Artichoke is a large herbaceous plant, up to 2 meters high. It is a valuable nutritional and curative product. In food, its half open inflorescences, similar to baskets, are used. Artichoke is often called "royal delicacy" or "aristocratic prickle", but all because earlier it was available only to very wealthy people. At present, anyone can include it in his menu. But, you need to know its useful properties, contra-indications and cooking rules.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- Wine infusion
- Broth rhizomes
- tincture therapeutic collecting
- In diseases cavity
- mouth When
- impotence When flatulence and constipation
- Hair loss
- Contraindications and side effects
- Harvesting and storage
- Preserving in oil
Artichoke is useful, low-caliberiynym product. Per 100 grams of the product accounts for only 50 kilocalories. Glycemic index - 25. It contains a sufficient amount of carbohydrates, fiber and vegetable protein, with almost no fat. In its chemical composition:
- Vitamins A, C, E, PP, K, group B;
- Macro and trace elements: sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, iron, selenium, iodine, sulfur, zinc and copper;
- Phosphates, flavonoids, tannins and mucous substances, enzymes, essential oils;
- Acids: glycolic, quinine, caffeine, chlorogenic and glycerin.
- Inulin, a substance that restores beneficial intestinal microflora and lowers blood sugar levels;
- Tsinarin, which improves the activity of the brain, and also has a diuretic, choleretic and diaphoretic effect.
The product has the most beneficial effect on the human body:
- Removes excess fluid, eliminating edema;
- Quickly removes the symptoms of various poisoning;
- Combats allergic reactions;
- Regulates the activity of the gastrointestinal tract and the production of bile;
- Relieves flatulence;
- Increases potency;
- Restores the normal functioning of the kidneys and liver;
- Cleans from toxins, heavy metals and alkaloids;
- Saturates with vitamins and minerals;
- Stops hair loss and stimulates their growth;
- Increases appetite;
- Reduces blood pressure;
- Relieves hangover syndrome;
- Normalizes the work of the cardiovascular and nervous system.
Artichoke and medications on its basis are useful and shown:
- for liver and kidney diseasesfor cell regeneration;
- for normalization of the gastrointestinal tract;
- for strengthening the nervous system;
- for rheumatism and atherosclerosis;
- for the treatment of scurvy and stomatitis;
- in cases of jaundice;
- for heart disease;
- for serum sickness;
- for urticaria, eczema, allergies, psoriasis;
- for impotence and thrush;
- for the recovery of the body in the shortest time in the postoperative period.
In addition to industrial medicines from artichoke( extract, extract, tablets, resin, etc.), traditional medicine is also used for treatment, which you can prepare yourself. But, before you start using them, you should always consult with your doctor. Self-medication can cause serious harm to health.to the table of contents ^
To prepare an alcoholic artichoke tincture you need: pour 500 grams of dried leaves and flowers with a liter of vodka, send for 2 weeks in a dark and cool room, after the time has passed. For treatment, take 1 tablespoon of the formula, diluted in 100 milliliters of water, 3 times a day.
Alcohol tincture is used for the treatment of liver diseases, cleanses the body of harmful substances, removes swelling, eliminates constipation and flatulence, strengthens the immune and nervous system.to contents ^
For the preparation of wine infusion, 200 grams of artichoke rhizomes should be placed in a saucepan and filled with a liter of home red wine. Transfer the container to the stove, bring the mixture to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. After this, the composition is cooled and filtered. Take 2 tablespoons 4 times a day for 2 weeks. After a short break, the treatment can be repeated. Keep in the refrigerator. Wine infusion is used to normalize the liver, biliary tract and gastrointestinal tract.
Decoction of rhizomes
To make a decoction of rhizomes of artichokes, take 2 tablespoons of dry raw material, pour a liter of boiling water and insist for one hour. After that, the broth filter and drink 100 milliliters several times a day. Its use helps to lower the level of cholesterol and sugar in the blood.to the table of contents ^
Tincture of the medical fee
In order to compose a medical treatment you need to take dry leaves of artichoke, mint, gentian, white willow bark and fennel seeds in equal quantities. Raw materials thoroughly crushed and mixed.200 grams of collection pour 500 milliliters of vodka, send to a dark place for a week, and then drain. Use the obtained tincture of 1 teaspoon 2 times a day for 2 weeks to treat rheumatism and atherosclerosis.to contents ^
Juiceto table of contents ^
For oral diseases
Freshly squeezed artichoke juice and honey, put together in equal parts. The composition should be used as a rinse.to contents ^
Freshly squeezed juice from roots and leaves of artichoke take 1/4 cup 2 times a day.to table of contents ^
With meteorism and constipation
Mix 1 raw egg yolk and the same amount of freshly squeezed artichoke juice. Take the mixture before going to bed.to the table of contents ^
With hair loss
Daily for a month, rub artichoke juice into the scalp and leave it for several hours, and then rinse with warm water.to table of contents ^
Contraindications and side effects of
Contraindications for the use of artichoke and medications include:
- Acute exacerbation of liver and kidney diseases;
- Inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract, as well as gastritis and ulcer;
- Allergic reaction;
- Individual intolerance;
- Hypotension( low blood pressure);
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Procurement and storage of
There are about 150 artichoke species, of which only 40 are cultivated plants suitable for consumption and treatment. Fresh artichokes very quickly lose their taste qualities and useful properties and they can be stored on the shelf of the refrigerator for no more than 2-3 days, therefore it is recommended to use numerous ways of preparing them.to contents ^
For drying, harvest the plant completely, since all its parts contain useful and therapeutic substances. Sheets and flowers need to be collected during flowering, during this period they are most useful. After collection, they should immediately be placed in a dryer or oven and dried until ready at a temperature of not more than 50 degrees. If there is no such possibility, then it is necessary to place the raw material in a shady place, having spread out a thin layer on paper.
Artichoke rhizomes are harvested in autumn, only after the plant completely fades. The artichoke should be carefully excavated, the roots separated, the remains of the soil removed from them and thoroughly washed in running water. After that they are dried just like leaves and flowers. Correctly harvested raw artichoke retains its useful properties throughout the year.to contents ^
- Artichokes( young) - 20 pieces;
- Water( for marinade) - 2 liters;
- Sugar - 200 grams;
- Salt - 1 tablespoon;
- Table vinegar - 1 liter;
- Garlic - 5 large teeth;Pepper spicy - 1 small pod;
- Lemon - 2 pieces;
- Bay leaf - 5 pieces;
- Carnation - 10 pieces;
- Pepper fragrant - 10 pieces;
- Olive oil is 500 milliliters.
Method of preparation:
- Cut off the artichokes and clean them so that only light yellow petals remain on them.
- Prepared heads cut into halves.
- From the lemon squeeze the juice into a pot of water, and put artichokes on it for half an hour.
- Garlic and chopped pepper.
- Boil water for the marinade, add vinegar, garlic, hot pepper and spices, season with salt and sugar.
- Add artichokes to the marinade and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Finished artichokes spread on sterilized liter jars, pour hot marinade, sterilize for 15 minutes and cap with metal covers.
- Cooled cans should be stored in a dark and cool place.
This workpiece is perfectly combined with meat, fish, rice and any vegetables. It can be added to various casseroles, soups and salads.to contents ^
- Artichokes - 2 kg;
- Water( boiled) - 2 liters;
- Salt - 50 grams;
- Artichokes wash, cut off stems and old petals, cut into halves.
- Banks are well washed and sterilized, put a little salt and spices on the bottom.
- Put the prepared artichokes in a container, evenly pouring them with salt, compact.
- Fill cans with cold water, cover with plastic covers.
- Store the workpiece preferably in the refrigerator.
Salted artichokes can be used as an independent dish, as well as in a variety of snacks, salads and soups( saltwort, rassolnik).to contents ^
Preservation in oil
- Artichokes - 2 kg;
- Water - 1 liter;
- Wine vinegar - 10 glasses;
- Lemon - 2 pieces;
- Garlic - 5 large teeth;Pepper spicy - 3 pieces;
- Sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- Salt - 2 tablespoons;
- Olive oil - 5 glasses;Dill( seeds) - 2 tablespoons;Pepper fragrant - 1 tablespoon;
- Bay leaf - 5 pieces;
- Greens( dill, basil).How to prepare:
- Artichokes clear of tails and extra leaves, cut into 4 pieces and pull out of the middle a coarse fibrous part.
- Put pieces of artichokes for half an hour in a container of water and squeeze into it juice from lemons, so that the heads do not darken.
- In a saucepan mix water and vinegar and boil, pour salt, sugar and spices into the marinade.
- Artichokes boil in the marinade for 10 minutes and recline in a colander.
- Garlic, chopped peppers and greenery.
- Artichokes spread over sterilized jars, pouring garlic, pepper and herbs. Tanks pour boiling olive oil and cover with capron cap.
Artichokes preserved in this way will be ready for use in a week. They can be stored in the refrigerator for several months.