactions to seawater components( itching, increased secretion or increased nasal congestion).
Otrivin Baby drops for irrigation of the nasal cavity
Active substance - sodium chloride( isotonic saline solution).It is available in the form of a dropper bottle for washing the nasal passages.
Child put on the back and enter 2-4 drops( or the entire contents of the bottle - according to the situation) into both nostrils alternately, turning the baby's head to the side. After the procedure of the child, lift and remove excess liquid with a tissue or aspirator.
Side effects: local allergic manifestations( itching, increased secretion, increased nasal congestion).
Active ingredients are phenylephrine and dimentindene.
Is a combined vasoconstrictor used for swelling of the nasal mucosa due to respiratory diseases, acute and allergic rhinitis, sinusitis.
Children under 1 year instill 1 drop 2-4 times a day. Duration of reception - no more than 7 days.
Side effects: sleep disorders, nausea, allergic manifestations.
Nazivin Sensitiv( Sanorinchik)
The active ingredient is oxymetazoline hydrochloride.
Introduce 1 drop into each nasal passage, but not more than 3 times a day. Do not use for longer than 3 days.
Adverse effects: sneezing, cough, dryness and redness of the mucosa, palpitation, increased excitability, sleep disturbance, nausea.
The active ingredient is phenylephrine hydrochloride.
A single dose for children under 1 year is 1 drop intranasally, no more than 1 time in 6 hours. The course of treatment is no more than 3 days.
Side effects: sweating, pale skin, local reactions( burning, tingling in the nose), sleep disturbance, palpitations, increased blood pressure.
Otrivin Baby drops vasoconstrictive 0.05%
Active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride.
Used for diseases of ENT organs associated with increased secretion and mucosal edema. Apply 1 drop in each nasal passage 2-3 times a day, but not longer than 10 days.
Side effects: local reactions( dryness or irritation of the mucosa, sneezing).
Used for the prevention and treatment of allergic diseases, skin pruritus caused by dermatoses, eczema, urticaria. Effective with insect bites, solar and household burns of mild degree. When rashes on the skin in children under 1 month, usually use local drugs that are applied externally( preferably on a layer of baby cream).From the age of 1 month you can take drugs in the form of drops and syrups.to contents ^
The active substance is dimethindene maleate. Form release - gel for external use, drops for oral administration.
To children of the first month of life, the dosage is prescribed by a doctor, children from 1 month to 1 year old take 3-10 drops 2-3 times a day or apply the gel 2-4 times a day. Do not use externally for large areas of skin damage.
Side effects: when applying gel, dryness or burning sensation of the skin is possible;when taking drops, drowsiness, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness, agitation, skin rash, swelling may occur.
The active ingredient is cetirizine hydrochloride. Produced in drops for oral administration.
Children 6-12 months take 5 drops once a day. For children of an earlier age, the dosage is set by the pediatrician, usually it is 2 drops 1 time per day for children up to 3 months and 3-4 drops 1 time per day for children 3-6 months.
Side effects: skin rashes and itching, dizziness, drowsiness or agitation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, palpitations, urinary incontinence or retention.
The active ingredient is chloropyramine hydrochloride. The form of release - tablets.
In agreement with the doctor, children 1-6 months old take ¼ tablets, powdered and mixed with liquid, 1-2 times a day.
Side effects: lethargy, irritability, convulsions, nausea, urinary retention, cardiac rhythm disturbance.
Erius( Lordestin, Edem)
The active substance is desloratadine. Produced in the form of syrup.
Children 6-12 months to take 2 milliliters of syrup 1 time per day. For children of an earlier age, the dosage is prescribed by the doctor.
Side effects: dry mouth, diarrhea, insomnia, fever.
Remedies for intestinal colic
There are two types - preventive and stopping colic. The basis of the first includes plant extracts, which help reduce gas production. The second group includes preparations with the active substance simethicone, which splits the gases into small bubbles, thereby weakening the intestinal wall tension. They should be administered directly during the seizure period.to contents ^
The active ingredient is fennel fruit. The form of the release is granules for the preparation of a solution for oral administration.
Content of 1 sachet( 5 grams) is dissolved in 100 milliliters of water and consumed after meals or in breaks between feedings. Newborns and children under 1 year old take 1-2 packets a day, breaking them into 2-4 meals.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
The active ingredient is the essential oil of dill pharmacy( fennel) or dill vegetable. The form of release - bottles of 100 milliliters.
Children from 2 weeks of age take 1 teaspoon 3-6 times a day.
Side effects: allergic manifestations, diarrhea.
Active ingredients - vegetable oils of dill, anise, mint. It is available as a solution for oral administration.
The preparation should be diluted with water in accordance with the instructions and give the child 10 drops before each feeding.
Side effects: allergic reactions, diarrhea.
Bobotik( Espumizan Baby)
The active ingredient is simethicone. Drops for oral administration.
Children aged from 28 days to 2 years take 8 drops 4 times a day.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
The active substance is simethicone. Suspension for oral administration.
Newborns and children under 1 year of age should be given 10-15 drops before or during feeding 3-5 times a day.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
The active ingredient is simethicone. Emulsion for oral administration.
Newborns and children under 1 year old give 10-25 drops 3-5 times a day before or after feeding. It is undesirable to use the drug for more than 3 months.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
A doctor should decide whether to use such drugs in children under 1 year of age.to table of contents ^
Lactulose( Dufalac, Normase, Portalalac)
The active ingredient is lactulose. Form release - syrup.
Is a preparation of laxative effect, obtained by deep processing of human breast milk. Promotes an increase in the number of lactobacilli in the intestine, softens the stool mass, improves intestinal motility.
Newborns and children under 1 year old take 5 milliliters 1 time per day after meals, preferably in the morning.
Side effects: flatulence, nausea, diarrhea.
Glytelax( Glycerin Suppositories, Glycerol, Amed)
The active ingredient is glycerol( also called glycerol).The form of release - suppositories rectal for 0,75 grams of active substance.
Provides lubrication of the intestines and facilitates excretion of stool.
Children from 3 months to apply 1 candle, for children of an earlier age the dosage is set by the pediatrician, usually it is 1 / 3-1 / 2 suppository. The drug is a one-time aid, it is not recommended to use it more than once in 3 days.
Side effects: irritation, burning sensation, nausea, vomiting, with prolonged use - a violation of natural urge to defecate.
Means for processing the skin under the diaper
Designed for the prevention and treatment of diaper rash, sweating, diaper dermatitis, as well as minor skin lesions( scratches, abrasions), burns. Suitable for lubricating cracked nipples in lactating women.to contents ^
Bepanten( D-Panthenol, Dexpanthenol, Pantoderm,)
The active ingredient is dexpanthenol. Form release - cream, ointment.
Apply to the buttocks of the baby after each diaper change or diaper.
Side effects: allergic reactions( redness of the skin, itching).
Desithin( Zinc ointment)
The active ingredient is zinc oxide. Form release - cream, ointment.
Apply to skin after each diaper change or diaper.
Side effects: allergic manifestations.
Antiseptic and disinfectants
Intended for fighting microorganisms.
- Medical alcohol or Sterilium - used for hand treatment and disinfection of the instrument.
- Hydrogen peroxide 3% and a solution of brilliant green 1%( green) - for processing umbilical wound. It can be replaced with a solution of chlorophyllipt, it does not cause burning sensation.
- Iodine 5% - also used for disinfection.
- Potassium permanganate( manganese) - disinfects and dries the skin, is used to treat any wounds, prevents the spread of sweats.
- Plaster bactericidal.
List of near-medical goodsto the table of contents ^
- Diapers - for absorbing the feces of the baby. You can make it yourself from fabric or buy ready-made, with a gel-filler, which prevents leakage. To avoid irritation on the skin of a newborn, change the diaper after each bowel movement.
- Wadded disks - for washing the child, rubbing the genitals.
- Sterile cotton wool - curled into turundas( flagella) and used to clean the ears and nose.
- Cotton buds - for pinpointing of various preparations on the skin. It can not be used for cleaning the ear and nasal passages - in newborns they are small and easily injured.
- Baby soap - must be hypoallergenic.
- Washcloth for washing the child - made of soft foam rubber.
- Baby cream or oil - used to moisten the skin of the baby during peeling, for massage.
- Vaseline oil - used to lubricate the tip of the gas pipe or syringe, soften the crust on the head of the newborn, eliminate irritation of the nasal sinuses. You can replace it with vegetable( olive, sunflower).
- Powder( talc, cream or ointment) under the diaper - to prevent diaper rash, is used for each diaper change.
- Wet wipes - suitable for emergencies when there is no possibility to wash the child with water.
- Herbs - decoctions of plants are added to the bath for the child. The alternation, chamomile, calendula soothe irritated skin, prevent the occurrence of rashes. Valerian, motherwort improves sleep.
- Nail care kit: scissors( preferably special, with rounded edges), nippers( for cutting nails and burrs), nail file.
- Aspirator nasal - device for removing mucus( snot) from the nasal passages of the baby.
- Thermometer electronic - for measuring the temperature of the child's body.
- Thermometer alcohol - to measure the temperature of the water when bathing the baby.
- Syringe for 25 milliliters - used for constipation in a newborn.
- Gas outlet tube - facilitates the child's condition with colic, flatulence.
- Pipette - for the administration of medications in the ears or nose.
- Dispenser - can be in the form of a syringe or a measuring spoon to accurately measure the amount of medication prescribed by the doctor.
- Respirators, cotton-gauze dressings - used by the mother in case of her illness, and also by other persons, to avoid getting pathogens into the baby's body.
- Bint sterile - for compresses, bandages.
- Sterile wipes - for umbilical wound treatment.