Ambrohexal refers to drugs that have mucolytic and expectorant qualities. They are used in the detection of chronic and acute diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract of various etiologies, accompanied by the allocation of sputum viscous consistency. The main active substance of the inhalation solution stimulates the activity of the villi of the respiratory system, which greatly facilitates the separation of sputum accumulations from the walls of the bronchi. Inhalation Ambroheksalom appointed adult children with dry cough, productive bronhospazmah or inflammatory processes in the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.
- Composition and dosage
- Side effects
- How to do
- For children
Composition and dosage
The main active substance of the drug is ambroxol hydrochloride.
Excipients contained in the solution: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium metabisulphite, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, distilled water.
Produced in vials of 50 ml or 100 ml with a measuring cup and a dropper.
- For adults and children older than 5 years of inhalation, it is recommended to hold 1-2 times per day with 2-3 ml of solution( up to 40-60 drops).
- For children less than 5 years old, inhalations with Ambrohexal are carried out in pure form for 2 ml( maximum 40 drops) or in dilution with saline 1-2 times per day.
Inhalations with Ambrohexal are recommended for the following diseases:
- Acute, obstructive or chronic bronchitis.
- Bronchial asthma with impaired separation of sputum secretions.
- For the treatment of the final stage of pneumonia.
- Inflammation of the nasopharyngeal mucosa and respiratory system( laryngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, etc.).
- Improved liquefaction of mucus in the nasopharyngeal cavity.
- For the prevention of colds or after surgery on the respiratory system.
- First trimester of pregnancy.
- Intolerance or hypersensitivity to certain components of the drug.
- Peptic ulcer or other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Caution should be observed when prescribing the solution for renal, hepatic insufficiency( with the Ambrohexal dosage lowering or increasing the intervals between procedures), impaired sputum transport from the bronchi and a weakened cough reflex.to the table of contents ^
Side effects of
- It is rare that dryness of the respiratory tract may occur, increasing the secretion of mucus in the nasal cavity.
- Rarely, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, dry airways, sometimes salivation increases and diarrhea occurs.
- Allergic reactions: exanthema, skin rashes, urticaria, dyspnea, angioedema, itching, bronchospasm, chills, fever are possible. In very rare cases - anaphylactic shock.
Other side effects may include headaches, dizziness, general weakness, difficulty urinating.
With the simultaneous use of antibiotics and Ambrohexal in bronchial secretion, the content of these antibiotics increases. If Ambrohexal for inhalations is used concomitantly with antitussive drugs, it may be difficult to excrete sputum due to suppression of cough reflexes.
In patients with bronchial asthma, inhalations with Ambroxol can cause increased coughing and spasms.to contents ^
How to do
Inhalations are performed using a special device( nebulizer compression or ultrasonic type) and with strict observance of all instructions, while the drug can be used both in its pure form and diluted with saline solution. For the duration of inhalation, patients need to take an increased amount of fluid to enhance the mucolytic effect of the drug.
For children Ambrohexal is diluted with saline according to the instructions and is given with the help of an inhaler( nebulizer).The device sprays the solution into a fine suspension, which when inhaled enters the body and has a therapeutic effect( it is inhaled through the mouth, exhalation - preferably through the nose).
The procedure is carried out at least 1-1.5 hours after a meal and at least half an hour before meals. After inhalation of the child it is desirable to wrap up and give a rest for a while. In no case is it recommended to release on the street in the cold season or to do the procedure during high temperatures.to the table of contents ^
Ambrogexal solution is not recommended in the first three months of pregnancy. On the rest of the term, inhalation is possible only if all risks are weighed and the prospective benefit for the mother exceeds the possible harm for the unborn child. Care should be taken when taking the drug during breastfeeding, as ambroxol enters the breast milk.
The following preparations have the same effect on the patient's body: Ambrobene, ATSTS, Gedelix, Lazolvan, Mukaltin, Fluimutsil, Bromgexin, Pertussin.
Inhalations with Berodual and Ambrohexal, in addition to facilitating the excretion of sputum, have a bronchodilator effect on the body( extend their lumen and soothe the smooth muscles of the bronchi), and the combined use of drugs can reduce the dosage of Ambrohexal by half.