Biologists attribute beets to herbaceous plants of the Amaranth family of beets. Root beet root is located just above the ground, in itself it is very dense and thick. Leaves of leaves have a purple color, the leaves are large and green, sometimes with violet veins. Traditionally, beetroot is grown specifically for food purposes, but its foliage is actively used in folk medicine.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- mastitis from corns and
- cracking headache
- from conjunctivitis
- From freckles and age spots
- tendency to diarrhea
- Inflammation of the kidneys and bladder
- Hepatitisand cirrhosis
- Individual intolerance
- Presence of kidney stones
- Peptic ulcer
- Procurement and storage
Beet sugar is rich in its chemical composition, it includes various vitamins and compounds that positively affect the health of a person, have curative and preventive effects. Its structure includes:
- Vitamins of group B: B1, B2, B6, B9 - Normalize the metabolism in the body, support the nervous system, immunity, adjust the work of the heart muscle and other internal organs;
- Vitamin A - Cell rejuvenation, support for visual acuity, digestion;
- Vitamin PP - Regulation of oxidation-reduction processes, responsible for lipid metabolism, does not allow the accumulation of cholesterol;
- Minerals: calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, aluminum - Mandatory for the functioning of all body systems;
- Flavonoids - Fight inflammatory processes, purify the body of toxins and harmful substances;
- Organic acids and amino acids - Mandatory for stable functioning of the body;
- Ascorbic acid - Supports the tone of the vascular system and fights the manifestation of depression;
- Folic acid - Helps to avoid intrauterine defects in the fetus;
- Carotenoids - Able to dramatically reduce the risk of lung cancer;
- Choline and pectin - Regulate fat exchanges and do not allow the liver to overeat.
Useful properties of
Traditional medicine has long paid attention to beet tops as an effective tool for treating many ailments. With the regular application of the foliage, the following useful properties are manifested at the expense of its rich composition:
- It has a restorative effect for the whole organism as a whole due to its rich vitamin composition;
- Raises immunity during the off-season and exacerbation of a number of diseases;
- Does not allow to develop a depressive state;
- Struggles with constipation and diarrhea, improves the proper functioning of the digestive system;
- Helps to get rid of excess weight due to the presence in the elements of elements involved in lipid metabolism;
- Rejuvenation of human body systems, including skin;
- Stimulates the growth of bone and muscle tissue in children;
- Is an excellent preventive against cancer;
- Prevents the development of the neural tube of the fetus in a pregnant woman;
- removes toxins and toxins;
- Prevention of myopia and hyperopia;
- Supports the stability of the nervous system;
- Does not allow the formation of cholesterol in the blood, which is very important for diabetics;
- Suppresses the propagation of dangerous bacteria in the intestine;
- Prevents occurrence of atherosclerosis and anemia;
- Supports normal thyroid function;
- Strengthens the heart muscle and cardiovascular system, protects against ischemic diseases.
In folk medicine, there are a huge number of recipes with beet tops in the composition. Usually raw materials are used only fresh, in order to preserve the maximum of usefulness and nutrients, so this means can be called seasonal.to table of contents ^
Finely chop the beet leaves, take one tablespoon of raw material and pour one cup of boiling water. Infuse the resulting composition for an hour. Separate the leaves from the liquid and take it ¼ cup before meals 4 times a day. It is not recommended to drink decoction for a long time, the maximum possible duration of use is 1.5 months.to table of contents ^
Gum is made from root leaves. It is recommended to knead in enameled dishes with a wooden crush, so as not to lose useful properties. Kasha should be applied to the seals in the chest for about 40-60 minutes. Repeat every day until the symptoms of mastitis disappear.
From the corns and cracks
The corns and cracks in the feet are not such a harmless defect, they spoil not only the appearance of the foot, but also a hotbed for dangerous infections that can penetrate into open wounds. To get rid of natoptyshey apply mush from the crushed and crushed leaves of beets. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease.to the table of contents ^
From a headache
From a severe headache or migraine, compresses from the tops of the tops are good. To do this, you need to grind the right amount of leaves, wrap the gruel in a clean gauze and attach it to the temples or forehead for half an hour.to contents ^
Crush the leaves until the appearance of juice. The resulting gruel is applied to the eyelids. The more often a fresh gruel is applied, the better the effect will be.to table of contents ^
From freckles and age spots
In the old days, beetroots were used for freckles. For this, the tops were poured with boiling water and then pushed to a fine slurry, soda was added there and applied to the face.
There are no serious contraindications to the use of beet tops, there are only certain categoriespeople who do not want to take it in any form.
The main contraindications are as follows:to the table of contents ^
Addiction to diarrhea
The plant has a strong laxative effect.to contents ^
Inflammatory processes of kidney and bladder
The plant intensifies urination.to table of contents ^
Hepatitis and cirrhosis
The liver load is increased due to the acceleration of metabolism.to contents ^
Leaves provoke exacerbations.to contents ^
The plant has a laxative effect.;
Lowers arterial pressure when used.to table of contents ^
Individual intolerance to
Occurs rarely, it is necessary to pre-test the product for allergic reactions.to contents ^
Presence of kidney stones
The load on these organs increases. Frequent urge in the toilet can trigger the collapse of stones.to contents ^
Increases the load on these organs, increases acidity, is a sedative effect.to contents ^
Procurement and storage of
It is necessary to take clean and undamaged leaves, beforehand it is good to wash and dry them. Cut and dry should be on a wooden board or thick cardboard. After the crushed leaves dry( in the fresh air), they can be rubbed into powder and poured into glass jars with a tight-fitting lid.
You can also dry not only naturally, but also with the help of an oven and special apparatus for drying vegetables, mushrooms and fruits. Of course, such a tops will not be so effective, but still you should not deprive the dried leaves of attention.
Store these banks best in dark and cool places where there is no access to moisture. Well-kept dried leaves are also stored in plastic bags or bags of natural fabrics.